RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Team Associated's ESS-One Engine Sound System (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/516083-team-associateds-ess-one-engine-sound-system.html)

JatoTheRipper 11-21-2014 05:11 PM

Team Associated's ESS-One Engine Sound System

The Traxxas system is cool, but this blows it out of the water. 25 different sounds! Watch the video.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...0/29260_md.jpg

Detailed Part Description:
Plug and Play Audio device
Universal fit
USB updatability
25 different engine sounds to choose from
20+ auxiliary sounds to choose from, such as horns, sirens, and turbo
Speaker unit size: 3.9"L x 1.88"W x 1.35"H
Speaker unit weight: 90.2g (3.18oz.)
MSRP: $99.99

NEW! LED Light Kits and Sound System: Team Associated - Champions By Design - Nitro and Electric RC Cars

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaTvEG6hjsc

crawler carrot 11-22-2014 03:38 PM

Re: Team Associated's ESS-One Engine Sound System

just waiting for someone to use it on a crawler then im gonna grab myself one!

Hpi-guy 11-23-2014 11:08 AM

Traxxas' system looks completely pathetic compared to this! Its programmable from the computer, and has 25 different sounds, but the price had better be right and not completely ridiculous. As cool as it is I am not going to pay more for a sound system than my actual vehicle is worth.
I need this for my Redcat! This would be sick in a drifter if they have a spit six engine sound.

fr8cture 11-23-2014 11:49 AM

the sound unit is too big imo.

scalecrawlin 12-03-2014 08:07 PM

Here it is on my Ascender. The sound I have on it sounds like a V8 with a high lift cam with Flowmaster exhaust when it starts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4nG...IWjxcmut9446Dw

sdmf 12-03-2014 08:19 PM

Seems pretty cool, but I would have liked to hear if that was a shift point. Does it do any offbeat sounds like diesel or 4 bangers? RX7 rotary? Ha I wish.

fr8cture 12-03-2014 08:20 PM

Pretty cool. Sounds good until you get into the high rpms then it sounds too powerful.

scalecrawlin 12-04-2014 09:15 PM

Thanks guys! Yes, it does have a shift point high in the rpm band and that is really the only thing that I don't like about it, but it isn't too bad.

Also, it has 25 sounds available now, unfortunately no diesel... Lots of 4 banger sounds and sounds for drift cars. I am using the stadium truck sound on mine in the video. It has a crawler model also, but it sounds like a monster truck running over cars or something, very powerful sounding, and very annoying to me. If you are looking for a diesel sound the best one I have seen (actually I have it too) is the Alan Bond sound module from technobots. It is bad a$$! I had it on the Ascender until I got the ESS-ONE.

Theibault 12-05-2014 08:43 PM

I did a review on this unit. I'm just starting to play around with it but it is a fun new toy to spice up my RCs with. You are right in that the offroad truck sound is not quite right for a scaler. Hopefully they will add some since you can download additional sounds from their app.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...em-review.html

captainmorgan 12-06-2014 06:11 AM

That is cool but seems a bit large. I don't know that I would have room on my scx10 for it.

Theibault 12-06-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainmorgan (Post 4961115)
That is cool but seems a bit large. I don't know that I would have room on my scx10 for it.

It's not too bad. As long as you aren't worried about weight distribution too much, it fits just fine on the back. Again, this is for fun, it's not like I'd run this in a comp lol.

billy bones 12-06-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theibault (Post 4961162)
It's not too bad. As long as you aren't worried about weight distribution too much, it fits just fine on the back. Again, this is for fun, it's not like I'd run this in a comp lol.

I agree, in fact imo its more for youngsters.
If I really want to hear real sound I'll go fire up the 1:1 7 second rig in the garage.

sdmf 12-06-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy bones (Post 4961171)
I agree, in fact imo its more for youngsters.
If I really want to hear real sound I'll go fire up the 1:1 7 second rig in the garage.

An issue with your statement, is that a lot of people can't be financially secure with a dedicated street/strip car. Especially if you're true to your word at 7seconds. Even something beyond a daily driver, like my motorcycle isn't feasible for a lot of people. So while its cool for you to have all the toys, some people may just want some noise from their electric rc, without the hassle and cost of fueled rc.

Dad,Canyoufix? 12-06-2014 02:18 PM

I wonder what it would be like with the sound directed into a piece of tubing used as an exhaust pipe.

scalecrawlin 12-08-2014 06:09 PM

The Sense company (the manufacture of it for Team Associated) has updated their software and you can now turn on or off shift points and also have a delayed response on the engine sound. Much better for crawlers. Now when you drive with it very slow the engine sound is more crawler like, versus the way it used to be at 1/4 throttle it sounded like it was running about 80 mph. Much better. You can also turn off turbo mode which was pretty annoying for a crawler.

The Violator 12-08-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy bones (Post 4961171)

pics with time slips or I call you full of shit.

Meatwad 12-08-2014 09:46 PM

Agreed, a 7sec 1/4 is a bold statement.

As for the sound module, I've been wanting a horn for awhile while waiting in line. Cool stuff but a bit much for me to pay for just a horn. Not too interested in much else.

BJoe 12-08-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmf (Post 4961216)
An issue with your statement, is that a lot of people can't be financially secure with a dedicated street/strip car. Especially if you're true to your word at 7seconds. Even something beyond a daily driver, like my motorcycle isn't feasible for a lot of people. So while its cool for you to have all the toys, some people may just want some noise from their electric rc, without the hassle and cost of fueled rc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Violator (Post 4964052)
pics with time slips or I call you full of shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatwad (Post 4964115)
Agreed, a 7sec 1/4 is a bold statement.

As for the sound module, I've been wanting a horn for awhile while waiting in line. Cool stuff but a bit much for me to pay for just a horn. Not too interested in much else.

Probably runs that in the 1/8th mile"thumbsup"

stryker48 04-14-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4950703)
the sound unit is too big imo.

Too big? This is as small (all in one plug & play unit) as you are going to get, especially if you looking to get any decent sound & volume out of it.
Sure!, they 'could' probably make it a little smaller. however the quality of sound will definitely be affected.... for the worse!

This unit is small enough to fit into most 1/10 scale and above, although 1/10 buggies (not a concern here) might be a problem. Fit's easily into my 1/8 buggy with space to spare in case you are interested.

Crawlers and trucks definitely WON'T be a problem for this unit to fit into with ease. "thumbsup"

While smaller units are available, you won't get as good a quality sound or volume output.
Same as larger units like the Gorillabox, will have better quality sound and much higher volume output than the ESS-ONE.

Size DOES matter! :)

stryker48 04-14-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmf (Post 4959272)
Seems pretty cool, but I would have liked to hear if that was a shift point. Does it do any offbeat sounds like diesel or 4 bangers? RX7 rotary? Ha I wish.

Yes it does :)