Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I've got a problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default I've got a problem

with the newest Version of the Castle link software, it does not detect the Usb Castle link, and does not detech the ESC and goes it the trouble shooting and tells you if you removed the red for a external BEC, it needs to be put back in or separate power. and you need pick the ESC type from there choices, I'm not using a external BEC,

I formatted my Hard drive a few months back and I did not save the old castle link software, the old software worked every time with no problems for me, cause before as soon as you plugged in the castle link the software automatically open and showed the USB connection and as soon as you plugged in the ESC it would automatically would open to the power, brake, brushed or non brushed screen where you could change the drag brake, and ETC, and show esc connected

not with the new software its always in demo mode and will not detect the castle link or the esc and if you exit demo mode it automatic open the trouble shooting screen its just keeps looping

and I can not find any older versions online and I running Widows 8.1 with all the updates

so I'm thinking it the Castle link software that is problem and can not find older version that works

how do you make the castle link work

Last edited by kgb424; 04-04-2015 at 01:33 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: I've got a problem

Have you checked Castles site?
They have a trouble shooting section under downloads.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

nothing in the troubleshooting like I said it open up in demo mode and right into trouble shooting mode, and if you exit demo it loops right back to demo mode and the trouble shooting screen

I have re-installed it twice and the same shit

it not working

the older version did work in windows 8.1 and as soon you plug in the Castle Link, the software opened and detected the link and the device and opened to the adjustment screen, then you set drag brake, ETC, ETC, ETC and save your new settings,

the newest version is not working at all, it won't read the setting or let save setting or return settings to default, I can't do shit its locked in demo mode and keeps showing the trouble shooting screen

Last edited by kgb424; 04-04-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm using Win 8.1 and the latest version of Castle software with no issues?
I believe there are older versions on there site that you can still download though.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Demo mode? I don't remember seeing that. I'm running v3.57.24 on 8.1Pro. If the Link isn't plugged in, the main screen will look like this when first opened....

Then change to this if the Link isn't detected...

Even without opening the software, does the computer recognize (make the connected sound) the Castle Link when it's plugged in? Does the red light come on, on the Link itself? Do you have other USB devices that work? When you reset your computer a few months ago, did you (have to) install OEM chipset drivers? Do you have another minu-USB cable to test, or another device that uses mini-USB?

Last edited by Jeckler; 04-04-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

yep that's what it was doing, I changed out the little USB cable that goes from my desktop to the Castle Link and it now detects the link and detects the ESC and the software opens up to the adjustment window to set your Drag Brake and the other setting and update my changes, it was the USB cable I was using its bad, it works now

Last edited by kgb424; 04-04-2015 at 03:50 PM.

I've got a problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with Tekin RS system in my LCC, will a BEC fix my problem? rcboy514 Electronics 3 01-12-2012 05:55 PM
Tekin Problem or Radio Problem? Harvo Electronics 8 07-30-2010 06:02 AM
Little bit of a problem, Possibly big problem... C_Money Electronics 11 03-08-2010 05:49 PM
Charger problem or power problem? Rockfrog Electronics 4 10-09-2009 01:10 PM
* Problem * Clicking Problem on my 1/18th clodman General Crawlers 6 04-08-2006 08:40 AM