Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axial Throttle/Brake/Reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #1

Default Axial Throttle/Brake/Reverse

Just bought an Axial SCX10 [Wrangler Unlimited CCR]. Throttle and reverse work, but it goes directly to reverse when trigger if moved forward - not directly to brake, return to neutral, and then forward for reverse as normal. I have recalibrated the transmitter with the ESC per the manual [throttle back, turn ESC on, beeps, etc]. Still goes directly to reverse when trigger goes forward.

I went online and got the info from Axial regarding manually programming the ESC without the Castle Link. The Brake/Reverse Type talks about reverse lock [this kicks in only after the ESC senses two seconds of neutral throttle - not my problem]; Forward/Brake Only [not my problem]; or Forward/Brake/Reverse (Default) [this is what I want but the current behavior is none of the above].

Has anybody had this problem and, more importantly, does anybody have a solution?

Thanks for the wisdom and any help.

Mike
FVIcySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #2

Default Re: Axial Throttle/Brake/Reverse

are you trying to setup your tx/rx combo or have you baught the RTR kit? sounds like you'll have to go through the programing sequence you mentioned again to reset to forward/brake/reverse.

the only other thing I can think of is to not hold your throttle in when you power on the RX. you might be tricking the RX into thinking the neutral position at the wrong spot of the throw.

Once I made the mistake of powering on the RX when my throttle was being pulled. the truck made a few new beeps but I didn't think anything of it but when I would drive the truck up to inspect it, after a few seconds it would take off full throttle until I got ahold of the TX again and pushed the brakes on.

Last edited by BrandonM95; 12-14-2015 at 06:33 AM.
BrandonM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwnnw2ZH06w
Old 12-14-2015, 08:34 AM   #4

It is a RTR but I did have the ESC out to switch to Dean's plug ends. Thanks for the video link. I think I have doing that right, but won't be able to check until late tonight.

Mike
Old 12-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #5

Fairly deep in the Axial site I found some information to manually program the ESC without the Castle Link. It depends on hearing various beeps and "answering" yes or no by throttle input. I figured I had nothing to lose and gave it a shot. I am not really sure what I did, but it worked. I now have the correct throttle/brake/reverse sequence.

I really need to look into the Castle Link to get this done more certainly in the future.

Mike
Old 12-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #6

Congrats, I was hoping that it just needed some type of reset.

the castle links are nice but still a pain in the ass. I have a YETI XL and got tired of pulling the ESC and electronics box open to get to the proper wire end. SOO I bought the Y-link, hooked it up properly and the damn thing still doesn't work with my castle link. not sure whats going on but atleast my truck is setup how I like it.

Axial Throttle/Brake/Reverse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I reverse my throttle? Makron Electronics 3 04-23-2011 06:54 AM
70/30 Throttle/Reverse Ryan33 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 11-24-2008 06:22 PM
Throttle / Drag Brake / Brake Question phatchantz Newbie General 5 05-19-2008 11:57 AM
Throttle trim as a brake ksean6969 HPI Wheely King 3 09-07-2007 05:22 PM