Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Stock Wraith electronics problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Stock Wraith electronics problem

Ok I use to be pretty good about figuring things out but this has got me puzzled. I did the battery forward mod to my Wraith and when I plugged everything back together I now only have steering but no throttle. I've checked and double checked the placement of the ESC plug in the receiver but still nothing. When I turn it on it makes the same beep and flashes green, but when I move the throttle into reverse it flashes red. Someone tell me what the deal is before I take a hammer to it.
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Stock Wraith electronics problem

when you pull the trigger, give the rig a push to see if it will go then...also you could pull the motor pinion and hook the motor straight to a battery to see if it spins
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Could of had a solder joint brake on a motor lead.

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well the motor spins fine plugged straight into a battery. I have my deans put on at my local hobby shop cause I can't solder to save my life but is there a chance something got shorted?
Old 08-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

it should flash green for forward and red for reverse...sounds like it could be a bad ESC, maybe take it to the local hobby shop and see what they have to say. triple check you got the esc plugged into the rx in the correct spot and the correct way...many times I have reversed the plug without realizing it...also if you havent already, hook up the motor to the esc and give it another try...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

It's flashing green and flashes red when I hit reverse but then I was holding the throttle in the forward position the esc started beeping and flashes red without even touching the remote and wont stop beeping and flashing red until I turn the unit off. This is the first time I've ever had problems with a stock ESC. All my rigs still use the stock electronics.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

have you given the ESC calibration process a go through just to eliminate that, even though it should remember and save any previous calibration data their is always the chance of it somehow losing that, also make sure you have not "knocked" your throttle trim even slightly as that could cause the esc to not arm if it does not see the valid learned throttle signal its used to seeing.

Axial AE-2 ESC Set-up and Programming
By Axial on Aug 18, 2011
blog_ae-2_esc_500x220

*** taken from axials wraith/AE-2 setup page ***

Set-up tips for installing and programming Axial’s AE-2 ESC.

Set-up:

1. Mount ESC in an area that is well ventilated, and isolated from vibration and shock.

2. Connect ESC wires to the motor(s).

3. Plug the receiver wire into the throttle channel on your receiver.

4. Before plugging the battery into the ESC, make sure your transmitter is on and that the throttle trim is set to zero.

5. Double check that the battery wires on the ESC are wired correctly, red on red and black on black. **Reversing the polarity will permanently damage the ESC**

6. Plug the battery into the ESC, with the ESC switch in the “off” position.

7. Apply full throttle on the transmitter.

8. Turn the ESC on while applying full throttle.

9. The ESC will emit a series of beeps through the motor with the “Red” LED.

10. Continue applying full throttle until the ESC blinks “Green” and emits a series of beeps to finalize the full throttle endpoint.

11. Once the ESC blinks “Red”, apply full brake/reverse, and hold.

12. The ESC will emit a series of beeps while blinking “Red” to finalize the reverse/brake endpoint.

13. Return the throttle to neutral and the ESC will emit a series of beeps to finalize the neutral point.

14. The ESC will emit one last series of beeps confirming the ESC is ready to go.

15. Apply throttle to make sure motor turns in the proper direction. To reverse the direction of the motor, switch the wires going to the motor.

worth a shot at doing just in case.

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I've tried it 4 times now but with the same result. After letting the throttle go to the neutral position it emits a constant steady double beep.
I appreciate the info and help everyone offered, that's why I like this site so well. Into the trash it goes and I think I'm going to try a AE-5.

Stock Wraith electronics problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock wraith electronics needed David F Missouri 9 10-08-2012 11:25 AM
strange stock electronics problem newpinesap HPI Wheely King 3 11-20-2008 03:49 PM