Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo batt overheating from my SV3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Lipo batt overheating from my SV3

I am currently building a TF2 & the electronics I'm using are a cc SV3, integy 35t brushed motor, cc BEC set @ 7.4v & a savox digital high torque servo. Anyways I hooked everything up plugged in a 3s 1300 lipo pack & the truck starts moving forward I unplugged the battery & plugged it back in & doesn't want to arm the lights are flashing red so & I have no throttle response. So I solved the issue by setting the end points in my radio to neutral now the truck is working properly but reverse doesn't seem to be working smoothly it would jerk back constantly when you reverse the trigger then all of a sudden my lipo would start smoking & overheating! I unplugged the battery & let it cool down then I would try it again but it does the same thing has anybody had this same issue happen where the battery would all of a sudden smoke & get hot when you pull the trigger? Is there something wrong with my setup? I wanna get your feedback thanks!
dR. hOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Lipo batt overheating from my SV3

Sounds like you could have a few issues. Did you calibrate the ESC to the Tx as per the manual? Secondly, what C rating is the LiPo you're using? Thirdly, closely check all your connections including the ones you soldered.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Do you have another motor you can try? This happened to me once. Had a castle brushless motor short/ground out and it did basically the same thing. Got so hot it melted the the deans/ solder connection off my thunder power 70c battery
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a dead short. If the battery got hot enough to smoke, get rid of it.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Hmmmm, ok so I used different lipo batts that I have & they did the same thing by starting to overheat so I disconnected everything & pulled the esc outta the truck. I hooked it into my computer via cc link same with the BEC & everything is still working fine so when I plug in one of my lipo batteries to the sv3 with nothing hooked up all the lights would flash & start beeping I would hold the wires from the battery & within seconds it would rapidly get hot then I have to switch the esc off! I would try the same battery on my other crawlers that also use sidewinders & they would work fine it's only when I would plug it back into the sv3 then it would start to overheat the battery. Do you think that this is an issue with the sv3? I just recently purchased this thing & this is the first time I've used it & it's giving me these issues do you think I should send it in to castle for warranty?
dR. hOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

absolutely an issue with the SV3 if you've tried multiple batteries. Give castle a call, they will back up their product, always do.
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lipo batt overheating from my SV3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lipo batt expanded!!! coldcrawlr Electronics 6 03-10-2011 02:12 PM
What lipo batt for AX10 rcdth Newbie General 1 10-24-2008 02:20 PM
Is My LiPo Batt Gone?? Robb Electronics 31 04-29-2008 10:54 PM