RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   4 channel radio with momentary switch (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/559272-4-channel-radio-momentary-switch.html)

pfuture 03-12-2016 09:22 AM

4 channel radio with momentary switch

I've been trying for a while to find out which 4 channel radios let you use one switch in a momentary way. Seems like it would be much better for winching.

Anyone knows of a 4 channel radio with a momentary 3 position switch besides the Spektrum DX4S ?

I'd like to not go over 300$ but i can always wait and save for a more expensive radio.

Thanks a lot!

makya 03-12-2016 10:38 AM

Re: 4 channel radio with momentary switch

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfuture (Post 5464077)
I've been trying for a while to find out which 4 channel radios let you use one switch in a momentary way. Seems like it would be much better for winching.

Anyone knows of a 4 channel radio with a momentary 3 position switch besides the Spektrum DX4S ?

I'd like to not go over 300$ but i can always wait and save for a more expensive radio.

Thanks a lot!

wouldn't be very practical, imo.

If you had a 3rd or 4th channel setup for momentary, when you're reeling it in, if you don't pull it in far enough the first time, you have to cycle through the neutral/out functions to get back to the "in" cycle again.

It sounds like what you want is a directional 3 way switch with a momentary button in-line, or separate momentary in/out buttons, which would require 2 channels.

have you looked at losikids' gt3c hack? you could set up a momentary on/off/on 3way switch to do exactly what you want.

pfuture 03-12-2016 10:48 AM

I probably have not explained properly what i am seeking, english is not my native language.
What you mention is what i want. My current radio has a 3 position switch and when i engage the winch it keeps on going until i press the switch again in the opposite direction. This behavior is what i would want for a 3 speed transmission.
So what i want is what you mention. I will look into the gt3c hack. But i really want a 4 channel since i'll be using this radio on a Tamiya Bruiser as well as my other trucks.

Thanks a lot!

QuesoDelDiablo 03-12-2016 10:49 AM

The flysky gt3b or gt3c does that if you get the firmware update applied, is also gives extra channels (I have 6). Just had mine done for exactly that purpose-running a winch.

makya 03-12-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfuture (Post 5464111)
I probably have not explained properly what i am seeking, english is not my native language.
What you mention is what i want. My current radio has a 3 position switch and when i engage the winch it keeps on going until i press the switch again in the opposite direction. This behavior is what i would want for a 3 speed transmission.
So what i want is what you mention. I will look into the gt3c hack. But i really want a 4 channel since i'll be using this radio on a Tamiya Bruiser as well as my other trucks.

Thanks a lot!

Here's an example of what is possible with the gt3c hack, It takes a lot of work to go this far with it, but I think it's awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJc...ature=youtu.be

You can also buy it directly from overkil rc, setup to use all the different channels on the stock radio switches:
https://www.overkillrc.com/
he's out of stock right now, but if you have a little computer knowledge, you can buy the firmware hack kit from him, and modify your own flysky radio to get up to 8 channels, all programmable to any control you want.

Awesome-Sauce RC 03-12-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makya (Post 5464104)

If you had a 3rd or 4th channel setup for momentary, when you're reeling it in, if you don't pull it in far enough the first time, you have to cycle through the neutral/out functions to get back to the "in" cycle again.

It sounds like what you want is a directional 3 way switch with a momentary button in-line, or separate momentary in/out buttons, which would require 2 channels.

have you looked at losikids' gt3c hack? you could set up a momentary on/off/on 3way switch to do exactly what you want.

the op wants a 3 pos aux switch that will only output a signal other than centre as long as the switch is being held, as stated the dx4s has this option (3M momentary until switch released ) as well as (3P that holds its last commanded position until changed again)

3m type will be better for winch as it will stop spooling as soon as you let go of the switch and this is the type that i also recommend as the best option for my circuits but not all radios offer that choice, dx4c has at least on my radio only 3p type.

if the op is using a 3xx type aux then their is no need to cycle to get back to the direction needed as a 3 xx type aux gives you individual direction control.

tony

losikid 03-12-2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makya (Post 5464104)

This doesn't require two channels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfuture (Post 5464111)

Thanks a lot!

The GT3C with new firmware is good up to 8 channels and can do exactly what you want. There are (4) momentary 3 way switches on it that you can use.

D440 03-18-2017 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 5464461)
This doesn't require two channels.

The GT3C with new firmware is good up to 8 channels and can do exactly what you want. There are (4) momentary 3 way switches on it that you can use.

How you setup more than 3 channels on gt3c? I have hacked the radio already. 3rd channel works great for winch but I want to use 4rd channel to activate the horn on my ESS One+. Is that really possible? I haven't found a way of using the 4rd channel...

D440

magic_yeti 03-18-2017 02:13 AM

U have to Set the number of Channels u want to use in the model settings. It's described in the Firmware Manual. Select the model and then Press Enter Long in model to do the Setup.

sent by magic_yeti :)

D440 03-18-2017 09:10 AM

Oh, got it!! Thanks man!!

D440