Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PLS and Heyok light controller - Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Futaba 4PLS and Heyok light controller - Help!

I put a Heyok light controller in my rig. It's a simple on/off controller with an external power source (3S).
I have the light controller connected to a VP Rigid light bar. I have everything connected correctly. I've double and triple checked my connections.

I can't figure out how to get my 4PLS programmed on channel 3 to turn my lights on and off with the Heyok controller. I've been searching on the forum and Google searching it, but not having any luck. I've been playing with my 4PLS for the last hour, trying to figure it out.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! I had no problems getting a Heyok light controller to work on my MT4, but can't figure out the 4PLS! LOL!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Futaba 4PLS and Heyok light controller - Help!

I don't know if this will help but,

Go to page 65 and follow the instructions and pick the switch you want. Make sure you set the step to 100 or 200. I have a 4PL but I think they should work the same, works on mine.

I hope that helped.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You need to adjust the setting of your switch one, it is covered in the manual on page 65 and 66.

I run my heyok off of SW1, which is the small thumb button on the side of the grip.

from MENU 2 go to SW/DIAL

then scroll all the way down to SW1 and set it to CH3 and ALT (ALT will alternate leds on or off with each click)

and for what its worth i have SW2 set to CH4 which is running the heyok winch controller (SW2 is a 3 position switch)

hope that helps

Last edited by Cultus; 04-09-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Cultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
You need to adjust the setting of your switch one, it is covered in the manual on page 65 and 66.

I run my heyok off of SW1, which is the small thumb button on the side of the grip.

from MENU 2 go to SW/DIAL

then scroll all the way down to SW1 and set it to CH3 and ALT (ALT will alternate leds on or off with each click)

and for what its worth i have SW2 set to CH4 which is running the heyok winch controller (SW3 is a 3 position switch)

hope that helps

That is huge!! Thank you very much!!!

I did figure out part of my issue! My new 2" VP Rigid light bar has a loose connection inside the case.

I emailed Al (Heyok) and asked for his help. He told me to plug my light controller into channel 1 on my receiver and try it. I did that and got nothing!! So, I started step by step, eliminating the possible issue(s).
I disconnected the output wires on the light controller and threw the Fluke on it. Gettin 11.8 volts on the light controller!
Then I put 11.6 volts straight to the light bar, and got nothing. Started wiggling wires and the light bar came on! The bad connection is internal. You wiggle the wires right where they go into the light bar housing and they work!!
I'm gonna give VP a shout and see what they'll do.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I ordered a new VP 2" Rigid light bar. I wired everything back up and it works like a charm!
I have the light bar on channel 3, which is set to my SW1 switch!
Everything is working great now!!

I appreciate all of the input and help!! Thank you!!