Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2017, 10:37 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
X2, but don't need to fill case with dielectric grease, just making a mess and wasting grease. Grease only needed on plugs if you're really getting everything very wet.
Lol, well the process was started for a boat that regularly had it's electronics fully submerged regularly. The grease I use is more like a stiff gel and it barely rivals a pea in volume. 2.4ghz cases are tiny vs the ancient AM stuff I had as a teen.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Mmmmmmmmm boats!

I wish they would release so more info on this radio, it looks promising, and I just never got the hang of the hacked radios programming.

Last edited by rockhugger; 08-29-2017 at 11:00 PM.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Any chance Flysky sell the FS GT 5 this or next year?

For water proofing i use Wetprotect spray.

Korrosionsschutz für elektrische Anlagen, Auto, Motorrad und Boote

http://shop.wet-protect.de/

http://www.ebay.de/itm/WET-Protect-E...8AAOSw5VtZ7bu7

Last edited by Traildriver; 11-21-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Traildriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

I gave up and just got the FS-i6X 10ch stick radio. My guess is it will share a lot with the FS-i6 6ch, except it looks like ch 5 & 6 are stuck to the 2 big dials on top. Ch 3 is the normal grip button but not sure if ch 4 is going to be software-only such as mixing a 4ws servo. The FS-i6X can map any channel 5-10 to any of the dials/switches which is nice. The GT5 is AFHDS 2A so it can use any Flysky 3/6/8/10ch receiver.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

So it looks like the GT5 is due for release in a little over a week. Redcat's website lists it at $99 but out of stock til Jan 25th. FS-GT5 | Redcat Racing

Flysky also posted the MANUAL about 2 weeks ago. firmware & manuals - flysky

Looks like channel 5 & 6 are dials (near the folding antenna), channel 4 is a 3-pos switch near your thumb, and the 3ch/DR/trim buttons are the same as a GT3.

It has a CRAWLER mix, allowing for 4ws/crab/RWS mixes; you might have to use the menu each time you want to change modes.

It's also going to include a gyro in the included FS-BS6 receiver, but use will eat up channels 5 & 6. It will be using the AFHDS-2A protocol & the goodies that includes. I can't find anything in the manual that lets you change a model memory to AFHDS[1] like my i6X, so GT3B/C users may need to upgrade receivers. I did find a micro 4ch FS2A receiver that would work that's $7, otherwise there's the FS-iA6 & FS-iA6B for $11.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Over at the rc network, he got one in ! https://photos.app.goo.gl/2wavFpMmeFY7Ms3g1
He'll probably do a video on the radio .
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #27

I've been in contact with FlySky trying to get a release date since this radio has been delayed over 6 months. I still haven't gotten an answer. The delay scares me like they possibly had issues. I hope they have them straightened out because this might be my first FlySky radio. I hate the current offerings.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
He'll probably do a video on the radio .
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
That was a good one huh ? Lol
Old 01-17-2018, 06:33 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've been in contact with FlySky trying to get a release date since this radio has been delayed over 6 months. I still haven't gotten an answer. The delay scares me like they possibly had issues. I hope they have them straightened out because this might be my first FlySky radio. I hate the current offerings.
I thought the same thing about the delays, indicating there might have been some bugs to workout. Then I considered a few things:

1.) If they did not rush to market, and take any necassary time to work out any bugs, that's a good thing. Unlike some çompanies that use the customer as the beta tester. I'd much prefer a solid and tested end product.

2.) The Nurbergring toy show was this week in Germany. One of, if not, the largest toy show's in the world seems like a perfect place to unveil a long anticipated peice of hardware.

This news is right up there with traxxas releasing a 2 speeded portal axled selectable lockered crawler (now a kit) whaaaat.

I'm excited to hear the feedback.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

2018 Nuremberg International Toy Fair will begin on Wednesday, January 31 and ends on Sunday, February 4 - remember what stuff was shown last year!

(Traxxas TRX-4 for example...)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

My guess is most of it is problems with the integrated gyro stuff. Adding channels obviously isn't an issue for Flysky, nor are programming the menus.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

For those that don't want to wait, Radiolink has its RC6GS available now. RcMart has it for $70:
RadioLink 2.4GHz 6 Channel Radio Transmitter w/ R6FG Gyro Receiver #RC6GS,
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I thought the same thing about the delays, indicating there might have been some bugs to workout. Then I considered a few things:

1.) If they did not rush to market, and take any necassary time to work out any bugs, that's a good thing. Unlike some çompanies that use the customer as the beta tester. I'd much prefer a solid and tested end product.

2.) The Nurbergring toy show was this week in Germany. One of, if not, the largest toy show's in the world seems like a perfect place to unveil a long anticipated peice of hardware.

This news is right up there with traxxas releasing a 2 speeded portal axled selectable lockered crawler (now a kit) whaaaat.

I'm excited to hear the feedback.
Question Paul, if we already have a hacked GT3C, what advantage would we gain from the GT5? Just wondering?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Redcat racing is a distributor of flysky now
Redcat Racing Now A Distributor For FLYSKY Radios « Big Squid RC – RC Car and Truck News, Reviews, Videos, and More!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Question Paul, if we already have a hacked GT3C, what advantage would we gain from the GT5? Just wondering?
Ernie

(I should shut up, but it does look like we LOSE the lanyard attachment... )

I sorta dig that flip forward and down antenna, tho'!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Ernie
Great question sir

GT3c owners may not have any direct advantage other than ease of programing, and maybe some different or more convenient switch form factors. Plus now I can have a easy to use trx loaner rig.

The fact that this is sub $100. Radio, combined with crawler specific features from a brand that has accumulated a loyal customer following (nothing against radio link) is the biggest advantage in my eyes. With that we gain product support for something engineered vs hacked. I love my hacked radio, but I'll be honest, I only recently became comfortable with it's more advanced programs.

Another advantage to us as a community is for those who have been reluctant to buy hacked or hack their gt3c (cough.. Nate...cough) can now benefit from a affordable, purpose built, user friendly product.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

the radiolink 6Ch mentioned up above is the radio which is shipping with the Traction Cragsman 1/8 crawler.
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 AM   #39

Redcat is now a FlySky dealer and they have the FS-GT5 listed on their site with a price of $99.99 and a release date of 1/25.

FS-GT5 | Redcat Racing
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Glad to see this thing is coming to the market, been waiting for it for awhile now. The only thing I am not crazy about are the pot dials for channels 5/6. i would have much rather seen switches (or maybe buttons that could also be setup for linear control). Its a hard choice right now between this and hacking a GT3C, for me it might come down price at least for now. However in the future I do see myself owning one of these.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM