Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: How much can a CC 1410 motor handle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default How much can a CC 1410 motor handle?

I am curious to hear some opinions on this theory here, I want to run the 3800 1410 motor in my Foff truck which will have a final weight of 2.5lbs. I figure the lighter it can be will benefit in keeping Amp draw down and heat also down.

The motor specs are 100,000 rpm max - castle says 2-3s only depending in your esc. I have the Mamba Max Pro esc so that voltage doesn't concern me there, but when you try and calculate KV value X Voltage applied even at 4s voltage your not even close to 70,000 rpm so what gives?? The motor won't last long? The rotor magnet isn't rated to speeds like?

Thanks for your time.

Also I kinda figured if I want to be running 4s then I should have picked up a CC 1415.. But I also may have a losi 550 2300kv motor a friend wants to sell.
BuhBoombuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: How much can a CC 1410 motor handle?

It will be the bearings that explode before the magnet dies. That motor on 3s should be plenty fast, and I really do not see a 2.5 pound car surviving that amount of power.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
It will be the bearings that explode before the magnet dies. That motor on 3s should be plenty fast, and I really do not see a 2.5 pound car surviving that amount of power.

It does sound fun

The axles/ gears and spool, drive shafts, transmission gears/ spur and pinion are all upgraded so I don't see much damage happening there as long as I'm not trying to get standing backflips out of it.

If the same vehicle was 2lbs or 5lbs wouldn't the lighter truck be more likely to keep things together?
Old 04-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuhBoombuh View Post
It does sound fun

The axles/ gears and spool, drive shafts, transmission gears/ spur and pinion are all upgraded so I don't see much damage happening there as long as I'm not trying to get standing backflips out of it.

If the same vehicle was 2lbs or 5lbs wouldn't the lighter truck be more likely to keep things together?
So I suppose you might be working with some one off, hand made super material that is infused with Helium and weighs less than air. I guess at that rate, sure, your car will handle it.

On planet Earth strength comes from stronger materials which tend to weigh more. My Wraith is over 8 pounds, my daughters is 5.5 without all the metal parts I used to make mine strong. My shafty with all CF wheels, chassis, lightened motor, uncased electronics, AL lockers and stock drive lines, and an 800 battery is 3.8 pounds rtr. While my Brood Conflux motor is brutally strong, it does not put out he power of a short course 4 pole motor and while it is built with high quality part it would not live long with a short course motor.

So unless your Tony Stark, I stand by my statement. If you can manage to build a 2.5 pound car it will not last long.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I ran my 1410 3800 on 3s in my exo until the shaft broke off. If you are wanting to put down some power I'd highly suggest the 5mm shaft upgrade.

Maybe locking the center diff wasn't the greatest idea for parts longevity but fuggit, it sure makes it more fun!

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 04-27-2014 at 04:40 PM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'll keep that in mind WHITE TRASH thanks

Okay Violater I'm off here and there on weight cause its all estimate till its finished anyway. Thanks for your input hope I didn't stir anything up. I would be shocked if it survives the first run, let only each time I run it.

Last edited by BuhBoombuh; 04-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

i did this experiment with my 3800kv hooked to my RX8 gen2 with 4s and it was fun for a little bit untill the bearrings self destructed and then the rotor went askew and f'ed up the winding in all ruining the motor,

Last edited by gunder463; 04-28-2014 at 04:11 PM.
gunder463 is offline   Reply With Quote

How much can a CC 1410 motor handle? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
castle creations 1410 motor mikespeed6 Axial Wraith 5 08-25-2013 03:29 AM