Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Imax B6 help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 02:54 AM   #1

Default Imax B6 help

So i just got a imax b6 charger and a 3000mah 3s lipo. It is my first time using lipo and this charger.

When i charge it displays the amount of mah put into the battery. If the charging is stopped and the battery isnt fully charged, then put back on the charge will the charger know when the battery is full?

Under user set program the input power low is only going to 11v not 11.1v. Is this wrong?

When i was getting near the end of ballance mode it showed me that it was at 0.2a when i set it to 3a at the start of the charge. Whats happening here?

The discharging mode is showing me the option of 9v for 3s. Why isnt it 11.1v and what should i set my amps to if i want to discharge?

Any help or answers are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
axialspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2016, 07:22 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Imax B6 help

Ok, so first off don't pay attention to the mah numbers. They only tell you how much has been added that charge cycle. The charger has a setting that will stop charging once a certain mah is reached for safety purposes. I suggest changing that setting to something higher than the largest capacity battery you have. Next, Input power low cutoff has to do with the power supplied to the charger. If the power supply to the charger drops below 11.00v then it will stop charging. Next, In balance mode the charger will fast charge until it sees 4.20 volts on one of the cells. Then it will drop current and slowly charge and discharge the individual cells through the balance plug, until they all reach 4.20v or the timer runs out. Next, You don't want to discharge your 3s lipo below 9 volts. Lipo batteries will be ruined if they are discharged below 3v per cell. So 3v x 3cells = 9v. Set the discharge amp at whatever you want it wont hurt it. BTW I don't recommend discharging the battery. Storage voltage is 3.8v per cell. I think that just about covers it. I also recommend calibrating the charger as they are know to be a little off. There are videos on how to do this on youtube. You will need a good quality volt meter for this.
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Imax B6 help

You can change the setting on the Imax. hit the enter key with a quick touch and the cursor moves to each setting, then use the arrow keys to change.

If you are running the charger on 12V DC, then the warning means the input voltage is too low. 24V DC is a better input. It is di9ificult to charge a 3s beattery and impossible to charge a 4S battery with 12V DC input.

There are timing settings and MAH max settings. If you set the max mah for 3000 mah, then the unit will stop charging at that point.

Not sure what version Imax you have, so I can't be more specific. I have the V2 with AC input, so I have some flexibility. The V2 has a USB input and you can hook it up to a computer. Allows for easier programming and setting up resets for different size/capacity batteries.

It's a nice little unit.

Also, using high discharge rates does cause the unbit to heat up. I stick to 1 amp max, just to keep temps down. Unless there is a reason to hurry, I can wait for slow balance charges and slow discharges.
Chumley54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Imax B6 help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imax B6-ac Hounddad Electronics 1 02-10-2012 01:53 PM
IMAX B6 Charger Kanine38 Electronics 18 07-12-2010 10:59 AM
??* Imax B6 help needed *?? 73formulabird Electronics 3 03-27-2010 01:05 AM
??* Imax B6 question *?? 73formulabird Electronics 4 03-25-2010 08:11 PM
Power supply for imax b6 mindless Electronics 9 11-14-2009 10:58 AM