RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Delay with HobbyKing - is 2 weeks without a shipping update normal? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/490233-delay-hobbyking-2-weeks-without-shipping-update-normal.html)

MeanTT 04-04-2014 05:28 PM

Delay with HobbyKing - is 2 weeks without a shipping update normal?

I ordered my Motor, ESC and programmer nearly 1 month ago. I logged onto the tracking system to find out where the product was. It has apparently been in the "sort facility" in Malaysia since March 18! Nothing has happened since.

Does that make any sense to anyone? I am concerned that my product has been lost or improperly "sorted" such that it is now in the trash.

I don't see how it takes over 2 weeks to sort anything, and the fact that it has not been shipped yet is quite concerning, since the earlier shipping activity was much faster.

Anyone have any experience with this situation? Hobbyking simply said it had not been 45 days and therefore I should sit on my hands. Literally, I have attached their response below:

My Email:

"My order number is [______]8996. I have not received anything yet despite my order reporting that it was shipped on March 10. Where is it?"

Their response:

Regarding to order #[_______]8996, Tracking number [________]650MY, it has been dispatched from our warehouse on 11/03/2014. With international registered air mail, it should take 2-3 weeks up to 39days for transit.
The package is within the shipping time frame and still in transit. Please waiting for your parcel in patience .
Please check the following link for delivery updates.
17track[Together Tracking], International Registered/Parcel/EMS/Express Tracking System

jrowles91 04-05-2014 11:35 PM

Re: Delay with HobbyKing - is 2 weeks without a shipping update normal?

I've had stuff take quite some time from them. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Customs can really suck sometimes.

MeanTT 04-06-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrowles91 (Post 4735748)
I've had stuff take quite some time from them. I wouldn't worry about it yet. Customs can really suck sometimes.

That's one thought. I figured since I was buying from China the extra lead in the paint and heavy metals on everything was part of the bonus feature.

Olle P 04-07-2014 07:41 AM

I just had a shipment via Malaysia.

From HobbyKing "shipped" and Pos Malaysia noted "Electronic Notification" it took 4-5 days before the package was recieved by Pos Malaysia.
A few days later it was in transit to Stockholm.
Another two days and Pos Malaysia had it registered as "Arrived at Arlanda/Stockholm". Nothing registered by the Swedish Post.
Yet another two days later came the first Swedish registration: Departed the terminal in my town, en route to the service point.

So, no registration doesn't mean nothing is happening.

redsawacs 04-07-2014 08:20 AM

If you order from the international warehouses and you dont upgrade shipping, you can expect up to a month to a month and a half for delivery. I learned that lesson the hard way too. Watch what warehouse you're getting it from and if you can, order from US warehouses. Also, make sure you look at the shipping options in the checkout process. A few extra $$ makes things a whole lot easier.

xxx123 04-07-2014 09:01 AM

i see Hobbyking sometimes have some hot items being sold at flebay...

MeanTT 04-07-2014 12:29 PM

GUILTY as for the international warehouse. I will know better next time. This brings a whole new meaning to the term "snail mail." Sheesh...

newbiecrawler20 04-18-2014 06:30 AM

I' ordered a servo from them on the 29th of march and haven't even been notified of shipping yet.how do you know which warehouse you order from

HighCountryFab 04-18-2014 09:08 AM

pretty normal with my experience. had no tracking info ever.

OSRC 04-18-2014 09:09 AM

Yup, found that out the hard way too - especially with Lipos.

Only ever order from the US warehouse now, and they are a quick as anyone. Ordered from the USA warehouse on Tuesday, had it here by Thursday. Just have to keep an eye on stock levels, things come and go pretty quickly.

newbiecrawler20 04-18-2014 09:28 AM

It turned out when I ordered it.it was on back order.but it said buy now when I checked out.guess I'll have to wait it out

JokersWild 04-20-2014 10:38 AM

Well that sums it up, reading fine print helps.

The us warehouse is local here in Washington. Have no issues with time or shipment here