Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Savox 1270

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #1

Default Savox 1270

Am I doing something wrong? Second servo that this has happened to. First time, I assumed "water resistant " meant I could get it a little wet - no submarining or anything, but at least go through a shallow,rocky stream. The servo went wacky and "hyper extended " itself, breaking the plastic housing before crapping out. Because I liked the performance of this particular servo, I thought I'd try it again, this time conformal coating the board and siliconing the shit out of the seams. This time, a tumble down a hill into a creek , and same thing

I'm assuming the motors in these servos are also in need of some waterproofing?
Fumey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Savox 1270

I use savox for racing and hitec for crawling for a reason. Savox servos can't take hits well without a servo saver.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Generally the motors will just loose power or whine when dirty water damages the communicator. That wouldn't cause it to "stick" full throttle in one direction.

It sounds like the pot is the cause. If water gets into or around it, it may trick the control board into thinking the pot is cranked the other way. The conformal coating also doesn't protect moving parts like a pot. Dirty water can be much more conductive than clean water. I'd suggest filling the gaps inside the servo with dielectric grease & looking into that corrosionX spray for inside the pot.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i'm using the 1210sg of the savöx waterproof series. so far it took hugh hits, sea water, mud, dust and snow. maybe it survived the hit cause i use a servo saver.
in the same series they have the 240mg 241mg, which have more torque than mine.

but another servo doesn't answer your question. did you ask savöx?
would be intresting to know what they say.

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21L mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have 1246tg, that would turn full right when it got wet. I could open it up and let it dry out and it would work fine again. Finally I water proofed it by coating the board with conformal coating, the painting the case seams with plasti dip. This seams to have done the trick. Although at 2years old the servo is starting to get weak. I fear it's days are numbered.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've got 2 of those servos mine seems to be fine I beat the snot out of them I never did any waterproofing I've run it in the ocean and in creeks and ponds and i never had any problems with them maybe your reciver is freaking out or something else is causing the problem
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #7

Sent it in to Savox. They're gonna replace it, but nothing mentioned as to why it failed.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

So, could you give us the details as to how you ended up getting in contact with Savox and how you convinced them to warranty a failed product? I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just that I've had several of there servo's fail and I've sent numerouse E-mails and left messages and never gotten a response. So I want to know what the trick is?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #9

I sent the initial email to the Taiwan address, they in turn emailed an application for repair, requiring a photo of the receipt, the application was approved and I was told to send my servo with a copy of receipt in to Savox USA in Utah. Then I got an email from HRP saying a new servo is being shipped soon... No phone calls. All emails were from HRP Brand Warranty Support.

Last edited by Fumey; 08-08-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Savox 1270 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Savox anyone? jado6006 Electronics 57 09-23-2016 01:02 PM
Moisture in Hitec 7954 vs Savox 1270... cjbeck Axial Wraith 8 05-15-2014 01:30 PM