Notices

Thread: Mamba Firmware V2.02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mamba Firmware V2.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmo View Post
well that sucks. My truck is far too jammed already electrickery.

If I get one, where would it go?

Between shift servo and y harness?
Between AUX wire and y harness?
Between Y harness and RX?
The Expert Electronics EXRA320 reverser has an integrated y-harness. The reversed output would go to the servo.

Alternatively, you could try to find a shift servo that rotates the opposite direction from the one you have now.

I was fortunate to have the room inside my rig to mechanically flip the servo horn to the other side of the servo to resolve this issue. I'd hesitate to attempt that in a TH.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
The Expert Electronics EXRA320 reverser has an integrated y-harness. The reversed output would go to the servo.

Alternatively, you could try to find a shift servo that rotates the opposite direction from the one you have now.

I was fortunate to have the room inside my rig to mechanically flip the servo horn to the other side of the servo to resolve this issue. I'd hesitate to attempt that in a TH.
Nah no room to swap the servo since I am using a nitro style linkage on the gear shifter.

My work around is to plug aux into another channel of my flysky and use a 3 pos switch with forward on the switch to change gears and back on the switch is crawler/rock race modes. Probably better this way so that if I wanted to be doing some fast rock sections but need full drag brake, I can.
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:35 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmo View Post
Nah no room to swap the servo since I am using a nitro style linkage on the gear shifter.

My work around is to plug aux into another channel of my flysky and use a 3 pos switch with forward on the switch to change gears and back on the switch is crawler/rock race modes. Probably better this way so that if I wanted to be doing some fast rock sections but need full drag brake, I can.
Just need to be careful then when you let the throttle trigger go after a top speed run so that you don't have the drag brake on when you were expecting it to coast to a stop.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #204
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Just need to be careful then when you let the throttle trigger go after a top speed run so that you don't have the drag brake on when you were expecting it to coast to a stop.
yep happened a few times yesterday. Brake is strong!
I think it killed my HS5645MG shift servo.
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:15 AM   #205

I just upgraded to 2.20 from 1.8. I'm going to, finally, try the Rock Racer mode today.

As others have said, my Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro has gotten very loud! Hopefully Castle is able to fix this.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #206

I'm in love with the Rock Racer / Crawler mode!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

I finally got a Mamba X... in RR/Crawler mode, is the drag brake always at 100% in crawler mode? When a drag brake percentage is assigned with the Castle link, i.e., 5%, is this value being applied the Rock Racer mode? I want to be able to have my drag brake at 25% on crawler mode and be at 5% on RR mode with braking. I'm quite confused as to what input exactly is triggering the aux wire input signal. I have my DX4S "E switch" set to Aux 1 2P. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bilinvic; 09-30-2017 at 11:36 PM.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Spent some time searching RCC this morning and found what I needed to know.....

From Robert@castle:

I know it works on a DX4C. There is 3 modes for each of the AUX ports on the transmitter. 2p, 3p, and Lin. 2p and 3p stand for 2 and 3 position. Lin stands for linear.

In 2p mode, pressing the button one way will set the output to 1.0ms and pressing the other way will set the output to 2.0ms.
In 3p mode, pressing the button up and down with move it between 3 values, 1.0ms, 1.5ms, and 2ms.
In lin mode, pressing the button up and down will move it between something like 100 values in between 1.0ms and 2.0ms.

The ESC reads the ms of the pulse on the port to determine the setting value to use. Anything below 1.1ms will be 0%, anything above 1.9ms will be 100%, and the value will linearly scale for any value between 1.1ms and 1.9ms. So 3p mode will give you 0%, 50%, and 100% drag brake.

From Thomas Porfert at Castle:

Not to complicate matters, but you're not locked into just 0% and 100%; there is setting you can adjust on the transmitter to change the drag brake percentage in each position.
You can adjust the Travel value on the Aux channel to change the Drag brake % in each position. By default the Travel values are at 100% for H and 100% for L; this will cause the drag brake to be at 0% or 100%.
Lowering the H value will reduce the drag brake percentage from 100% to a lower value; decreasing the L value will increase the drag brake from 0% to a higher value.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #209

I finally got my Yeti XL up and running this weekend with the V2.02 software installed in a Mamba Monster X. Yep, it's definitely loud at lower speeds, but the Rock Racer/Crawler mode is so cool that I'm now looking to put X-series ESCs in all my crawlers. Setup for the aux channel was super-easy on my Futaba 4PLS.

In any sort of rock racer that combines some decent speed with a fair amount of mass, it'd be helpful to have a way to limit the motor speed in Crawler mode to prevent going full speed and then dropping the throttle only to have max drag brake kick in For now, I'll just need to exercise some trigger discipline in Crawler mode.
E. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:19 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Bryant View Post
I finally got my Yeti XL up and running this weekend with the V2.02 software installed in a Mamba Monster X. Yep, it's definitely loud at lower speeds, but the Rock Racer/Crawler mode is so cool that I'm now looking to put X-series ESCs in all my crawlers. Setup for the aux channel was super-easy on my Futaba 4PLS.

In any sort of rock racer that combines some decent speed with a fair amount of mass, it'd be helpful to have a way to limit the motor speed in Crawler mode to prevent going full speed and then dropping the throttle only to have max drag brake kick in For now, I'll just need to exercise some trigger discipline in Crawler mode.
Turn the drag brake off with the Auxiliary Wire when going fast.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #211
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Bryant View Post
I have the AUX wire connected in parallel with the two-speed servo.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #212

Quote:
I'd do the same if I had a two-speed trans, but my Bomber and Yeti XL are both set up with single-speed transmissions. Maybe this is simply a good excuse to upgrade
Old 10-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #213
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The added bulk is better put in a larger motor IMO, but transmissions with more than 2.5x ratio between gears are pretty fun.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #214
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I like this idea. Can you please provide details on the config? Any idea if I could make it work on the shifting servo with the Traxxas TRX-4 with the stock TQi radio?
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The added bulk is better put in a larger motor IMO, but transmissions with more than 2.5x ratio between gears are pretty fun.
One of these days, I need to build a proper Simulink model and compare the benefits and drawbacks of each approach.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Woot, I can confirm splitting channel 3 on the TRX-4 with the stock TQi radio for the aux wire let's you have crawler mode in low gear and rock racer in high gear. Loving it.
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #217
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanies View Post
I like this idea. Can you please provide details on the config? Any idea if I could make it work on the shifting servo with the Traxxas TRX-4 with the stock TQi radio?
Hi, I would be interested in this as well. Ive just built a bomber as my first kit, I went with the mamba X. I only have 3 channels and the 3rd channel is used for the gear servo. It would be great to have drag brake in 1st and off in 2nd...plus i like the idea of not having to buy another transmitter....
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

Just hook up servo plug and the aux wire using a Y harness then plug it into 3rd channel. If it works, sweet. If it doesnt then the signal is backwards and you'll need to swap the Y harness for a servo reverser.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #219
Quarry Creeper

So using a Y splitter should be ok. I assume that I need to enable the drag brake using the castle link ? Im currently awaiting for my usb link to be delivered.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:38 PM   #220
RCC Addict

using a y splitter is to give the aux the signal. but of cause you have to configure the functionality of the aux via castle link. love the rock race / crawler mode.

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21L mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote

Mamba Firmware V2.02 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
castle firmware update1.46 JesterSpec Axial Yeti 7 12-19-2014 08:33 AM
Sidewinder Micro firmware dextan22 Electronics 6 04-18-2013 02:00 PM
Castle Firmware skid plate Electronics 2 01-11-2011 10:23 AM
Glitching with New Castle Firmware EXW Electronics 16 01-24-2010 07:56 AM