Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Airtronics mt4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #21

Default Re: Airtronics mt4

Hi , What are thoughts on the Airtronics M12 ? I'm trying to get more smarter with electronic side of Rc . I can slap some rims and tires on . Easy ! I'm looking for reliability and looking to get into U4 . I have poison spider . Thanks
BUZZURK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZURK View Post
Hi , What are thoughts on the Airtronics M12 ? I'm trying to get more smarter with electronic side of Rc . I can slap some rims and tires on . Easy ! I'm looking for reliability and looking to get into ateU4 . I have poison spider . Thanks
I use a M12 for both racing and crawling. I've use Airtronics since I got into RC in 93 and have never had a bad experience. Though I understand Airtronics is no longer going to be the Sanwa distributor in The US. If what I've read is accurate Airtronics will be no longer.

Having the same radio with a the Sanwa name instead Airtronics isn't that big of a deal, the question is what happens with service.
Dwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I have an M12 that I use but I kinda wished I saved some money and went with the MT-4. I'm not sure I actually use anything that the M12 does but the MT-4 can't. The signal is rock solid reliable and the telemetry works really well if you decide to use it. I use a 1800mah 2s LiFE pack in my radio (the M12 and MT-4 use the same batteries) and I get several trail days out of one charge. I have it setup to control the winch and remote switch for the light bar on my SCX10.

They also make a 4 channel waterproof receiver which I hope to get in the not too distant future. I don't know if any of the other brands have a waterproof receiver that allows use of all 4 channels.

Sanwa/Airtronics RX-471W 2.4GHz Super Response 4CH Waterproof Receiver
Not to resurrect an old thread but do you happen to have a step by step on how you got a winch to work with your M12? I am still searching and have tried a few things I have seen but still am unable to get it to work. I am using a M12 with a RX-452, RC4WD winch with controller for the radio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon
Junior.abca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Picked one up (MT/44) a year ago and its now my favorite. I have 2 Futabas and a Spektrum. The 44 is Telemetry capable its great for my Touring and Drift cars. I can make ESC adjustments without taking the body off, it's a nice feature.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior.abca View Post
Not to resurrect an old thread but do you happen to have a step by step on how you got a winch to work with your M12? I am still searching and have tried a few things I have seen but still am unable to get it to work. I am using a M12 with a RX-452, RC4WD winch with controller for the radio.

Any help would be appreciated.
It doesn't take anything special, I'm using the thumb lever for the winch on channel 3. You have to assign channel 3/Aux 1 to the lever and make sure to unassign it from any other button (This will almost certainly mess thing up if more than 1 button is assigned to work an Aux channel). Using both a HeyOK unit and an ESC as a winch controller required no further setup past plugging them into the right channel slot on the receiver, not sure if the RC4WD controller would require any other steps since I've never used one.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #26

Quote:
It doesn't take anything special, I'm using the thumb lever for the winch on channel 3. You have to assign channel 3/Aux 1 to the lever and make sure to unassign it from any other button (This will almost certainly mess thing up if more than 1 button is assigned to work an Aux channel). Using both a HeyOK unit and an ESC as a winch controller required no further setup past plugging them into the right channel slot on the receiver, not sure if the RC4WD controller would require any other steps since I've never used one.
Ok I will go through the setup once again and make sure that I have the lever assigned properly. What is the proper setting that I should have for the lever? I will have to make sure that I don't have it assigned anywhere else too. Do you know how to program SW1 so that it turns the lever on and off? I kind of like that option given my fat fingers.

If I still can't get it to work with the RC4WD winch controller I will look at getting a small brushed esc and go that route. I am sure there are some videos of that on youtube.

Thanks for the help so far.

Jon
Old 08-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #27

Quote:
I went through the setup again and found that it had Aux1 assigned to two other buttons and the lever. Unassigned those other two and the thing works like a charm as expected.. Next I want to find out how to use SW1 to enable/disable the lever in case I accidentally bump it while out on the trail.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Jon
Old 08-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior.abca View Post
I went through the setup again and found that it had Aux1 assigned to two other buttons and the lever. Unassigned those other two and the thing works like a charm as expected.. Next I want to find out how to use SW1 to enable/disable the lever in case I accidentally bump it while out on the trail.

Thank you for all your help so far.
Glad you got it working, I went through the same frustration of aux functions not working because they were assigned to multiple switches.

As for assigning a switch to turn the lever on and off, I'm not sure if that is an option. Maybe it is possible but not something I ever tried.

Using the race modes may be an option, have 1 race mode set up normally then have a 2nd with the aux 1 endpoints set to 0 then you can toggle between the 2 race modes to enable and disable the winch control.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Airtronics mt4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba 4PLS vs Airtronics MT4 aqwik69 Electronics 3 10-30-2013 12:34 PM
Airtronics MT4 Jslick Electronics 8 02-11-2012 10:19 AM