RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Help with AI super reverse (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/49349-help-ai-super-reverse.html)

mr.maxx 11-11-2006 07:20 PM

Help with AI super reverse

2 Attachment(s)
I hooked up an AI super reverse plugged in the battery and when I pulled the trigger the truck reversed. I thought hmmm... motor leads are reversed. I switched the leads on the motor tried again and the truck still reverses when I pull the trigger.

I am not new to RC but this is a new one for me. Any thoughts?

Thorsteenster 11-11-2006 07:25 PM

yeah that sounds odd, only thing i can think of is try flipping the servo reverse. hmm, i was thinking about picking one up for my tlt but i guess now's not a good time to ask if you like it.....

Reflection 11-11-2006 07:28 PM

That does sound odd. What radio are you using? I know it should do the same as reversing the motor leads but could you switch the ESC channel on the radio?

mr.maxx 11-11-2006 07:36 PM

I tried reversing it but it went into full reverse. The ESC doesn't have a set button and there isn't enough trim to correct it from the radio. The radio is an Airtronics blazer... It works fine with my clod.

It has to be the ESC.

I thought about flipping the motor to the other side of the trans??

Reflection 11-11-2006 08:08 PM

I noticed the other day,when the batteries got weak in my sons radio,when he turned left it would drive the truck in reverse. I thought that was super crazy:lol: You could trim it out but it wouldn't turn to the left very much at all. Replaced the batteries and reset the trim and all is well.

batteries good in your radio?

Thorsteenster 11-11-2006 09:54 PM

its that artificial intelligence (AI) crap, it new that you really wanted to go backwards, even though you didnt know. is it a new esc or have you had it in somthing else? try plugging it inot the steering port in the receiver for S&G, see what ya get. mounting the motor in the other tab still rotates the same direction.

JohnRobHolmes 11-11-2006 10:24 PM

Keep unplugging and plugging it back in. Those esc's sometimes set themselves up wrong. Figure out which way is forward the majority of the time, and that should be your forward. Is there an LED to tell you if it is in reverse or forward?

666 11-11-2006 10:26 PM

Mine does that in my TXT sometimes! Same ESC! Goofy lil bastard!:lol:

EeePee 11-12-2006 06:19 AM

What about adding in a little forward trim before you plug the battery pack in?

Oh I got it, mount the ESC facing the other direction! :lol:

Cole82 11-12-2006 06:36 AM

Make sure your not hiting the trigger at all when you plug the battery in. Causeing it to go into reverse. Also wait a second or two before pulling the trigger. It has to think about what you want before it does it.

Reflection 11-12-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole82
Also wait a second or two before pulling the trigger. It has to think about what you want before it does it.

But if you don't touch the trigger....hows the ESC gonna know what you want to do to even think about it? Oh,wait....I know,it's the Artificial Intelligence. Freaky stuff right there,I don't want an ESC that plays with my mind like that,I'll stick with my dumber than a coal bucket Mamba Max,

I'm with Eee Pee,I think it's just mounted backwards:lol:

bigflex 11-12-2006 07:51 AM

do you have the leads in the rx backwards?

mr.maxx 11-12-2006 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigflex
do you have the leads in the rx backwards?

I didn't think about that. Would it even work if it was plugged in backwards?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Thorsteenster 11-12-2006 08:48 AM

im not sure but i think that would be essentially the same as servo reversing?

EeePee 11-12-2006 08:50 AM

Think of where the signal wire is, and where it'll end up.

666 11-12-2006 08:55 AM

I've tried it all, reversing the wires, switching the radio, etc.... It's just a goofy booger!:grin:

Thorsteenster 11-12-2006 09:02 AM

good to know, i guess i'll look else where for an esc for my tlt crawler

666 11-12-2006 09:17 AM

I had a PRO reverse that i used in my clod and my tlt and never had a problem w/ it, actually it's one of my best esc's i've owed! Shouldn't have traded it!

But i like the goofy booger super reverse, it's a challenge! Going forward, wait backing up, ok forward again, ye ha! I think i'll put it in my hilift next!:lol:

mr.maxx 11-12-2006 11:28 AM

I plugged and unplugged the battery a couple times and it went forward when I pulled the trigger. After I stopped and tried it again it is out thinking me again.

Can anyone find the link for the manual? I looked but I cant find the AI manuals...

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted:

mr.maxx 11-12-2006 05:49 PM

I switched the motor leads again and now she isn't out thinking me. It seems to work fine now.