Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help with NVS on a Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Default Need help with NVS on a Bomber

Hello folks. I posted in the RR10Bomber section last night about having a problem with the NVS System I installed on my Bomber. It was suggested I try here to see if I could get some suggestions to fix the problem.
The problem I am having is the brake lights stay on the whole time I run it. According to the description of the product, the lights (brake) should come on when you use the brake. As I said mine stay on all the time. They actually get brighter when I go forward.
I followed the instructions to a T and double checked to make sure everything was hooked up correctly. I mentioned in the other post that I am new to the hobby so any help would be greatly appreciated.
My question is, is it possible I have a bad controller or is there anybody on here that had the same problem and was able to fix it and how? Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Micahbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #2

Default Re: Need help with NVS on a Bomber

I have not had any experience with this controller. but when you say the get brighter going forward it sounds like you need to flip the motor wires, and the switch the direction of the throttle channel in the transmitter.
Davis_Krawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The NVS is set up so your headlights and tail lights are always on. When you go forward the headlights should get brighter, when you reverse the tail lights get brighter. Sounds like you have the tail lights in the headlight plug or need to switch one of the little white slider switches on the NVS to the other position. It's not designed for the brake lights to only turn on when you brake/reverse. You can put all your lights in the auxiliary ports to run them solid @ all times or use the bottom row which will allow turn signals when steering, brighter headlights in forward, and brighter tail lights in reverse. Hope this helps.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #4

I've checked the connections again on the controller. All of them are where they are suppose to be. I also reversed the switches and that didn't fix the problem either. I wasn't aware that the break lights would be on all the time. The turn signals only come on when you turn.
I'll contact Axial and see what they have to say. Thanks for the replies guys.
Micahbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Just curious if you've heard back from axial yet and if so, what the outcome is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahbomb View Post
I've checked the connections again on the controller. All of them are where they are suppose to be. I also reversed the switches and that didn't fix the problem either. I wasn't aware that the break lights would be on all the time. The turn signals only come on when you turn.
I'll contact Axial and see what they have to say. Thanks for the replies guys.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help with NVS on a Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NVS System on Bomber Micahbomb Axial RR10 Bomber 4 05-17-2016 11:41 AM
Wraith with NVS Maddog Madigan Axial Wraith 26 03-05-2014 08:21 PM
Axial nvs Jay2380 Electronics 0 05-26-2011 11:32 AM