RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   RS Pro problem - possibly auto-resetting (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/523922-rs-pro-problem-possibly-auto-resetting.html)

savagedustbunny 01-27-2015 03:04 PM

RS Pro problem - possibly auto-resetting

Hi folks

Bought a used ESC. Tested it only with the Hotwire, it appeared to work. It's a GEN1 RS Pro.

Linked it to a brushed motor, 2S and BEC/receiver.

After programming it via both a PC and Android, many times - it keeps going back to a brushless motor type when I re-hook it back to the motor. When I power it up, it blinks LED1-2 & 6-7 meaning the wrong motor type. I can't change MT thru pit tuning nor thru the Hotwire. Hell, at the moment I can't even access pit tuning.

Only after searching in here did I read that the capacitor is a must. It didn't come with a cap and the previous owner used it in his touring car with no issues.

I also plastidipped the bugger before the motor hookup so have no chance to go back to the guy. All wires are properly soldered to the correct posts.

Anyone have an idea of what a solution may be? Apart from throwing it out... :roll:

3sgte 01-27-2015 07:11 PM

Re: RS Pro problem - possibly auto-resetting

I would reach out the tekin support. they are great and can help steer you in the right direction

savagedustbunny 02-05-2015 02:50 AM

Re: RS Pro problem - possibly auto-resetting

Well, it appears I found a solution :mrgreen:

This is for anyone else who may be experiencing the same issue as I did. It is not a perfect solution as it appears I cannot use the Hotwire without risking re-doing everything again.

Here's what I did:

I connected the Hotwire and as per previous attempts, no-can-do!

I then printed out the 2 page manual and meticulously proceeded to go through each connection/calibration step. It worked!

Only connect the ESC to the receiver and battery.
Switch on the transmitter
Switch on the ESC
Calibrate the transmitter with the ESC
Change ESC settings using Mode and Inc buttons - yes, changing the motor type was a breeze :)
Turn off the ESC
Connect the motor
Reconnect the rest and switch everything on
Test - voila, motor runs just right

Only negative is that I won't be able to fine tune the ESC to my preference using the Hotwire. I guess I'll be ok with that since I'm not a pro driver.

And finally, a huge thanks to Tekin for giving me their time and showing their patience!! "thumbsup" "thumbsup" "thumbsup"

Ps. they are NOT happy about us plastidipping their masterpieces :twisted: I fully understand, but perhaps the good folks over there will see it as another reason to create some wicked WP electronics "thumbsup" "thumbsup"