Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ESC Profiles and Tx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 01:57 AM   #1

Default ESC Profiles and Tx

I've had this curiosity scratching at the back of my head, so I've given in and decided to ask. Ish.

Here's the thing. I want an ESC that lets me maintain multiple profiles, so that, at the push of a button, I can switch from a high-speed mode with minimal drag brake, to a low-speed mode with high drag. I know that this part exists, in theory, as I've seen them around the web. Team Novak makes the Crusher, which can hold like 4 profiles, and I think Traxxas has a some ESCs that have profiles built in as well.

However, I want to be able to switch these profiles from my controller. Has this been done before? Is it even plausible? My brain tells me it should be. SkyRC has an ESC that lets you switch profiles with a smart phone, so I don't see the transmitter being much of a stretch.

Thanks in advance.
MrFoxwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ESC Profiles and Tx

The only ESCs that I know are adjustable via the radio are the Airtronics Super Vortex Zero and a few of the Graupner ESCs but to use those functions you need an Airtronics M12 or MT4S for their ESC or a Graupner X8 radio for their ESC. Even these speed controllers only allow you to adjust certain parameters from the radio not change profiles.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: ESC Profiles and Tx

My traxxas xo1 is able to adjust throttle, brake, turning, from a smart phone. It also has a real time motor temp display, motor rpm display (with max rpm hold), & speed display (with max speed hold). Theres no drag brake though.
crawlerwon is offline   Reply With Quote

ESC Profiles and Tx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tekin FXR adjustable Throttle profiles elliot330 Electronics 16 06-26-2015 12:06 PM
Chainring profiles and diameters JohnRobHolmes Tools, and Procedures 10 09-27-2009 10:32 AM
HELP! Changing Profiles on Novak Rooster crawler edition! Toycrawler5481 Electronics 8 06-12-2009 01:08 AM
Help on Novak Rooster Crawler Profiles andreazinno Electronics 7 10-05-2007 03:00 PM