Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 dig and Spektrum dx3c help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Novak M2 dig and Spektrum dx3c help please

Just got an xr10 with a Novak M2 dig. Have a Spektrum dx3c radio and cannot get the dig to work with the 3 position switch. Tried doing the full setup but it states that I must set the end point for the Dig when setting up the ESC. I am unsure what they mean by setting the endpoints. I can get everything else to work and even have the 3 position switch set to 3p

I have watched several videos on YouTube of people setting them up with other radios. The problem is they do not show exactly what they're doing with the radio and even if they did not sure it would help with the radio I have. I know for a fact that that radio will work with the M2 dig because my friend had an xr10 with M2 dig and it worked perfectly with the same radio. But I just don't know how to set it up with mine. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
airdreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Novak M2 dig and Spektrum dx3c help please

http://www.teamnovak.com/download/in...1_M2_Instr.pdf I followed these directions and havent had any issues.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I Tried reading those but can't get it to work and I'm still confused as to how I'm supposed to get it to recognize the third Channel.
I was told by someone else I need to set up the throttle profile. But he'll I don't know how to set up the throttle profile or even what that is because I don't see anything about it in the instructions
Old 09-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I wonder if you have the two leads from the m2 that plug into the receiver plugged in backwards.

"RX IN" should be channel 2(thr) on the receiver and "CH3" should be in channel 3(aux or aux1) on the receiver. Sorry if you've already got that correct, just trying to cover the basics. Also check to make sure you have channel 3 bound to the correct switch you want to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBFVP9QFRA This video is also a good guide, its not a dx3/4 but he goes through the steps.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Leads plugged in correctly. Even watch that video but when he stated you must set the end points for the Dig switch that's the part that I don't understand there is no way to set an endpoint on the dx3c. Although somehow a friend had the Novak M2 dig and Spektrum dx3c and they worked together. Asked him how he did his but he could not seem to get mine to work because he could not remember how he did it.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I just rewatched and he never mentioned end points at any point in that video. Its literally once you have the throttle set and it lights up for setting the dig switch on channel three click it up or down to set rear lockout, then back to "neutral" or both drive/centered on the switch, then up or down for front lockout.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

How to reset the radio and it kinda works with it now.

Last edited by airdreams1; 10-06-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

So have an issue with it and if it binds either the front or rear axle it will not turn that axle. It kind of seems like there's not enough power to turn both axles at the same time. If we use just the front or the rear dig that axial has plenty of power but when it's in the four-wheel it just does not. You have any suggestions?