Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Thoughts on Charger and Lipo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Thoughts on Charger and Lipo's

Hello againl. I wanted to get some updated info on lipo's and chargers. I have had a CallPro 10s for many years. It has been a great charger. I now need to be able to charge more than just two batteries at a time. I was thinking about getting another cellpro 10s but they do not make them anymore. Now they have the cellpro 10xp. I have a Trackpower gold lipo from about 10 years ago and still using it today. To me that says something about a charger. However I have not heard much about the cellpro 10xp so I am not sure if it is as good. Would like some info on what chargers yall are using today. I found a bunch of threads about chargers but they were from 2010 and 2011. What's your opinions on what the best charger is for lipo's. Would like to keep it under 250.00 and be able to charge 2 packs at a time. Also ability to hook the charger to a computer to make adjustments is a plus.

So on to lipo's whats your opinions? My trackpower 7.4 lipo's from long ago were great. Are they still good batteries today? I was also looking at some batteries from Revoletrix that say can be charged at 4.35 per cell? Not sure what the advantage is in that, anyone know? Some of my friends have Venom batteries but I have heard good and bad about them, but they are Traxxas bashers not crawlers. I do not mind spending a bit of money for a good long lasting battery, and defiantly not looking for the cheap way out. Ask me anything else if you need more info. Thanks again for your help and opinions.

Last edited by Joshwaa; 03-21-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Joshwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Thoughts on Charger and Lipo's

If you are charging the same cell count at same voltages you can get something like this

2S 6S LiPo Parallel Balance Charge Plate T Plug for IMAX B6 B6AC Charger | eBay

By connecting multiple batteries in parallel you create "one battery". So two 2S1P batteries becomes 2S2P. S is series and P is parallel.

About LiPos in general please read my post

What battery are you using for your scx10?

Hope that helps!
infodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshwaa View Post
Hello againl. I wanted to get some updated info on lipo's and chargers. I have had a CallPro 10s for many years. It has been a great charger. I now need to be able to charge more than just two batteries at a time. I was thinking about getting another cellpro 10s but they do not make them anymore. Now they have the cellpro 10xp. I have a Trackpower gold lipo from about 10 years ago and still using it today. To me that says something about a charger. However I have not heard much about the cellpro 10xp so I am not sure if it is as good. Would like some info on what chargers yall are using today. I found a bunch of threads about chargers but they were from 2010 and 2011. What's your opinions on what the best charger is for lipo's. Would like to keep it under 250.00 and be able to charge 2 packs at a time. Also ability to hook the charger to a computer to make adjustments is a plus.

So on to lipo's whats your opinions? My trackpower 7.4 lipo's from long ago were great. Are they still good batteries today? I was also looking at some batteries from Revoletrix that say can be charged at 4.35 per cell? Not sure what the advantage is in that, anyone know? Some of my friends have Venom batteries but I have heard good and bad about them, but they are Traxxas bashers not crawlers. I do not mind spending a bit of money for a good long lasting battery, and defiantly not looking for the cheap way out. Ask me anything else if you need more info. Thanks again for your help and opinions.
For batteries revolectix is really good. Smc and promatch are the two vendors that seems to remain relevent.
South side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thank you for you input. Good to hear about the Revolectrix lipo's. Has anyone used their Blend435 lipos? Also I am looking at the PL8 v2 and the CellPro 10xp for charging only 2s and 3s packs is there much of a difference between them?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Ordered 2 of the Revo batteries today. Still on the fence about the charger though.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Went ahead and ordered the cellpro 10xp. Seemed like the thing to do. Already had the 10s and it was great and the adapter boards can be shared between them. However if I had to charge anything over a 4s I would have gone for the Powerlab 8 V2.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have been using SPC since I made the jump to lipo over a couple years ago and can't say enough about how good they have been to me. I have over 12 now some over 2 years old.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lipo, lipo charger

Thoughts on Charger and Lipo's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About to buy lipo's and a lipo charger but need help Gula Electronics 6 12-12-2010 09:57 PM
Need some thoughts on a new dual charger BJoe Electronics 0 06-20-2008 09:37 AM