Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Brood vs holmes hobbie motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

It's called a joke lighten up Francis, it's been working fine recently but today it's been saying this
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Brood vs holmes hobbie motors

So are we talking about Holmes vs Brood or Search engine?

I like Holmes, I am slowly changing over to Holmes. I have 3 Broods, they are nice, but pricey. However, Holmes offer less choice than Brood, so if you want absolutely high end and can afford it, brood have more and possibly better options. But I am happy at Holmes performance and price ratio. You are probably paying 2x the cost to gain 10% in performance. Some people may say the 10% will be difference betweem 1st and 2nd, but I am not in that league yet, when I am there, I will consider my options.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #23
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I design for manufacture to ensure sustainable products and pricing for the long run. That allows us to price fairly and still have employees. The lack of options are because particular builds work better, and its my job to make selecting products easy. Certain options like heaviest wire fill are tucked into team products.

If there was a performance gap, I wouldn't be powering national winners so many years straight. I let the products sell themselves on merit and insist my drivers, employees, and myself don't bad mouth other companies while getting there. Seems to be working well
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:14 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

In my opinion, Holmes Hobby takes the hill. With a huge selection of motors it is quit hard to compare to. As I mentioned before in other threads that I use to be a tekin only guy, I then noticed some other brand that was really becoming famous and that was Holmes. I decided to get a torquemaster pro 35t and through it in my trail rig. (The old tekin 35t went out). Anyways, from the awesome performance of that Holmes I have decided to go to them if I need a brushed motor. There quality is top notch and performance is superb. I recently bought a BR-XL and a CrawlMaster Pro 13t from them and I'm excited to get it in (still in shipping). I heard that their smooth as butter and I believe that. All I have to say is that, go with Holmes and never look back.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the answers I was actually looking for guys
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stepRC View Post
Thanks for the answers I was actually looking for guys
No problem lol.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #27
RCC Addict

I can go on for days and then some...

Call each company and talk to the owner or their CS rep...that's what sells me on a company when I am trying to decide between 2 proven companies.

I'm a Broodling - always have been, always will be. Love the assistance I get when looking to buy and love the performance I get when I install. No need for me to try other motors when I have one that Kicks butt and takes names. Several motors to choose from, and I don't have to cypher the language to create my own.

P.S. Yes this is a "Fanboy" thread and thats what you're going to see when asking "Ford vs. Chevy" questions....F.Y.I, Chevy is the best...

Last edited by redsawacs; 07-21-2014 at 10:06 AM.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

I love my Holmes brushless for the Wrexo and Holmes crawl master pro for the tundra Truggy had my crawl master for 2 yrs now no issues just replace brushes and Maintence is a must to keep it going
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
I can go on for days and then some...

Call each company and talk to the owner or their CS rep...that's what sells me on a company when I am trying to decide between 2 proven companies.

I'm a Broodling - always have been, always will be. Love the assistance I get when looking to buy and love the performance I get when I install. No need for me to try other motors when I have one that Kicks butt and takes names. Several motors to choose from, and I don't have to cypher the language to create my own.
Have you ever tried a Holmes motor?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
Have you ever tried a Holmes motor?
Have you? Cause I see you going on on and on about them, yet you posted you don't even have one yet....

I facepalm every time I see these threads come up...

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #31

But you know we both gotta be doing something right if people have a hard time deciding.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Have you? Cause I see you going on on and on about them, yet you posted you don't even have one yet....

Later EddieO
Yeah in my honcho I have a Holmes TorqueMaster Pro 35t and with my G6 build right now I picked the BR-XL and CrawlMaster Pro 13t setup. Yeah sure I've rambled on and on about them but if you check out my build thread you'll see some pictures of the system for my G6 when they come in..as I mentioned before the BR-XL and CrawlMaster Pro 13t are not here yet but when they do get here I will install it and there you have it...Ive talked to John about this setup and I'm a true Holmes Fan. With my honcho, I've had that Holmes motor for maybe four months now and I'm very happy with it..much better than that old tekin 35t if you ask me.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Both build great stuff. Both very smart in what they do. One drives the other to produce better stuff. We've come a long ways since $12 integy lathe motors.

Competition is good. Even better with civility. These threads usually cause more harm than good. There have been multitudes of them. Odds are there is enough info in the many build threads here to make a decision as to what one needs or wants. Look around a bit
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah in my honcho I have a Holmes TorqueMaster Pro 35t and with my G6 build right now I picked the BR-XL and CrawlMaster Pro 13t setup. Yeah sure I've rambled on and on about them but if you check out my build thread you'll see some pictures of the system for my G6 when they come in..as I mentioned before the BR-XL and CrawlMaster Pro 13t are not here yet but when they do get here I will install it and there you have it...Ive talked to John about this setup and I'm a true Holmes Fan. With my honcho, I've had that Holmes motor for maybe four months now and I'm very happy with it..much better than that old tekin 35t if you ask me.
Missed that in your post...

But on the flip side, have you ever tried a brood motor? Just seems strange to me you question a persons loyalty to a product that has served him well....yet you yourself have never tried the OTHER guys stuff.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I design for manufacture to ensure sustainable products and pricing for the long run. Certain options like heaviest wire fill are tucked into team products.
These 2 statements are why I am a Team Brood Fan. I like the fact that I don't have to be a team member to get the latest and great technologies. I don't want a one size fits all approach to my motors. I have tried your motors and yes they are good not going to say otherwise and have served me well but trying to get a hold of you for info or advice is like pulling teeth. I don't think I have waited more than a few hours for a reply from Brood. The biggest plus IMO between the two of you is the bar is always getting set higher!

The options I have seen go into your Holmes team drivers builds versus what is available on your site are 2 different things. What I see go into team members motors from Brood is available no matter your statues quo. Just my 2 cents and I am sure I will get flamed.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #36

Who says you have to be a team member to buy a team motor? We offer the same options to everyone, always have.

Example, team Puller 500 Crawl Holmes Hobbies LLC

I'll admit we have had issues keeping up with customer service in the past, but that is part of growing fast that I couldn't avoid. Now we have a full time customer service rep that does nothing but answer questions fast.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #37
RCC Addict

I've never ran either brands high end motors but I have refreshed motors from both for friends. They both use quality parts and you can feel the huge power difference over off the shelf motors. I don't think there's a wrong choice between the two.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:

But on the flip side, have you ever tried a brood motor? Just seems strange to me you question a persons loyalty to a product that has served him well....yet you yourself have never tried the OTHER guys stuff.

Later EddieO
Nope never tried them but I might consider them. If I ever need a new motor then I'll get a brood just to try them out. If there good then why not try them out

I just looked at brood and from the looks of them they actually look worth the money...sorry if I put them down..didn't mean to.

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #39
RCC Addict

OK, THATS IT!

I am officially offering myself to torture test both companies motors. I have a 3 year old who owns a honcho. Send him a Brood and a Holmes....I'll let him beat the hell out of them....I mean, drive normally until they fall apart. Then we can put to rest who I like more - LOL

Don't be shocked if I never test the Holmes motor and report the Brood motor the winner! LOL
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
In my opinion, Holmes Hobby takes the hill. With a huge selection of motors it is quit hard to compare to. As I mentioned before in other threads that I use to be a tekin only guy, I then noticed some other brand that was really becoming famous and that was Holmes. I decided to get a torquemaster pro 35t and through it in my trail rig. (The old tekin 35t went out). Anyways, from the awesome performance of that Holmes I have decided to go to them if I need a brushed motor. There quality is top notch and performance is superb. I recently bought a BR-XL and a CrawlMaster Pro 13t from them and I'm excited to get it in (still in shipping). I heard that their smooth as butter and I believe that. All I have to say is that, go with Holmes and never look back.
Quote:

Later EddieO
I facepalm every time I see someone not read that which has been posted a few posts above them, then fly off the handle like this. Short fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
But you know we both gotta be doing something right if people have a hard time deciding.
Yes, you guys are making waves and building your customer base, and brand loyalty, but It's important to remain grounded and not get cocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Both build great stuff. Both very smart in what they do. One drives the other to produce better stuff. We've come a long ways since $12 integy lathe motors.

Competition is good. Even better with civility. These threads usually cause more harm than good. There have been multitudes of them. Odds are there is enough info in the many build threads here to make a decision as to what one needs or wants. Look around a bit
TEDROCKZ hit the nail on the head... I'd like to see more civility, but sometimes it looks like a lovers spat. These two builders have a unique opportunity in cornering a market, it would be nice to see them work together. Or at lease not bully the others customers around.

Quote:

Later EddieO
Bro, have you ever tried a Holmes Motor?

I own neither of your motors, does that mean I never will, of course I will at some point. I have driven one brand. When I go to market for new crawler motors, trust me, I'll buy many, not just one.

I'd like to see what you guys could come with if you worked together on a motor. You know, like a super motor... a Crawler Supreme
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Brood vs holmes hobbie motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motors? thinking holmes hobbie tombs Redcat Crawlers 8 04-14-2010 12:02 PM