Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Brood vs holmes hobbie motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Brood vs holmes hobbie motors

Has anyone ever posted what motor form each Builder is equal too the other?
I went with HH bc the website was easier with less options but I have seen both in action. Hands down both offer the best your going to get but "Which is better" is a personal opinion...... Or a Facebook dance battle?
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

I'm a Holmes person but Brood seems to have a very wide selection of motors, the only thing I don't care is that there prices are way to high for the hand wounds..so Holmes is what I'm staying with. I wouldn't say that brood is bad but god..look at the prices for a full compact motor..roughly 300 bucks! Way too much in my opinion and the machine wounds don't really last that long either so brood is out of my list to buy from (so is tekin). I honestly think that tekin is the brand in the past, with Holmes getting stronger and stronger everyday and other brands tekin is just a blast from the past..they haven't came out with new brushed motors lately nor do they have a wide selection..no wonder why people don't really talk about tekin anymore.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I didn't fly off the handle....read the post on my phone, missed the upper part....admitted fault in my response, I am human....allowed to make a mistake and miss something. Certainly wasn't bullying anyone though. These threads get old for me, as I am sure it does for John to see these threads.....

What's funny is John and I, don't really ever argue in these threads....we argue about other stuff in other threads, but pretty much never these....

And yes, I have tried one....funny question.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

I agree EddieO...I'm sure there will always be people posting threads about this..it'll never end lol. Most people don't realize what the search button can do. Or people that started the thread simply don't think and ask others and not use there personal opinion, could be a possibility. I gave my opinions and suggestions to this thread..now the discussion is basically over haha.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

My version of the Torquemaster Pro is the same retail price as John's version of it....$64.99....while prices can vary with options I offer, the base prices of the motors are all the same.

Using the stubby as an example is much different than what 90% of the customers buy.....and while John sells a shorter motor like the stubby, they are VERY different in how they are made. His costs less because he uses different parts (please note I didn't say cheap or worse parts). The stubby is a pain in the ass to build as I do it to make it work like I want....hence the high price tag. If they were not worth it, you certainly would not see them sell....

Your torquemaster pro at $64.99 would of been $64.99 from me....your crawlmaster $74.99 vs $84.99...I do my arms different for the 5 segment arms, hence they cost more....

That's why I facepalm these threads....incorrect information like making it sound like all my stuff is 2x expensive when its not...

Later EddieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
I'm a Holmes person but Brood seems to have a very wide selection of motors, the only thing I don't care is that there prices are way to high for the hand wounds..so Holmes is what I'm staying with. I wouldn't say that brood is bad but god..look at the prices for a full compact motor..roughly 300 bucks! Way too much in my opinion and the machine wounds don't really last that long either so brood is out of my list to buy from (so is tekin). I honestly think that tekin is the brand in the past, with Holmes getting stronger and stronger everyday and other brands tekin is just a blast from the past..they haven't came out with new brushed motors lately nor do they have a wide selection..no wonder why people don't really talk about tekin anymore.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I just wanted to push your buttons because I've seen how easy it is to get you revved up. I figured there was some excuse like "I was posting in a wind tunnel, and I only have two fingers available because the others were busy flipping someone off"

I loved the discussion you guys had in the Berg forum in the Champs thread.

So is there any chance the two of you are compatible enough despite varying tuning opinions, to come together in one motor, I'm being fawking serious here? Think of the possibilities.

I agree also, I've seen too many of these threads over the years.

Last edited by rockhugger; 07-21-2014 at 12:23 PM.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stepRC View Post
No joke, didn't come up with squat
(Ha just saw this post) I found results in my search, this is a really weird thread because you know this question has been answered many times...
Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
My version of the Torquemaster Pro is the same retail price as John's version of it....$64.99....while prices can vary with options I offer, the base prices of the motors are all the same.

Using the stubby as an example is much different than what 90% of the customers buy.....and while John sells a shorter motor like the stubby, they are VERY different in how they are made. His costs less because he uses different parts (please note I didn't say cheap or worse parts). The stubby is a pain in the ass to build as I do it to make it work like I want....hence the high price tag. If they were not worth it, you certainly would not see them sell....

Your torquemaster pro at $64.99 would of been $64.99 from me....your crawlmaster $74.99 vs $84.99...I do my arms different for the 5 segment arms, hence they cost more....

That's why I facepalm these threads....incorrect information like making it sound like all my stuff is 2x expensive when its not...

Later EddieO
Yeah I understand that. So you actually have to put the brood motors together? Just curious lol. I looked at brood and I noticed that you can change just about everything on them to suite your needs, I guess that's the best thing about them.

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-21-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Motors are assembled by me here. I don't wind much, so my primary winder does that....the rest of the motor is built here. Most motors come in teardown form, which most of the work is put into the armature, then all the pieces are put together. Some of the new motors like the stubby, conflux, or John's Pullers are even more hand made as they don't really come in a teardown....

If anything the main gripe about my stuff isn't price, its the massive amount of options I offer on many motors, which causes confusion to some customers....

As for a super crawler motor design, while I would never say never, we have pretty different views on motor designs....plus it would kinda be like Chevy and Ford getting together to make a motor.... :P

Later EddieO
Old 07-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Motors are assembled by me here. I don't wind much, so my primary winder does that....the rest of the motor is built here. Most motors come in teardown form, which most of the work is put into the armature, then all the pieces are put together. Some of the new motors like the stubby, conflux, or John's Pullers are even more hand made as they don't really come in a teardown....

If anything the main gripe about my stuff isn't price, its the massive amount of options I offer on many motors, which causes confusion to some customers....

As for a super crawler motor design, while I would never say never, we have pretty different views on motor designs....plus it would kinda be like Chevy and Ford getting together to make a motor.... :P

Later EddieO
Oh okay, thank you for the info. I didn't know you made the brood motors. So say if I wanted a motor for my G6, good rpm and low end torque, what motor of yours would you recommend?
Old 07-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I finally stepped up to one of these guys bada$$ motors and I love it! The options and competition are in our favor as the consumer. I couldnt be happier with the combined selection. I choose holmes simply because a 5 segment was what I wanted and it was simpler and cost less. Brood will get my business sooner or later too though as im a parts whore.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Perfect. So I am not a fan boy of any brand. I use what works. So since I imagine both owners are lightly monitoring this thread......I will ask a question.

I currently have an ultra light class two scale rig. I have a 35T integy on 3s which works awsome, butt...... I want more torque, more low speed crawling, and more rpm capability.

Price is really not much of a concern. But I don't want to just throw money away.
The 35T integy does not get hot at all. Maybe 120 after a full pack? So I don't want anything I have to worry about heat wise.

What motor from holmes is suggested?

What motor from Brood is suggested?

Thank you very much!
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
(Ha just saw this post) I found results in my search, this is a really weird thread because you know this question has been answered many times...

But I didn't know what the answer was
12stepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #54
Try to Bend it

Both companies provide a great product to their loyal customers. At the end of the day regardless of who you choose you will have a power plant from one of the two best motor builders in the rc crawling industry.

BTW according to my search engine. it took 0.09 seconds to find six threads asking your question.

Last edited by Highlucks; 07-21-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Let me just put this out there for everybody that doesn't seem to understand, I've been on rcc for just around a year now and have had 0 problems finding stuff on the search engine but this past week it hasn't been working properly so you can stop sharing what your searches have turned up. K ?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

And that's just going to make them post it up more......
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Oh well, if they do at least I know there just being dicks instead of just not reading
Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #58
R.I.P. Chip

It's times like this I wish I could find the pic I took of Holmes and Brood hugging it out.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

I think I will have to put a Brood on one axle and an HH on the other.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
It's times like this I wish I could find the pic I took of Holmes and Brood hugging it out.
Search noob(one anyways)

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 07-21-2014 at 10:26 PM.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Brood vs holmes hobbie motors - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motors? thinking holmes hobbie tombs Redcat Crawlers 8 04-14-2010 12:02 PM