RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   You guessed it, I'm glitching (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/513490-you-guessed-im-glitching.html)

Savagethrash 10-28-2014 09:43 AM

You guessed it, I'm glitching

It's only under heavy load in my xr10 with m2. I am running a CC bec. I read about adding caps and running the ground wire to the receiver. I only have 3 wires on my servo two of which (red and black) run to the bec and the yellow runs to the rx. I think that means running a ground wire to the RX is out of the question. Would running the BEC through the rx be a better idea? I've seen so many posts with conflicting setups. Both sides seem to have people with and without issues.

Is a capacitor on the rx going to help here or is this a grounding issue? My servo just fails to respond for a second or so when I'm hammering forward to reverse or vice-versa. There is what looks like a glitch buster on the ESC but nothing RX side.

Ty@Tekin 10-28-2014 10:31 AM

Re: You guessed it, I'm glitching

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savagethrash (Post 4930340)
It's only under heavy load in my xr10 with m2. I am running a CC bec. I read about adding caps and running the ground wire to the receiver. I only have 3 wires on my servo two of which (red and black) run to the bec and the yellow runs to the rx. I think that means running a ground wire to the RX is out of the question. Would running the BEC through the rx be a better idea? I've seen so many posts with conflicting setups. Both sides seem to have people with and without issues.

Is a capacitor on the rx going to help here or is this a grounding issue? My servo just fails to respond for a second or so when I'm hammering forward to reverse or vice-versa. There is what looks like a glitch buster on the ESC but nothing RX side.

I think you can still run a ground to the RX, the signal wire should always have a ground associated with it.

Savagethrash 10-28-2014 02:05 PM

Tap into the black wire and run it to the RX as well as the BEC?

jaloos 10-28-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savagethrash (Post 4930511)
Tap into the black wire and run it to the RX as well as the BEC?

Yup.

A common ground does a system good.

Can be accomplished soooo easy with a servo y harness.

Cut the signal wire to the socket the bec is plugged into.
Cut the red/power wire off the plug going to the receiver.

What batteries and C rating are you running?
If the C rating isnt high enough when you punch it there may not be enough juice to supply the BEC and the servo enough power.

Savagethrash 10-28-2014 04:58 PM

Must be the C rate. I threw the truck on the bench and watched the light on the BEC and it would flick off momentarily when going forward to reverse. Old packs from previous owner are claimed at 50c (store branded packs) but they seem worse than my newer 20c turnigy packs.

I have some more batteries coming and I might have a 40c pack in that mix to test. Otherwise I will attribute it to a low cc rate.

What packs are commonly used by members on these forums? Also would installing a large capacitor help combat the issue?

jaloos 10-28-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savagethrash (Post 4930635)
Must be the C rate. I threw the truck on the bench and watched the light on the BEC and it would flick off momentarily when going forward to reverse. Old packs from previous owner are claimed at 50c (store branded packs) but they seem worse than my newer 20c turnigy packs.

I have some more batteries coming and I might have a 40c pack in that mix to test. Otherwise I will attribute it to a low cc rate.

What packs are commonly used by members on these forums? Also would installing a large capacitor help combat the issue?

Oh I would still run the common ground. Hasn't failed me yet.

40 or 50 c is the norm I believe.

The cap on the receiver may help some but for the most part is a band aid and not a cure.

Savagethrash 10-29-2014 08:19 AM

I was thinking of putting an additional cap on the lines to the BEC or getting really crafty and replacing the BEC cap with a larger one. I never lose the ability to control my throttle just the steering it seems. It's not a real fix but the problem isn't massive either it's just annoying. I'm not a competition guy so just minimizing the problem would be alright with me.