Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wiring help with BEC, Axial NVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Default Wiring help with BEC, Axial NVS

I'm nearing the electronics part of my SCX10 II build and I've never done this before. I searched and looked at some wiring diagrams, as well as the ones that came with the CC BEC but they don't seem to fit my situation with the NVS. Was even debating if I should post this in the newbie section lol.

So I have the following electronics listed below and need help with wiring and BEC / Castle Link settings.

Battery: 2s LiPo 7.4v 5000mah 25C (min 6.0v - max 8.4v) I may also run a 3s down the road so wiring should reflect that additional 11.1v
ESC: Castle Sidewinder 3 (3s/15v max in)
BEC: CC BEC 10amp (4.8v-9v out) Set to 6v?
Tekin T35 brushed motor
Hitec hs-7955tg (4.8v/6v)
Tactic TTX300 w/ TR325 Rx (4.0-6.0V)
Axial NVS AX24251 (just says connect main power supply to main power supply on the ESC)
RC4WD Warn Wireless Winch Controller (6V to 11.1V)

I'm running the servo, winch controller and receiver off the BEC right? The NVS seems like it wants everything to go through it...

See my quick diagram below, I'm so lost....

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

*Edit Actually I think the winch controller can come straight off the battery. Yes I'm saving that 3rd channel
HeltahSkeltah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wiring help with BEC, Axial NVS

Let me see if I can help ya. The NVS wants to be connected to the servo(for blinkers/turn signals) and the esc(for brights and brakes). It also needs to be connected to the battery directly for the power supply. The NVS box is basically a pass through for signal to the lights. Instead of the rx going straight to the steering servo it will go to the NVS first then from the NVS to the servo. Since your running a BEC, you only need the signal wire and ground to run through the NVS. For the esc, instead of going straight to the rx the esc goes to the NVS then from the NVS to the rx. If you don't want the turn signal option, you could just skip wiring in the steering servo and plug the orange light string into an aux port on the NVS and the turn signals will be constant orange instead of blinking. After installing 2 of these systems on 2 different rigs I'd almost say to not worry about the blinkers. It's not very noticeable when they blink and I'm about to make my turn signals stay solid. The NVS is a nice system but a $#!+ ton of wires to mess with. Especially if you need to take the body of...
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

You can look in my scx10 photo album and see the lights off when the wheels are straight and on when the wheels are turned. There's only one pic of each but you can get the idea. Honestly, decide if you really want/need the turn signals or not, especially if it's your first time messing with lights. The bec confuses things a bit. Something I noticed in your diagram is that you pulled a wire on the esc and rx that's needed if your using the bec to only power the winch and steering servo. Let the esc power the rx with all 3 wires used and the bec power the servo and winch. Not sure what you know about the 3 wires but you have: 1=power, 1=ground, 1=signal. Simplify it while learning and it'll make more sense as time goes by and you familiarize yourself with how it works
Old 08-12-2016, 12:36 PM   #4

Thanks! I'll think about the turn signals and even the forward/reverse. I may just run everything off aux and eliminate all this extra wiring, just turn it on or off for now. Also, the winch controller says 6v-11.1v so it'll come straight off the battery even when I run 3s. Rx powered by ESC. BEC only powers servo. See my new diagram IF I use the NVS "brain".

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Last edited by HeltahSkeltah; 08-12-2016 at 01:08 PM.
HeltahSkeltah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If you use the NVS, don't jump the red from esc to rx, run all 3 wires from esc to NVS then to rx. As for the bec, do you have the rx bypass adapter? Holmes Hobbies sells one that goes with the cc bec. You would run 3 wires from rx to nvs, bypass adapter plugs into nvs, servo and bec plug into the 2 ports on the other end of the bypass adapter(3 wire=servo and 2 wire=bec). If you haven't bought your servo check out the new Holmes SHV500, has an internal bec but needs 3S power. Instead of adding a 4th deans plug you could solder the nvs and the bec to the same deans plug also.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Do you have the NVS and RX right now? A good tip is to plug the NVS into the RX ch 1&2 with the attached wires(don't remove any of the wires), now your NVS is essentially your rx.

Wiring help with BEC, Axial NVS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial NVS help wacmartin Electronics 3 07-26-2015 02:43 PM
Axial NVS Tread Well Newbie General 3 09-28-2013 09:37 AM
Axial nvs Jay2380 Electronics 0 05-26-2011 11:32 AM