Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mmp question and cc bec question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014, 04:18 AM   #1

Default Mmp question and cc bec question.

First off my sensor wire broke while running. I keep trying to run it (didn't know at the time) will that burn up a mmp? Next I changed out the esc now my bec is back feeding when esc starts up. Bec is wired strait to the servo same as I run all my stuff. Just curious. I know I gotta have a new esc but the bec don't really know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
mrG
RCC Addict

Default Re: Mmp question and cc bec question.

Isolate your bec and put a volt meter on it to make sure its good. Also return the negative wire to the rx.
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchapman View Post
First off my sensor wire broke while running. I keep trying to run it (didn't know at the time) will that burn up a mmp? Next I changed out the esc now my bec is back feeding when esc starts up. Bec is wired strait to the servo same as I run all my stuff. Just curious. I know I gotta have a new esc but the bec don't really know.

Broken sensor wire will not just burn up MMP. It will just make it run like crap....... Unless something else was going on like wires arcing or what not. Also not sure what you are stating by the bec is back feeding the esc...... Becd should be hooked to esc battery leads..... How it would be back feeding from the servo into battery leads wouldn't make any sense. Let's see your lay out and what exactly it is or is not doing.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Broken sensor wire will not just burn up MMP. It will just make it run like crap....... Unless something else was going on like wires arcing or what not. Also not sure what you are stating by the bec is back feeding the esc...... Becd should be hooked to esc battery leads..... How it would be back feeding from the servo into battery leads wouldn't make any sense. Let's see your lay out and what exactly it is or is not doing.

Bec is gets its power off esc batt leads then nothing but the signal wire to rx from servo. Then bec Is hooked to hot and ground of servo. By back feeding when you turn the car on the servo would jump with the beeps of the mmp. I've got the same set up on all my rigs with no probs. I think moisture was the problem. With saying that was running in wet grass. Which I've done several times with others. It's on a yeti and I had the bec in box to right of the motor. (It lets a lot of water in) LOL.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yea sounds as if you have water issues with the esc that's causing quite a bit of problems. I would pull and seperate all components and start from checking each one. Broken sensor wouldn't be the cause..... But water into the esc would be.... Also should have been added into origional post.

Bec is pretty simple unit as where it either works or it does not. It's just a basic adjustable voltage regulator so to speak. With that said I would see if putting the esc in a bowl of rice or dis assembling it and drying out fixxes its issue.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Yea sounds as if you have water issues with the esc that's causing quite a bit of problems. I would pull and seperate all components and start from checking each one. Broken sensor wouldn't be the cause..... But water into the esc would be.... Also should have been added into origional post.

Bec is pretty simple unit as where it either works or it does not. It's just a basic adjustable voltage regulator so to speak. With that said I would see if putting the esc in a bowl of rice or dis assembling it and drying out fixxes its issue.

Yes I should have mentioned it in the first post. Everything is installed and back working properly. Thanks for the responses. Kinda bitter sweet I wanted rx8 but didn't want to (have) to buy one!!

Old 12-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Yep, watter will make electronics do silly things. Time to set up system to be water proofed and move forward.

Mmp question and cc bec question. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
got a MMP question kgb424 Electronics 4 10-16-2014 09:15 AM
MMP Question Jake Ewing Electronics 4 12-04-2013 04:53 PM
MMp question mark32 Electronics 4 05-29-2013 05:20 PM
MMP question?? hatefulboy Electronics 9 09-16-2012 11:48 PM
MMP question? dAng! XJ Axial Wraith 3 11-17-2011 08:45 AM