Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX3C vs DX4C

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default DX3C vs DX4C

I did a thorough search on the DX4C but still have a question/opinion request. Since the DX4C is fairly new, finding a comparison to the DX3C is almost non existant or rather hard to find. I currently have a DX3C running 1 basher and 1 SCX10. I like the DX3C but i just picked up a wraith with a brand new DX4C. In the near future i would like to run a winch and lights on the SCX10 but not the basher. Should i sell the DX3C and keep the DX4C? Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.
Mike
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: DX3C vs DX4C

the dx4c has issues at the moment, i have had one for the last couple of months and it has taken about 4 weeks for spektrum/horizon to get back to me and acknowledge the fault exists.

i keep having issues with aux switch assignments suddenly not saving on power down and have to copy over an unused empty model memory to the one i was using to get it to take and save the switch assignment, question now is how long before they release a firmware update for it.

apparently they are working on it so hopefully it gets fixed soon, but other than that i do like the radio when it works, the extra aux channel and more settings to play with are an improvement from using a dx3e, if you have not had the switch issue yet then keep it and enjoy the extra channel plus the option for using AVC if you have a go fast rc lol.

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Tony_g
Thanks for the reply. Right now the only difference I see besides the extra channel is that it does not have a back lite screen. I don't program in the dark so that shouldn't be an issue. It does seem lighter in hand as well and of course the antenna.

I turn off my traction controll in my SVT so I would never use the AVC on an RC.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

backlight would be nice but then we would only get that buy shelling out for the dx4s or dx4r, for me the avc is good if i decide to get something to go fast lol, i had a play with it in a friends slash on 3s, it makes a big difference, i gave it WOT down about 400ft of back bumpy alley and it stayed straight and true pretty much the whole way down regardless of the bumps and potholes i hit on the way.

its a good radio to keep hold of if you ever do end up wanting to use that function just keep an eye out for that aux switch assignment glitch, it can cause some major swearing when it hits lol but it is easy to fix temporarily until a firmware update is released just more annoying when you have to do it several times

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

from what I hear the dx4s is much better then the older spektrums but still not as good as the futaba.
mike_like is offline   Reply With Quote