Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: You guessed it, I'm glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default You guessed it, I'm glitching

It's only under heavy load in my xr10 with m2. I am running a CC bec. I read about adding caps and running the ground wire to the receiver. I only have 3 wires on my servo two of which (red and black) run to the bec and the yellow runs to the rx. I think that means running a ground wire to the RX is out of the question. Would running the BEC through the rx be a better idea? I've seen so many posts with conflicting setups. Both sides seem to have people with and without issues.

Is a capacitor on the rx going to help here or is this a grounding issue? My servo just fails to respond for a second or so when I'm hammering forward to reverse or vice-versa. There is what looks like a glitch buster on the ESC but nothing RX side.
Savagethrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: You guessed it, I'm glitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagethrash View Post
It's only under heavy load in my xr10 with m2. I am running a CC bec. I read about adding caps and running the ground wire to the receiver. I only have 3 wires on my servo two of which (red and black) run to the bec and the yellow runs to the rx. I think that means running a ground wire to the RX is out of the question. Would running the BEC through the rx be a better idea? I've seen so many posts with conflicting setups. Both sides seem to have people with and without issues.

Is a capacitor on the rx going to help here or is this a grounding issue? My servo just fails to respond for a second or so when I'm hammering forward to reverse or vice-versa. There is what looks like a glitch buster on the ESC but nothing RX side.
I think you can still run a ground to the RX, the signal wire should always have a ground associated with it.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Tap into the black wire and run it to the RX as well as the BEC?
Old 10-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Tap into the black wire and run it to the RX as well as the BEC?
Yup.

A common ground does a system good.

Can be accomplished soooo easy with a servo y harness.

Cut the signal wire to the socket the bec is plugged into.
Cut the red/power wire off the plug going to the receiver.

What batteries and C rating are you running?
If the C rating isnt high enough when you punch it there may not be enough juice to supply the BEC and the servo enough power.

Last edited by jaloos; 10-28-2014 at 03:38 PM.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Must be the C rate. I threw the truck on the bench and watched the light on the BEC and it would flick off momentarily when going forward to reverse. Old packs from previous owner are claimed at 50c (store branded packs) but they seem worse than my newer 20c turnigy packs.

I have some more batteries coming and I might have a 40c pack in that mix to test. Otherwise I will attribute it to a low cc rate.

What packs are commonly used by members on these forums? Also would installing a large capacitor help combat the issue?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Must be the C rate. I threw the truck on the bench and watched the light on the BEC and it would flick off momentarily when going forward to reverse. Old packs from previous owner are claimed at 50c (store branded packs) but they seem worse than my newer 20c turnigy packs.

I have some more batteries coming and I might have a 40c pack in that mix to test. Otherwise I will attribute it to a low cc rate.

What packs are commonly used by members on these forums? Also would installing a large capacitor help combat the issue?

Oh I would still run the common ground. Hasn't failed me yet.

40 or 50 c is the norm I believe.

The cap on the receiver may help some but for the most part is a band aid and not a cure.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I was thinking of putting an additional cap on the lines to the BEC or getting really crafty and replacing the BEC cap with a larger one. I never lose the ability to control my throttle just the steering it seems. It's not a real fix but the problem isn't massive either it's just annoying. I'm not a competition guy so just minimizing the problem would be alright with me.

You guessed it, I'm glitching - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glitching crawladan Electronics 0 04-24-2009 06:00 PM
Glitching Rooney7783 Electronics 2 07-23-2008 11:30 AM
glitching kingbasher Newbie General 8 07-17-2008 10:44 PM
Glitching Trimmy Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 01-21-2008 09:55 AM
Yup, you've guessed it... 4link4eva Tamiya Clod Buster 34 11-14-2006 12:00 PM