Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: What the newest cheap servo hotness?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #961
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What the newest cheap servo hotness?

Maybe this needs to be posted on every page of this thread as a reminder LOL!

John Holmes - JX 46kg is a stolen design
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #962

I wonder how many people poo pooing the JX HH clone are rolling around on Fanquish wheels, Foline tires, and/or ChooDoo tires. Morals seem to be mentioned when it's convenient.

I'm here looking for a new servo. The ProModeler that I own isn't impressive at all and I'd rather not start at the bottom with a PowerHD or something like that. And I'm tired of always defaulting to Savox.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 09-13-2019 at 06:26 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #963
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I wonder how many people poo pooing the JX HH clone are rolling around on Fanquish wheels, Foline tires, and/or ChooDoo tires. Morals seem to be mentioned when it's convenient.

I'm here looking for a new servo. The ProModeler that I own isn't impressive at all and I'd rather not start at the bottom with a PowerHD or something like that. And I'm tired of always defaulting to Savox.
I'm guilty of buying one set of Chanquish wheels, but it went on a rig with several hundred dollars in legit VP products on it. I think I may have bought a small portion in the company by now between all my setups, lol.

Everything else I've put on my trucks has been 100% legit.

Quote:
I've put two of the ECO WP120's on my trucks with the last two servo purchases and the next time I need a servo, I'll probably order another one. Been very happy with them. Dunked them in water many times, never seem to stall and the one year warranty from Amain is a bonus.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #964
Quarry Creeper

I have some Chinese beadlocks, which don't look like any US design I have ever seen, on my rig, and some Chinese brass pieces. If any US company can show that their technical drawings and specs were used to build any of them I am completely unaware of it. My tires are Pro-Line and my foams CI. Motor and servo are HH.

Copying something by reverse engineering is NOT the same as getting the drawings and specs from the Chinese consultant that the US company is using to organize manufacturing. I am not pooh-poohing the servo manufactured using the design stolen from JRH, just letting people know it IS stolen. What they do with that information is entirely up to their own principles, if they have any.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #965
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Geez, based on my most recent posts I can't help but feel that this post was directed (mostly, at least) at me.

I just bought "Choodoo" tires, and I'll admit that I did it for 2 reasons - #1 because I have a weakness for new tires and #2 because the guy behind the original company was so incredibly rude towards everyone on the Duratrax tire thread. I will not buy anything from his company - that's my moral attitude. I thought that whole thing was pretty karmic.

I also have a couple sets of "Fanquish" wheels, but I'll fall on my sword there, too - got loads of Vanquish/Incision parts on my vehicles. Not going to talk about how much money I've got sunk in this hobby/obsession - it's not a very good excuse...

Guess ya got me there, Jato. Hope you feel better, now. I can't help but wonder how much more was in your post before you edited it...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:51 PM   #966
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I have one set of Chinese wheels bought WAY back when I started getting into crawling, but I'm not even sure they're clones and not just inexpensive wheels...

(Face design looks SSD Assassin-ish maybe, but the locking mechanism is totally different than both the sets SSDs I have)

Everything else I own is legit to the best of my knowledge, so I will continue to "poo poo" theft, because it's shitty...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #967

I got a kick of this guys. I didn't name one person. I don't call out a single soul yet so many stepped forward in defense of themselves! I didn't even say clones are good or bad since I didn't take a stand. My post wasn't even that serious. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
I've put two of the ECO WP120's on my trucks with the last two servo purchases and the next time I need a servo, I'll probably order another one. Been very happy with them. Dunked them in water many times, never seem to stall and the one year warranty from Amain is a bonus.
Thanks. I'll checkout Eco Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Copying something by reverse engineering is NOT the same as getting the drawings and specs from the Chinese consultant that the US company is using to organize manufacturing. I am not pooh-poohing the servo manufactured using the design stolen from JRH, just letting people know it IS stolen. What they do with that information is entirely up to their own principles, if they have any.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
You're trying to justify it with your morals. Reverse engineering is theft and just as bad.

I mean that's like arguing plagiarism is bad, but cheating on a test is fine. Neither are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Geez, based on my most recent posts I can't help but feel that this post was directed (mostly, at least) at me.

I just bought "Choodoo" tires, and I'll admit that I did it for 2 reasons - #1 because I have a weakness for new tires and #2 because the guy behind the original company was so incredibly rude towards everyone on the Duratrax tire thread. I will not buy anything from his company - that's my moral attitude. I thought that whole thing was pretty karmic.

I also have a couple sets of "Fanquish" wheels, but I'll fall on my sword there, too - got loads of Vanquish/Incision parts on my vehicles. Not going to talk about how much money I've got sunk in this hobby/obsession - it's not a very good excuse...

Guess ya got me there, Jato. Hope you feel better, now. I can't help but wonder how much more was in your post before you edited it...
No idea why you took that personally. Like I started this post off with - I wasn't calling out a single person. I don't know who owns what nor do I care. I didn't name a single clone brand. I named three. If you think I have the memory for who owns what you are very mistaken. Without going back and looking now I can't even remember what was posted on the previous page or which stance you took. I think you're feeling guilty.

I started off as the biggest Fanquish proponent and anti-VP troll. I've changed over the years, but I'm not going to act like I don't own clone products. I'm also not going to monitor what people buy or judge them based on how many clones they own. I literally don't care. Like it or hate it clone products are a part of the modern world.

But people shouldn't pick and choose which clones are bad and judge others based on personal opinion. You're either against clones or you're not. Arguing that one should not own a clone servo while running clone wheels or tires or both is pretty hypocritical, don't ya think?

Nothing was deleted. You should know by now that I don't hold punches.

Now can we get back to cheap servos?

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 09-13-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Changed my analogy to a better fit
Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #968
RCC Addict

REEF RC ftw
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #969
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
REEF RC ftw
I'm actually looking for a stronger servo for my Enduro...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #970
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I'm actually looking for a stronger servo for my Enduro...
Queefs servos are junk. Aluminum gears and cheap electronics. Yea they're slightly better than a lot of amazon or ebay junk but not by a whole lot.

I have a couple buddies that run coreless and brushless jx clone servos. Meh, they aren't as strong as my shv500V2 and their gears are already sloppy.

For the money the 25kg fan model servo off amazon is pretty kick ass. I run it on my trx4 that gets its brains kicked in regularly.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Queefs servos are junk. Aluminum gears and cheap electronics. Yea they're slightly better than a lot of amazon or ebay junk but not by a whole lot.

I have a couple buddies that run coreless and brushless jx clone servos. Meh, they aren't as strong as my shv500V2 and their gears are already sloppy.

For the money the 25kg fan model servo off amazon is pretty kick ass. I run it on my trx4 that gets its brains kicked in regularly.

That's a new one to me. This one? If so the gears look like that soft fake brass.

Fan Model FS-25W:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WVXP4Y..._prgFDbHV93HWT
Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #972
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's a new one to me. This one? If so the gears look like that soft fake brass.

Fan Model FS-25W:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WVXP4Y..._prgFDbHV93HWT

That's it. I consider it a miracle servo.

My trx4 goes to all the local runs because pretty much guaranteed someone will break their junk and not have parts. I toss them a few batteries and the radio and tell them not to worry about the rig. So far nobody has broken the servo.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
That's it. I consider it a miracle servo.

My trx4 goes to all the local runs because pretty much guaranteed someone will break their junk and not have parts. I toss them a few batteries and the radio and tell them not to worry about the rig. So far nobody has broken the servo.

Interesting. At first glance I was thinking it was just like a Power HD, but it's not.

I looked at the Eco Power servos and they're decent, but their high torque version is $70 for 337 oz-in @ 6V. For the same price you can get the Savox 1230 and get 500 oz-in at 6V or 444 oz-in from the 1231.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #974
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I looked at the Eco Power servos and they're decent, but their high torque version is $70 for 337 oz-in @ 6V. For the same price you can get the Savox 1230 and get 500 oz-in at 6V or 444 oz-in from the 1231.
I run it at 7.5v off my BEC. I love me some Savox, but neither of those are waterproof.

Last edited by punkindrublik; 09-13-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #975
I wanna be Dave

I like Savox, and I don't run in water, but the chatter... oh the chatter..... I have two 1283SGs and I usually run it in my 2.2 rigs and a bunch of 251 & 254s for my Retro Tamiya stuff. I guess I can try one of the 1283sg out in my 1.9 and see if I'm ok with it.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 PM   #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I like Savox, and I don't run in water, but the chatter... oh the chatter..... I have two 1283SGs and I usually run it in my 2.2 rigs and a bunch of 251 & 254s for my Retro Tamiya stuff. I guess I can try one of the 1283sg out in my 1.9 and see if I'm ok with it.

The noise is a big reason I want a different option.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:56 AM   #977
I wanna be Dave

I have two eco powers, both quite nice and quiet.the run in a SCX10ii and a 4wd slash buggy, no issues. My PM 470 puts them to shame, smoother and stronger by a bit

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #978
I wanna be Dave

i bought one of those jx 12v servos the control board was touching the case and fried my mamba monster x whan it went thats my issue with jx servos personaly
the chanquish wheels are copys of vanquish wheels and who did vanquish copy and vanquish just relesed a scout body and dident licence it they just copyed it so
john dident patten his servo and had it made in china where he knows there gona clone it anyway and besides he moved on with the v2 so its not like there selling his newest version its still a exsact copy of his old design he changed cause of flaws in the design
this is the scale world everything by the nature of the hobby is a copy of something in the real world so its copyed

ive been thinking sbout getting another one of the jx 12v servos but just cant get around my fried mamba to drop another dime on one

Last edited by ferp420; 09-14-2019 at 07:26 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #979
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
PM 470 puts them to shame
PM 470? Don't know that one I don't think.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #980
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
PM 470? Don't know that one I don't think.
ProModeler DS470BLHV 470oz-in servo... Designed for drones, big R/C airplanes.

There's an even stronger version now, the ProModeler DS630BLSHV.

Last edited by durok; 09-14-2019 at 10:04 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

What the newest cheap servo hotness? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some New T1Erc Hotness! rockpayne Chassis and Suspension 75 05-02-2014 06:23 PM
The new bling hotness WHITE-TRASH Axial AX-10 Scorpion 179 08-11-2013 01:34 PM
New Hotness 4xFord Superclass Crawlers 48 10-21-2012 08:29 PM
The Hotness hitman46mod General Crawlers 111 08-20-2011 01:42 PM