Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery/charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #1

Default Battery/charger

Just got an e10 yesterday. Looking to replace stock charger. What I'm looking for is one that can do nimh and lipo (only have 1 nimh as of now, but want a charger for when I switch to lipo). Would prefer the charger to have a 110v plug and 12v plug so I can charge in the field. What do yall recommend. Would like to stay under $30 if possible, but will go to 50 if need be.

As for battery, stock is a 2000mah. What 5000 may do yall recommend?

Third, plugs. What plugs should I run. Not afraid to cut plugs off new battery to swap to different style. When I played airsoft, I had dean's plugs. Are there any better options out there?

Thanks for the info yall will give.
gibz117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Battery/charger

I would tell you the hitec X2 dual for $100.

They sell a single for about 1/2

http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...harger/product

http://www.losipartshouse.com/Produc...8QIaAsx48P8HAQ
Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:16 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Battery/charger

I'd use Deans (AKA "T" plugs) or XT60 plugs...

Lot's of great quality LiPo batteries out there, SMC for example.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibz117 View Post
Just got an e10 yesterday. Looking to replace stock charger. What I'm looking for is one that can do nimh and lipo (only have 1 nimh as of now, but want a charger for when I switch to lipo). Would prefer the charger to have a 110v plug and 12v plug so I can charge in the field. What do yall recommend. Would like to stay under $30 if possible, but will go to 50 if need be.

As for battery, stock is a 2000mah. What 5000 may do yall recommend?

Third, plugs. What plugs should I run. Not afraid to cut plugs off new battery to swap to different style. When I played airsoft, I had dean's plugs. Are there any better options out there?

Thanks for the info yall will give.
The Hitec X1 is an excellent charger and has everything you have asked for in a charger. I started out with the X1 and then went to an X4 when I found it took all day to charge all the batteries I had, charging one at a time. I still use the X1 for field charging off the 12V car battery. Either online or through your lhs the X1 should be under $50.

I don't know what people in your area run for plugs but I use Dean's because everyone in my area run them. It makes it easy to loan/borrow a battery or ESC when out on the trail. I have no complaints against the Dean's plugs. I started with Traxxas and IMHO they are a POS. I had too many problems with them and finally spent the money to switch everything over to Dean's. The XT60 is not popular in my area but I understand it to be an excellent plug.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #5

Thanks for you useful tips. Besktek 400w power inverter is the battery charger to me. I have used this charger to charge camera battery for several months when travelling around the city. This charger is much convenient to take away and easier to handle. You just need to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then you can charge safely and quickly. If you want to check more details about this charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Hope this point is useful to you.
Rorence is offline   Reply With Quote

Battery/charger - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery/Charger ?? NiMH's w/ NiCD Charger ? 56effie Electronics 5 10-31-2014 01:23 PM
UK Version please - LOSB0862 Battery Charger & Battery. newth Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 05-26-2010 01:38 AM