RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   castle cc bec install trouble in wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/491968-castle-cc-bec-install-trouble-wraith.html)

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 12:03 PM

castle cc bec install trouble in wraith

whats up. i recently installed a castle bec in my wraith. i'm running a stock reciever and tekin fxr esc. the problem is my steering servo is getting constant power and not allowing me to do anything from remote.thought it might be the servo but when i took the gears out i noticed the motor just stayed spinning in one direction. not sure what it could be.

Odd-M 04-18-2014 12:18 PM

Re: castle cc bec install trouble in wraith

How's it wired?

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 12:23 PM

i wired it with castle instructions. i pulled red wire from esc, hooked bec red and black wires to esc battery connector, and hooked everything up normally and put bec plug in battery port in the reciever

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 12:24 PM

i also tried to pull signal wire from bec but didnt help

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 12:37 PM

i'm running a savox 1283 servo and got the bec set at 6volts. thats what the servo calls for.

Odd-M 04-18-2014 12:38 PM

Tried rebinding radio?

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 12:42 PM

no not yet i will give it a try

((RC4LIFE)) 04-18-2014 01:21 PM

i rebound the system and nothing i installed the stock servo and dropped the voltage down to 5 volts like stock esc and it worked fine. im gonna drop the voltage to the savox to see if it helps but maybe my servo went.

ClovisCrawler 04-20-2014 06:16 PM

castle cc bec install trouble in wraith

You said you pulled (or cut) the esc red wire then hooked the bec red and black wires to the esc. According to Castle's instructions, you only pull that red esc wire. You do nothing with the bec black wire. You leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nharkey85 04-20-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClovisCrawler (Post 4751928)
You said you pulled (or cut) the esc red wire then hooked the bec red and black wires to the esc. According to Castle's instructions, you only pull that red esc wire. You do nothing with the bec black wire. You leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

think he meant bec red and black wires as in the power input leads, not the connections to the rx.

the wiring sounds right. does the savox work correctly without using the bec? definitely sounds like a bum servo though

ClovisCrawler 04-21-2014 09:39 PM

I stand corrected

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk