Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need a new radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #1

Default Need a new radio

Hi all
I got the axial radio with my scx10 about two months ago and already wants to replace the radio.
The thing that disturb me the most is the throttle response.
In addition I would like to add a few more channels so I can activate lights and a winch in the future.
For 25 years I'm a Futaba guy, (flying heli and airplanes), but don't know if to keep this tradition
I saw the spectrum DX4S that looks ok but can't decide.
I can only get a Futaba or Spectrum in my country, so please just advice about these two brands.
Thank you for your time
tnitzani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need a new radio

First off welcome.

I would recommend the Futaba brand...I used to be a fan of Spektrum, well I still am in a way. But since switching to Futaba I have not had any glitching, which I did on occasion with the Spektrum brand......they are a good brand, I like Futaba better though, feels better, seems more durable..Hope this helps. The Futaba 4pls is a great transmitter

Cheers,
Wade

Last edited by Wade; 04-20-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Have only used a second hand Spektrum Dx3c which was an inexpensive upgrade from the factory Losi/Spektrum transmitter. The Expo allowed a more usable adjustment of the throttle response, which was more like instant ON with the factory transmitter. Also has multiple model memory and other programming features.

A quick search indicates that the price for a Dx4s is very close to the price of a Futaba 4pl and since all your radio gear is already Futaba, it would seem to be the logical choice. I flew JR for 30 years (until 2.4ghz) and was used to solid feeling/performing radio equipment. Bought a 4pl and was thoroughly impressed. So much so that I bought another one.

I would recommend the Futaba over the Sektrum at the same price.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

Thank you guys, my heart was going for the futaba as well.
I just needed one more push to know I am going to make the right decision.
I can also see that the futaba 4psl is not such an expensive remote. only 250$ before shipping and tax in my country.
Why does the futaba 4pks-r is double in price then the 4psl?

One more issue, If I will buy the futaba 4PSL from the US, I may need the FCC ID in order to get it into ISRAEL, could one of you guy give me this number? it shout be written somewhere on the remote.
Thank you for your time

Last edited by tnitzani; 04-20-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

My wife and myself both run flysky gt3c with the hack done and can run up to 8 channels ( i am looking for more stuff to run i already have 4ws lights servo winch with no problems the programing is a little difficult to figure out but rx's are cheap i run all my stuff off one tx now and love it.
mark32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #6

My daughter has a Spektrum and I have a Futaba. Having play around with her DX4R, I far prefer my 4PKS. It feels more responsive and the menu system is much easier to use.
maxinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #7

I just had one more question in my mind, will it be possible to operate a winch with the Futaba 4PLS?
I have noticed that there is no 3 position switch on this remote.
Actually I don't think I ever came across a car remote with a 3 position switch.
Can you please advice about this issue?
Thank you for your time,
Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

look at the new spectrum 4 chan.. perfect for winch and lights to be controlled sep without a bunch of extra crap .. and comes with a waterproof rx wich is awesome for those muddy crawling days ... comes out in 2 mnths .. 6/6/14 I believe

sorry .. its called dx4c .. back light screen and under 200 with rx... im deff getting one

Last edited by THX_138; 04-23-2014 at 02:24 PM.
going2fast is offline   Reply With Quote

Need a new radio - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aux channel dig radio/servo question DX3R radio... Master Basher Electronics 0 02-10-2014 12:29 PM
What radios are you guys using? stick radio or pistol grip radio?? yellowpasta2000 Newbie General 14 11-28-2009 09:10 AM
Convince me why I should buy a 3pm-x radio over a 2pl radio BadRockNoCookie Electronics 6 11-13-2009 06:23 PM