Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: has anyone seen the new GT3C pre-hacked to 8ch on banggood?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default has anyone seen the new GT3C pre-hacked to 8ch on banggood?

Dasmikro Customized 6 Channel 8 Channel Flysky GT3C Transmitter Sale - Banggood.com

$82 for the 8ch and it has 3, 3position toggles and 3 potentiometers already installed and ready to go. they also sell a 4 channel and 6 channel DIY kit.

These are made by Sangyue here on rcc, and sold under the Dasmikro name brand on banggood. He's the same guy that made the Orladoo 1/35th scale truck.
I'm going to buy one Friday and see how I like it, I just haven't decided whether I can solder that small, or if I want to pay the extra $ to have it done
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

Default Re: has anyone seen the new GT3C pre-hacked to 8ch on banggood?

This looks interesting. Do you need to add the toggle switches in order to utilize the hacked firmware? I thought you can program the stock buttons like d/r and ch3 trim.
jbarcia99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I like the switch and pot inputs. What isn't said is if there is any programming. Does it do 4WS or dig? The software hack (Losikid Type) gives a lot of programming. I am using 6 channels with it already. What is actually missing is extra switches and/.or pots to increase the versatility.

A 6 or 8 channel transmitter without any channel programming is not as useful.

It may be there, but I guess someone will need to ask the vendor if there is any programmability to the channels.
Chumley54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #4
Got Worms?

That radio is a hardware only hack, those are exclusively channel control. No mixing, no key mapping, no extra software functionality.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
That radio is a hardware only hack, those are exclusively channel control. No mixing, no key mapping, no extra software functionality.
I have an old gt3b and I really like it. I've been looking to upgrade to a hacked gt3c. I read all about the crazy stuff your setup is capable of but I always come back to the same question. Can your hack turn say, one of the 2 way thumb buttons into a rear steer control with proportionate steering? Or can a dpdt toggle be installed to do that? I loved my old traxxas tq3 with a potentiometer in place of the 3rd channel toggle. I'd love to have that control in a modern radio.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:50 AM   #6
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I have an old gt3b and I really like it. I've been looking to upgrade to a hacked gt3c. I read all about the crazy stuff your setup is capable of but I always come back to the same question. Can your hack turn say, one of the 2 way thumb buttons into a rear steer control with proportionate steering? Or can a dpdt toggle be installed to do that? I loved my old traxxas tq3 with a potentiometer in place of the 3rd channel toggle. I'd love to have that control in a modern radio.
You can hack your gt3b...its the same firmware as the gt3c

Yes, you can turn one of the thumb rockers to control rear steer.

You could control rear steer easy.

Are you wanting to mix it to the steering wheel and be able to proportionate that?

Or Are you wanting independent control of the rear steer and but be able to choose smaller values than 100% throw.

Both is completely possible. Just the way I answer is slightly different.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You can hack your gt3b...its the same firmware as the gt3c

Yes, you can turn one of the thumb rockers to control rear steer.

You could control rear steer easy.

Are you wanting to mix it to the steering wheel and be able to proportionate that?

Or Are you wanting independent control of the rear steer and but be able to choose smaller values than 100% throw.

Both is completely possible. Just the way I answer is slightly different.

No mixing, completely independent of front steer. If thats possible then I'm happy and from the sounds of it, I'm happy.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

The firmware losi kid makes is incredible! It's perfect for 4ws, multiple esc, lights, winch, etc.
I can't say enough good things about it!
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
that's the way I understand it. the part I wonder about is if his ppm expander will work with any ppm radio. from my limited understanding, it should.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #10
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
that's the way I understand it. the part I wonder about is if his ppm expander will work with any ppm radio. from my limited understanding, it should.
Yes, It should work with any ppm radio.

But finding rx's would be the difficult part
Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #11
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
No mixing, completely independent of front steer. If thats possible then I'm happy and from the sounds of it, I'm happy.
So there are two ways you could go about this.

a.) setup on multiple switches

b.) setup on one switch

For option a,
You could assign one switch for 100% swing each click
So click back and it'll turn 100% left
click forward it goes back to center
click forward again and it goes to 100% right.

Or make it momentary, so you have to click and hold. When you left off it returns to center.

Then assign a second switch with a smaller step, like 20%.
Each click will move the servo 20% one way or the other depending on the click direction.

If you're doing momentary on the first switch, you can set it up so it returns to previous value when you let go. So if you was at 20% steer left, it'll return to 20% steer left

You can also assign a button, like the channel 3 button, to reset the channel to center...

or option b, get really fancy and combine alot of what I said above into one switch.

Under normal clicks it would move 20%. But if you click in the opposite direction it'll reset back to center. so if you click left 3 times. Only one right click is needed to go back to center. And if you want to go straight to full steer. You click and old in the corresponding direction for 1 second (That time period is adjustable). and it'll jump to that end point.

or there's alot of other key behaviors available. Such as autoreat where it'll increment continuously while you click and hold.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:59 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, It should work with any ppm radio.

But finding rx's would be the difficult part
right. I guess that's why the flysky system works so well, since their air systems are compatible.

Thanks for answering this, I know you don't gain anything by answering.

I really like your radios, I'm just an analog type of guy, and I like the tactile feel of switches and knobs for the additional channels. If I knew how to do that with your radios I would have one.

honestly, If I could add the ppm expander to my old futaba fp-t2pb, I'd be in heaven, even if I had to stay FM with it.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:52 AM   #13

Hi all..

i have one of these Dasmikro kit and it says i de description that it should work with GT2B also but i cant find any more info on how to install it in the GT2B.. all i can find is instructions on how to install it on GT3B and GT3C

anyone that has any ideas??
Ronken is offline   Reply With Quote

has anyone seen the new GT3C pre-hacked to 8ch on banggood? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help calibrating a hacked GT3C patrol_maverick Electronics 3 07-23-2014 05:22 PM