RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Trailmaster BLE Pro Issues (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/577606-trailmaster-ble-pro-issues.html)

Vinster_Beta 01-07-2017 04:49 PM

Trailmaster BLE Pro Issues

I don't know if this is directly of fault with the Trailmaster BLE Pro, or a different fault. I have had it on my rig for about 6 months now with no issues. It runs a Holmes Puller Pro BL 540s 2700kv on 3s lipos.

I recently unplugged it from my normal motor in an attempt to see if my friend's brushless motor was alive or not. The motor (Castle 1410Y 3800kv) wouldn't even spin a full rotation before it stopped. Then I connect my motor back up to it and plugged the battery in and it started to fry the Tamiya connector. I cut off the connector and replaced it with a deans and the esc flashes red. And then the Battery started to smoke. Hasn't swollen up yet. I have never had these issues before. Is it something with the Esc? And before anyone says it, yes I know I shouldn't had tried the motor out on my Comp rig ESC.

Vinster_Beta 01-07-2017 05:25 PM

Re: Trailmaster BLE Pro Issues

It's weird because The power leads on the battery to the Esc get hot and the Lipo Alarm goes crazy.

allanon1965 01-07-2017 05:40 PM

Sounds to me like the friends motor fried your ESC....
Time for a new one..

whitrzac 01-07-2017 05:52 PM

It's dead...

I would suspect that the motor is dead shorted across at least one pole.

Vinster_Beta 01-07-2017 05:55 PM

Awesomeness, Well I guess it is time to get another Esc now, I figured it was but I wanted to get someone's opinion on it anyways to make sure. Thanks

TacoCrawler 01-07-2017 07:55 PM

I believe you needed change the ECS's settings before swapping motors

FM: HH's BLE pdf instr. https://holmeshobbies.com/downloads/...structions.pdf

Brushed Motors

o
Using a Castle Link, set Motor Type to "Brushed Reversing"

o Connect the ‘A’ wire to the positive terminal of the motor.

o Connect the ‘C’ wire to the negative terminal of the motor.

o The ‘B’ wire will not be used. Wrap with electrical tape to keep clean.

Brushless Motors

o Using a Castle Link, set Motor Type to ‘Smart Sense Brushless

o Connect all phase wires to corresponding wires on motor A > A. B > B. C > C.

Sensored Brushless Motors

o
Connect same as regular brushless motor.

o Connect sensor wire to sensor port on ESC and on motor.

o This plug is keyed for installation in only one direction.

808slick4596 08-31-2018 12:13 AM

just bought the trailmaster BLE pro and cant seem to connect to the castle link, I don't see the item that is listed but they say it can connect?

Voodoobrew 08-31-2018 10:31 PM

If the battery started to smoke I would toss that too, puffy or not I would mess with it. If noting else I would suggest at least doing a capacity test on it an monitor the battery tems in a safe place expecting it to burn up.

I'm not saying the battery caused the problem.

It seems like there are less then desirable fault protections in RC electronics. Too often I see chain reactions of one part burning up another.

durok 08-31-2018 11:51 PM

The OP is discussing a situation from 8 months ago - however we have a new post from someone else asking how to connect the Castle Link to a Castle Link-compatible Holmes brushless ESC...

It would have been best to start a new post in their case, to avoid confusion.

I have programmed a couple Castle ESCs, all you do is insert the Castle Link USB adaptor into the ESC, the micro-USB end of the cable into the Link and the other end of the cable into the USB port of your PC running the software from Castle - and it only works on Windows.

The ESC doesn't need to be connected to anything else for this to work, it doesn't need power - the LED should show green on the Castle Link itself when properly connected.

If it doesn't recognize the ESC, you may have a crap cable - or a loose connection, or a damaged/defective Castle Link USB adapter.

It should tell you on the Castle software pop-up screen what ESC it has detected, if it doesn't I'd contact Holmes Hobbies or Castle Creations.

I've done a Mamba X and a Mamba Monster X and it was a nice and easy process - if you have issues, that's what their support numbers or email addresses are for.