Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidePanda View Post
Easy to test - plug the steering into Ch 3 (or a spare servo) and toggle ch 3. That servo should go from one lock to the other with one push, and then back with a 2nd push of the button

Yea no go. And servo works too on channel 4. On channel 3 nothing happens although I can feel a light vibration on the servo, like something is trying to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #202
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Check your endpoints?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
Check your endpoints?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have channel 3 at 100% for RBD & LBD?

Old 11-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

Default New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Sub trim zeroes out?

Between those two settings, you should get some movement unless there is internal wiring issues.
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
Sub trim zeroes out?

Between those two settings, you should get some movement unless there is internal wiring issues.

Yea it does. I have another receiver I can probably try that is going in my slash. Otherwise I can’t but help I’m missing something.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #206
Pebble Pounder

So ready to try a new radio and sell my Traxxas TQi stuff. Whats the verdict on these vs the hacked GT3c?
subspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #207

Does anybody know if there is a way to get Channel 4, which is the 3-position switch- to act like a 2-position switch. And, at the same time, can you set Channel 3 to act like a 3-position push-button?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone compared the GT5 to the Radiolink RC6GS? I was set on buying the GT5 (even though I'm not a fan of the looks) but ended up just buying the RC6GS to replace my old Airtronics MX3-FG. Mainly liked the looks of the RC6GS, plus the fact that the receivers are 1/2 the price of the GT5 and I have a few receivers I want to buy.
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
Has anyone compared the GT5 to the Radiolink RC6GS? I was set on buying the GT5 (even though I'm not a fan of the looks) but ended up just buying the RC6GS to replace my old Airtronics MX3-FG. Mainly liked the looks of the RC6GS, plus the fact that the receivers are 1/2 the price of the GT5 and I have a few receivers I want to buy.
I had the RC4GS which is the predecessor to the RC6GS. My only problem with it was that it's not durable. I fell with it in my hand and ever since the trigger won't center. I've dropped other radios and those survived. The external antenna is also very prone to snapping. I never did that, but many others have. On top of that the RC6GS has the external toggle switches that were tacked on to turn a 4 channel radio into a 6 channel radio. Watch out for those as well. If you treat it well it should be fine. Just don't drop it.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:21 PM   #210
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I had the RC4GS which is the predecessor to the RC6GS. My only problem with it was that it's not durable. I fell with it in my hand and ever since the trigger won't center. I've dropped other radios and those survived. The external antenna is also very prone to snapping. I never did that, but many others have. On top of that the RC6GS has the external toggle switches that were tacked on to turn a 4 channel radio into a 6 channel radio. Watch out for those as well. If you treat it well it should be fine. Just don't drop it.
Uh oh, I do go hiking and also stick the tx in my backpack when I transport my crawler around. Hopefully it will treat me OK.

I know it was dumb to base my decision partly on the looks of the tx but the Flysky just looks so odd to me.

Thanks for the feedback!
Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:55 PM   #211
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
Review here. Personally I think the RC6GS looks ugly and cheap compared to the FS-GT5 but to each their own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWZ6eg6byU

Last edited by nzrc; 04-28-2020 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo
nzrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Just received this radio. Not too shabby for $70! Just playing around with it I like it! Plan to put my SCX10 0G Rubicon (RTR) and my in process Capra on this radio. Question, would this bind with the RTR's AR-3 receiver? I ask because I don't know who makes the AR-3 and it's buried in the truck to take it out to test (it's in a sealed box). Saves me $20 if I don't have to get another Rx for the Jeep.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #213

I have had the GT5 for about 6 months now. It's travelled with me on road trips, it's been in light rain, and it's still working well. It's linked to my TRX4 Sport and 2x Tamiya TT02.

The GT5 + FS-BS6 have performed perfectly with my vehicles.

Most recently, I installed a H.O.G hand of god servo winch and an LED light bar. The LED light bar is controlled by an Apex RC Products RC Remote Electronic AUX Channel On/Off Switch #9025 on CHANNEL 3 and I can switch the lights on/off remotely by clicking the ch3 button on the GT5. The servo winch works off my CHANNEL 5 Variable speed knob with a Precision RC Works "Cheapy" 3rd Channel Winch Controller (100%= retract, 50% stop, 0% extend). I can also put it on the 3 position switch on the GT5 (channel 4), (or the cheapy winch controller can be programmed to work off a 2-position switch as well). What's cool about the PRCW Cheapy winch controller is it doesn't require a JST to run external battery. It powers the servo winch straight from the 1x servo connector on the receiver (make sure you have a good BEC).

My steering servo, a Hitec D956 runs off a HeyOK Performance No Brainer ESC @ 7.0v which also works well with the FlySky system.

Last edited by KingRaptor; 10-26-2020 at 09:42 AM.
KingRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:32 PM   #214
Gold Star Baby!

Thanks to the book face I saw a post that was discussing lipo batteries for the gt5 transmitter. Ended up ordering one off Amazon, which showed up today. I’ve read mixed reviews about the actual capacity of this specific battery but I figured either way it’s going to be worthwhile to be able to recharge this and get away from new AA batteries every few runs.

Fits right in the battery tray and plugs into the already in place jst plug in the remote. No modifications needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WFWTCLY
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 05:21 AM   #215
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Thanks to the book face I saw a post that was discussing lipo batteries for the gt5 transmitter. Ended up ordering one off Amazon, which showed up today. I’ve read mixed reviews about the actual capacity of this specific battery but I figured either way it’s going to be worthwhile to be able to recharge this and get away from new AA batteries every few runs.

Fits right in the battery tray and plugs into the already in place jst plug in the remote. No modifications needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WFWTCLY
Hey TB, hows it goin buddy? Ive got the gt5 n love it. But i got a lipo for it n had some issues. It worked good for a lil while n all of a sudden the truck would go full throttle. Wen it stopped, inpicked tge truck up to investigate n it took off again. It wound my shirt around the tire lol. I went back to AA batts n havent had a problem since
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #216
Gold Star Baby!

Oh man that’s no good, thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep some AA on hand on the trail in case that happens to me.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #217
RCC Addict

I downloaded the manual pdf to see if there was something in the settings that needed changed, but no luck there. Im not sure wat caused it to go stupid, but it did
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:55 AM   #218

I am dragging up an oldie here. Have any of you been able to bind receivers to the GT5 other than the BS6?
Old 01-16-2024, 11:40 AM   #219
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I am dragging up an oldie here. Have any of you been able to bind receivers to the GT5 other than the BS6?
There are a few now. Almost anything with AFHDS 2A Protocol.

FS-BS4 is one of them, and there is a caseless mini one that you can use for micro crawlers too.

Some of the receivers need to do a specific trick to binding them though. The BS6 just requires the bind plug and then turning on the radio while holding the bind button. I don't remember off the top of my head, but the others you have to do the same thing, then turn the radio off and then turn it back on again or something similar to that.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 12:24 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
There are a few now. Almost anything with AFHDS 2A Protocol.

FS-BS4 is one of them, and there is a caseless mini one that you can use for micro crawlers too.

Some of the receivers need to do a specific trick to binding them though. The BS6 just requires the bind plug and then turning on the radio while holding the bind button. I don't remember off the top of my head, but the others you have to do the same thing, then turn the radio off and then turn it back on again or something similar to that.
Good to know! Thank you. Do you remember the part number or have a link to the mini caseless receiver you speak of? That may be nice for a lightweight 1/10th scale build too.

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM