Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin RS - Drag Brake Setting Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #1

Default Tekin RS - Drag Brake Setting Issue

Hello, I have just gotten more seriously involved in some crawling / trail running with me & my 2 boys, we are all using Axial Dingo's. I have just gotten mine together & I am using one of my Tekin RS speed controls from oval racing days (have a few of them). My issue is the Drag Brake seems to still allow some drifting once in awhile. I have the HotWire & set the drag brake to full, no push control, max braking & the neutral window I tried at low, high & have left it set in the middle. Not sure how to get the slight drift out of it. If I bump the throttle slighlty to brake it seems to set. I have changed the motor setting to Brushed Forward/Reverse with Delay (was using brushless in the oval car).

Sometimes going up hill it will stop & hold as soon as i let off the throttle, sometimes it will start to drift back unless I bump the throttle slighty then seems to hold. Same thing going down hill.

Does anyone have any good setting for crawling they could post? As I stated I have been running oval so brake is the thing that was never really on lol. Thank you!

PS plan to get Holmes speed controls in the future just getting the truck set first using what I have.
Naz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tekin RS - Drag Brake Setting Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz53 View Post
Hello, I have just gotten more seriously involved in some crawling / trail running with me & my 2 boys, we are all using Axial Dingo's. I have just gotten mine together & I am using one of my Tekin RS speed controls from oval racing days (have a few of them). My issue is the Drag Brake seems to still allow some drifting once in awhile. I have the HotWire & set the drag brake to full, no push control, max braking & the neutral window I tried at low, high & have left it set in the middle. Not sure how to get the slight drift out of it. If I bump the throttle slighlty to brake it seems to set. I have changed the motor setting to Brushed Forward/Reverse with Delay (was using brushless in the oval car).

Sometimes going up hill it will stop & hold as soon as i let off the throttle, sometimes it will start to drift back unless I bump the throttle slighty then seems to hold. Same thing going down hill.

Does anyone have any good setting for crawling they could post? As I stated I have been running oval so brake is the thing that was never really on lol. Thank you!

PS plan to get Holmes speed controls in the future just getting the truck set first using what I have.
Where do you have your neutral width set? If it's too low and the radio signal wanders, this can cause weird behavior around neutral and drag break only works when the RS sees a full and steady neutral signal.

What motors are you running?
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #3

I have the neutral set midway. Running older 27 turn motors from the brushed days to use them up and older airtronics mx3 radio.
I thought it might be in that setting with the older radio not getting right back to nuetral. I will be updating radio and receiver also should help. I have had great luck with my tekins thru many years but was always mainly running oval and not using brakes lol.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Where's your drag brake set at?
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #5

Drag brake is set up to full / max amount.

Tekin RS - Drag Brake Setting Issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rtr wraith drag brake setting? UnlimitedJDB Axial Wraith 6 05-23-2014 03:42 AM
FXR Setting Drag Brake Crawler ZSKYLAR Electronics 2 06-09-2013 12:46 PM
Drag brake issue, MM. durango#95 Electronics 10 03-07-2009 11:42 AM
does this have a drag brake setting??? Sinastir Newbie General 10 11-30-2008 10:41 AM
Drag Brake Issue? hexlink Electronics 2 04-30-2008 04:12 PM