Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #21

Default Re: DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off

I just enabled blank model 10, copied it to overwrite my preset model 1, then re-enterd my presets and...so far it's WORKING! Very happy, but very puzzled...
Cammmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #22

I've been having the same issues. I reset all my settings under Model 7 instead of 1 and re-binded it and it now works properly. The switch assignments stay now!
Hawkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

i just ended up avoiding using model memory 1 as that seems to be the one with this issue, still its annoying that spektrum wont even bother to adress the issue!!
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I had problem on Model 3 ( the only one needing more than 2CH in my RC farm), which I have resolved.
SilmarilS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #25

I might have found a solution. At least it worked for me. My problem was the avc function. I activated the AVC. Set one of the gains to switch E. Got back to switches and set E to Aux1. Switched of the transmitter, turned it back on again. Went to switches to find that E was inhibited again. Turned of the AVC, reset E to Aux1. Turned the transmitter off and back on again and............. IT WORKS AGAIN.......
shummy002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I bought this same radio a year ago and had all the same problems on memory 1 and switched to 2 and set everything up and it saved it for about a year and now it is doing the same thing. Funny, my model memory 3 has just a two channel crawler on it that I have never reassigned the switches for and the switches in that model memory are all reassigned exactly like my memory 2 is supposed to be... and I didn't even do it! and it stays saved! But not on the memory 2 where it is supposed to be saved! how random is that!? I emailed horizon well over a week ago and have gotten no response. I am seeing that they don't care about the problem. I will try the above steps and see if it works for me and let you guys know.
woodymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

well they got back to me...

Sep 1 at 5:52 PM
Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby.

Unfortunately, this model does not have memory for assigned switches and these will need to be reprogrammed if powered off. I apologize for the inconvenience.

So now they're lying?
Old 09-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

After doing what was said with all the resetting and binding it now saves the switches. Thank you for your guys help. I went ahead and sent horizon what was said to do on here and thanked them for all they're help... haha
Old 10-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #29

Now this is too funny, I just put a Dig into my SCX10 for "giggles" and sure enough, my DX-4C won't save the damn switch settings for Aux. It has lots of memory to save the other switch settings (Timer, etc) so that sounds like a lame pass-off.

I'll be pissed if this can't be fixed.
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

yes this whole radio issue was just brushed under the carpet with the hope of just not dealing with it.

even after a year i never got any resolution from them and to boot now i have about 3 model memories that wont save now.

from my understanding they just released a V2 dx4c instead of offering firmware updates, they did not even bother to offer me a warranty return or anything just bullcrap everytime.

them saying their is no function to save switch assignments is also in my opinion horse crap, the microchip pic used for this radio is one of the higher end devices that has a ridiculously usable good amount of not only program space but HEF ( high endurance flash) and after playing with that on some of my chips its a pain to sometimes get things saved or read from at times so i just often let my compilers built in lazy man routines deal with that one lol.

honestly i think they just cant admit their code guys forgot or didnt debug something correctly just to try and get a budget 4 ch out as quickly as possible to compete with the other brand names many 4ch radio options.

if you search around online for horizon hobby and find a site called glassdoor ( Working at Horizon Hobby | Glassdoor )

you will see that in the last couple of years the horizon hobby brand as a whole was sold from the original family owners to the then company director joe ambrose who was their employee, he gathered a bunch of his investment group buddies so they could all pool their resources to buy H.H and start stripping it of its profits as much as they can.

if you read through the reviews you will eventually see once they started clawing away they ended up losing a majority of the original long term staff and that it seems is one of the reasons i guess why the customer care is now heading down the porcelain throne because the staff now work in a place they dont enjoy anymore, pretty much like a majority of us i guess now.

unfortunately it is sad as that will ultimately lead to the eventual demise if they dont wise up, hopefully someone else will come along before then and relieve them of it and try and fix the damage.

this is why i now will not buy anything that is released from their many brands anymore.

its sad but thats just greedy upper management types for you, only care about themselves.

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #31

Shummy's solution worked the first time for me. Turn on AVC, set your swicthes, turn off radio, turn back on ,switch will default back to inhibut, turn AVC off, go back to swicthes and rear apply your desired action. Turn radio off, turn back on.....that's what worked for me. Good job Shummy!!!
DannyDigital88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I had the problem as well, but the solution shummy discovered worked the first time! Well done mate!
RaceMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #33
I joined the Band!

A friend of mine found a fix for this as well.. It has something to do with the first few slots on the DX4C . We dont know why.

Anyways, If you take like slot 20, and copy it over to whatever slot you want , Then set your settings, It SHOULD save now.. Something about those first three or four save profiles doesnt like to save, But moving slot 20, over to slot 3 in my case. Fixed it right up
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:25 AM   #34

I just reset mine and it seem to solve the problem
Stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #35

8-31-14 to 6-8-17 and the problema still exists. I wish i would've known this issue before i bought mine. Just wanted to FYI and inform people that the dx4c i bought about 2-3 months ago still has the same issues as a dx4c purchassed 3 years ago. Its quite sad and disappointing that so many has had this problem and yet it still exists. I have tried for an hour to get my switch e set for aux 1 2p for my tf2 shift servo i called and i recieved the same response as in that shouldnt be happening send it in for our tech team to fix. I just bought 3 receivers or i would junk it and buy something different. Im gonna try the fixes listed and hopefully that helps correct it.
WNCtrailriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:40 PM   #36

I know this is a bit late but some guy on youtube showed the answer, I just tried it, and it works! Enable avc then exit back to main menu and power down the transmitter. Then power up and disable avc and set your switch and power off and back on to check setting has been remembered. if you enable avc again it will forget switch setting
EMRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome-Sauce RC View Post
it took me 2 months!!!! to get a response from the incapable people at spektrum/horizon, the issue is firmware related and they even told me that they are working on a firmware update but with no release date.
Something doesn't add up because Horizon has the best customer service in the industry and they respond immediately...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

DX4C not saving switch assignments after bind/power off - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS-GT3B front button assignments Captain Ron Electronics 1 04-28-2013 10:09 AM
Night crawler cuts power to motor under bind? Huss666 Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 11-16-2009 01:51 AM
Need a power switch...help! Nelstrodomous Electronics 2 06-11-2009 11:15 PM
switch wiring for power, do u switch - or + toy4crawlin Electronics 3 09-09-2008 04:59 AM
loss of power when in bind??? swaugh Electronics 41 12-30-2006 12:11 PM