Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wtf!!?? Never had these servo problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wtf!!?? Never had these servo problems

Here's the deal.. Have been in the RC crawlers about three years, drive every day, and have built so many different rigs that I think I have experienced almost every problem possible. But this shit is weird.. I had a 7955 on one of my wraiths and it started acting funny, jiggering shaking back-and-forth, so I took it off for the time being(took it apart cleaned it inspected it put it back together) now have hooked it on the bench and it seems to work okay but does not turn all the way to the right!??? Maybe i need to send it back i dunno. The gears looked ok to me... So i figured since I do play in the water with it i would put an underpowered 645 on it (only good for mini crawler IMO) Dear god what a difference. Not a in a good way as most of you know... But it was working okay until the other day, this is where it gets weird, I noticed that the steering was kind of weird at times, but then I noticed at full throttle like hill climbs and such it turns on it's on or straightens up when you're trying to turn!??!!! I have never experienced anything like this and it does not make sense to me, i've had a lot of problems and been able to search the answer, but this one has me stumped. Just started doing it last week, it only does it with a lot of throttle seems to work fine when driving slow , so I have not been running it instead I been runnin the ole trusty wroncho because it's driving me crazy .. Just decided to ask and see if anyone has ever had this experience, here's wat i have before someone jumps my ass for not listing specs..
Tekin fxr, cc bec runnin the servo only, hitec 645 now, HH motor, etc. voltages set at 6.0V for servo, and spectrum rx.. All packed in a radio shack electronics box waterproofed. . Trying to think of anything else someone might ask.. Ummm, I run three cell batteries, hell I guess that's about it if anyone has any questions let me know but please any advice would be great!! Thanks fellas.
lowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Wtf!!?? Never had these servo problems

Grab a volt meter and make sure the bec is putting out the correct voltage. I unknowingly damaged one and it was throwing full 3s battery voltage to my servo. I burned up two of them before I figured out what was going on, and they were acting mighty strange as they came closer to death.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wtf!!?? Never had these servo problems

^ good to know. My 7955 started acting a little funny when I put 7.2 volts on it. Not while driving, but when turning it on. It sometimes clicks for a few seconds, as does the BEC when turning on. I suspect the BEC, as the power wires are peculiarly sensitive, specifically while trying to push the deans plug on. The plug might need some attention though too.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitec 7955, servo, servo help

Wtf!!?? Never had these servo problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo problems hansmoolman Electronics 7 07-14-2012 04:25 PM
servo glitching with bec?? wtf!!!!!! TNCrawler Electronics 8 06-27-2012 01:29 PM
Servo problems Jew1028 General Crawlers 2 03-12-2012 05:54 AM
Servo problems paintballer9876 Electronics 7 02-01-2009 10:59 PM
HELP !!!!!!! servo problems gumby092778 Tamiya Clod Buster 2 02-16-2007 09:59 PM