Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #161

Default Re: ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79

I have the 420 Oz on order. It should be here by Friday and I m stuffing it into a Yeti. One big thing that sold me is I sent an Email Friday night asking about the dimensions and I received a reply from Mr Beech himself by Saturday morning. That alone says a lot to me.
In my web wanderings it is pretty consistent that their customer service is second to none and I have only read a VERY few reports of bad servos(which was promptly dealt with by Mr Beech/pro modeler) If the thing works half as good as all I have read I'll be a happy camper.
m35oldgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Do you have a link....ive been shopping around for a mega torque servo im prolly go na need for an 8x8 im building
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
Do you have a link....ive been shopping around for a mega torque servo im prolly go na need for an 8x8 im building
#160, two posts up.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:07 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

These must have come down in price...I could have sworn they were $100.00.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:08 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Random update. I've been abusing my Gen2 420oz/inch in a Bomber in general U4 style mayhem for at least ten hours now. The output shaft has gotten a little slop in the gears, but the bearings are still tight and it runs cool and quiet.

I've run it in the snow and through puddles, but I'm not brave enough to submarine it.

I'm impressed enough that next time I need a servo I'll try a Gen 3.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #166
RCC Addict

I was just about to order a Savox 1230sg until somebody bumped this thread. I went ahead and ordered the V3 to put on my almost completely stock wraith... any wagers on how fast the rest of the steering components are going to fail? I'm an "upgrade as it breaks" kind of guy, so this ought to speed that process along.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:28 PM   #167

Servos:
That link should go right to Pro modelers servos.
Just received mine today and slapped it in the yeti. had to do some dirty dremel work to make it fit but the thing is fast powerful and quiet!
ran it pretty good on 3s going through a castle creations bec set at 6.2 volts and barely got warm.
Next thing is to get some aluminum servo mounts ands spacers with slightly longer screws to mount it up better.
Oh, and move the bec AWAY from the receiver.
m35oldgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #168
RCC Addict

I received my servo 3 days after ordering, not bad for coast to coast. When I opened the box I found a "gift" inside which my wife asked if she could have...

...they've got it figured out, I give the $.05 candy to the wife and keep the $90 part for myself, genius!!!

The servo is a few MM's taller than the stock tsx45 so I just cut out the lower crossmember of the front bumper and all is well. This car doesn't have an external BEC yet so I'll have to wait to see what it can really do... even running off the internal BEC (5v?) I can see that my tie rod and drag link have a very short life ahead of them.

TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #169
RCC Addict

good wife, a little attention goes a long way. she is a keeper

just think what a box of chocolates will do for you,
when shopping for chocolates for the wife, the fancier the wrapping the better the chocolate.

don't forget that dogs should not eat chocolate so no goodies for the b*tch.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Just in case it helps anyone make a decision, these look like they are the real deal as far as a powerful, affordable brushless servo....
A reviewer on flying giants posted testing over 60 of these at work on a torque scale and every single one pulled over 420 oz/in at 1" arm length.

FlyingGiants - View Single Post - ProModeler 420oz servos
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

How are these servos holding up?

Sent from a device in my hand that is smarter than me, and I don't know WTF I'm doing.
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #172
Rock Crawler

Yesterday, my 6 year old jumped my bomber full speed (has HHPP 3500kv) into a tree that ripped off the steering linkage from the servo horn and c-hub (left the rod end balls in place).....still works well.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #173
Rock Crawler

Sounds durable

Sent from a device in my hand that is smarter than me, and I don't know WTF I'm doing.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

I had a downright fugly tumble last week as I was trying my hardest to break the front driveshafts I've been testing on my IFS Bomber for DLux. Doing some sweet 4s drifting in an open field when all of a sudden, going full tilt, she caught an edge and all forward motion was transferred to an almost 4 foot high cartwheel that ended in a truly cringeworthy face plant. I could've swore I heard something snap. I slowly walked over to assess the carnage and my heart sank the moment I tried to cycle the steering. All left, no right. It seemed like it wanted to steer to the right but something was binding or maybe the gears had stripped and then I saw it. The 3mm screw had completely sheared off on the steering rack and bellcrank. This was a stainless screw too. My friend had a spare so I threw it in and she was right as rain. Drove the rest of the day with zero issues. I'm truly astounded at the durability of this entire truck but this servo has really proven itself time and again. This is actually the second truck it's been in and it's still just as strong and whisper quiet as the very first run. I really need to get another one of these just to have around for the next build or whatever.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #175
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
I had a downright fugly tumble last week as I was trying my hardest to break the front driveshafts I've been testing on my IFS Bomber for DLux. Doing some sweet 4s drifting in an open field when all of a sudden, going full tilt, she caught an edge and all forward motion was transferred to an almost 4 foot high cartwheel that ended in a truly cringeworthy face plant. I could've swore I heard something snap. I slowly walked over to assess the carnage and my heart sank the moment I tried to cycle the steering. All left, no right. It seemed like it wanted to steer to the right but something was binding or maybe the gears had stripped and then I saw it. The 3mm screw had completely sheared off on the steering rack and bellcrank. This was a stainless screw too. My friend had a spare so I threw it in and she was right as rain. Drove the rest of the day with zero issues. I'm truly astounded at the durability of this entire truck but this servo has really proven itself time and again. This is actually the second truck it's been in and it's still just as strong and whisper quiet as the very first run. I really need to get another one of these just to have around for the next build or whatever.
Did this servo get brought up in the "I keep breaking servos thread"? Seems this servo is unbreakable!

Old 08-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

It was mentioned. I just ordered a V4 for a new build. Right now this servo is easily the best bang for the buck and ordering another was a no brainer.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #177
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
It was mentioned. I just ordered a V4 for a new build. Right now this servo is easily the best bang for the buck and ordering another was a no brainer.
Don't you mean V3? If there's a V4 I want to see it!!
Old 08-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
Don't you mean V3? If there's a V4 I want to see it!!
Promodeler V3, nope V4
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Very cool. Nice to see that they keep improving what is already an awesome servo, while sticking at the same price point!!
Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #180
I wanna be Dave

I sent an email with a few dumb questions, they were answered quickly and correctly in hours not days. They are in stock, and as I'm near him, I might go and pick one up... Great vendor!
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote

ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Billet Motorola Droid Razr Case JFAB Vendors Miscellaneous 2 01-14-2013 08:24 PM
Angry Apple Ipod billet case motoworx Vendors Miscellaneous 31 08-15-2012 06:12 PM
metal gears , billet case , coreless motor servo CHEAP BL-4x4 Electronics 2 01-04-2012 09:21 PM