Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Has anyone taken delivery of one these radios yet? What's the response?

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Found this:

Flysky FS-GT5 2.4G 6CH RC Car Boat Parts Transmitter With FS-BS6 Receiver Built-in Gyro Fail-Safe
https://banggood.app.link/OSRfjEh7mK

I've ordered other Chinese garbage from BG, so as soon as it was there I put in the order. We'll see how it is
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #63

I'm waiting until they get to the US vendors.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Live unboxing https://youtu.be/o_SJgzGtYFQ
Right now...lol

EDIT..... Well it was live, I'm like an hour late...lol

Last edited by Frank211; 02-08-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #65
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
So it looks like the GT5 is due for release in a little over a week.
Oh boy, I might have to buy one. I wonder if they used commercially available parts that I can get datasheets for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've been in contact with FlySky trying to get a release date since this radio has been delayed over 6 months. I still haven't gotten an answer. The delay scares me like they possibly had issues. I hope they have them straightened out because this might be my first FlySky radio. I hate the current offerings.
I don't understand why this one makes you giddy but the GT3C doesn't. It's the exact same grip with a different top. Not a revolutionary change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I thought the same thing about the delays, indicating there might have been some bugs to workout. Then I considered a few things:

1.) If they did not rush to market, and take any necassary time to work out any bugs, that's a good thing. Unlike some çompanies that use the customer as the beta tester. I'd much prefer a solid and tested end product.

2.) The Nurbergring toy show was this week in Germany. One of, if not, the largest toy show's in the world seems like a perfect place to unveil a long anticipated peice of hardware.

This news is right up there with traxxas releasing a 2 speeded portal axled selectable lockered crawler (now a kit) whaaaat.

I'm excited to hear the feedback.
I'm confused, has Flysky somehow turned into a good company that produces quality products?

Quote:
My guess is most of it is problems with the integrated gyro stuff. Adding channels obviously isn't an issue for Flysky, nor are programming the menus.
Um, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Question Paul, if we already have a hacked GT3C, what advantage would we gain from the GT5? Just wondering?
Ernie
Nothing really, the channels and switches are hard coded. If you need a push button, a 3 position switch, and two knobs. Then it would probably work. But it can't control a mix via a switch and you can't do the other cool things the hacked GT3C/B can do with switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
Great question sir

GT3c owners may not have any direct advantage other than ease of programing, and maybe some different or more convenient switch form factors. Plus now I can have a easy to use trx loaner rig.

The fact that this is sub $100. Radio, combined with crawler specific features from a brand that has accumulated a loyal customer following (nothing against radio link) is the biggest advantage in my eyes. With that we gain product support for something engineered vs hacked. I love my hacked radio, but I'll be honest, I only recently became comfortable with it's more advanced programs.

Another advantage to us as a community is for those who have been reluctant to buy hacked or hack their gt3c (cough.. Nate...cough) can now benefit from a affordable, purpose built, user friendly product.

It's auxiliary channels are very limited. It's easy to program because there is nothing to program. Your stuck to a 3 postion switch, a 2 position switch, and two knobs. You can't chose between momentary, or non momentary. You can't control a mix with the switches, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
But as I keep looking at it, I'd rather go in for about 40-45 bucks for the hack kit and 6 channel receiver and modify one of my existing GT3C to try first.

Quote:
I can see why you would want a hacked GT3C, but I personally just can't stand the feel of those radios so I'm going jump on this one when it's available.
This looks like the same handle with some holes in it. How is it going to feel different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Try the Radiolink.
I've been thinking about writing a new firmware for the RC4GS. It uses a STM32 mcu which is something I can work with. But I haven't tried to track down any information beyond that. I've been crazy busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
for me 5~6 channel already more than enough ( or it is just me? )
I have had people ask me for more than 8 channels out of their radios. Almost had one guy convinced to fund a $10k 16ch pistol radio development project but it didn't work out.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:04 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I don't understand why this one makes you giddy but the GT3C doesn't. It's the exact same grip with a different top. Not a revolutionary change.

This looks like the same handle with some holes in it. How is it going to feel different?
Do you know for certain that the handle is the exact same?

Ergonomics are way more than just the handle though.

And I'm more hoping they get their shit firmware fixed in this new transmitter.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #67
RCC Addict

I'm saving this for later.
I own the RC4GS and wouldnt mind getting extra channels for the 2-speed / Aux wire from Mamba X.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #68
RCC Addict

The turnigy Version ist avaiable for 70$ at the Hobbyking global Warehouse.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk
The gt5 is also available for around 75 shipped from a few sellers on ebay as well. So has anyone been able to try it out? Was waiting for some feedback/reviews from the community before buying. Still not sure if it is compatible with the older gt2/3 rx which I have a lot of!

Last edited by littlebuddha; 02-23-2018 at 07:08 AM.
littlebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Found this:

Flysky FS-GT5 2.4G 6CH RC Car Boat Parts Transmitter With FS-BS6 Receiver Built-in Gyro Fail-Safe
https://banggood.app.link/OSRfjEh7mK

I've ordered other Chinese garbage from BG, so as soon as it was there I put in the order. We'll see how it is
It's $110 on that link. I seriously hope you didn't pay that much! They are as low as $90 in the US.

Quote:
Do you mean the TS4G which is a rebranded RadioLink? If so it usually sells for less than $70. It's typically closer to $60.

I don't remember if anybody posted this yet, but here is the manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/22...l_20170914.pdf

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-23-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Do you know for certain that the handle is the exact same?

Ergonomics are way more than just the handle though.

And I'm more hoping they get their shit firmware fixed in this new transmitter.
They already have a 4ch touch-screen version (Fs‑It4s). My brother owns it, and I can assure you it's firmware is far from "shit" lol. They also have put out several firmwares for several of their radios lately, so they do indeed fix problems.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Do you mean the TS4G which is a rebranded RadioLink? If so it usually sells for less than $70. It's typically closer to $60.
No i mean the brand new turnigy gt5 sorry forgot the link
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...iver-gyro.html
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #73

Quote:
No i mean the brand new turnigy gt5 sorry forgot the link
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...iver-gyro.html
Wow! Good find. Too bad it's not in the USA warehouse.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Dang, that GT5 is probably the best 5ch value out there atm. The question remains if you can use them with the older 3ch AFHDS[1] receivers.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #75
RCC Addict

Wanna watch the mini review
https://youtu.be/o8xBC-pTtM8

Last edited by Frank211; 03-02-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:29 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Ordered my GT5 last night.. £55 delivered..ETA April....coming from China
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #77
RCC Addict

What this radio has
https://youtu.be/86VXC0vKghs
All the features, DAMN , honestly, my next radio !
Old 03-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Dang, that GT5 is probably the best 5ch value out there atm. The question remains if you can use them with the older 3ch AFHDS[1] receivers.
My i6X has a setting for each model that lets you choose AFHDS/AFHDS2, so that will let you know if it will or not.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
It's auxiliary channels are very limited. It's easy to program because there is nothing to program. Your stuck to a 3 postion switch, a 2 position switch, and two knobs. You can't chose between momentary, or non momentary. You can't control a mix with the switches, etc.
Good points. For my rig I would have to use the 3-position switch for two-speed shifting, and the menus to change the rear steering mix, where they can simply be assigned one of five different toggle buttons on my DX4C.

I am not sure if it could do an exponential mix on the rear steer mix as the DX4C can provide. If it could, it would reduce how often I would need to change between mixes.

But it would be nice to pull the Mamba X's aux channel out onto its own knob, so the drag brake could be adjusted on the fly etc.

And it would be nice to have access to the gyro function from time to time, and on the spektrum that requires freeing up the 3rd and 4th channels on the rx.

It still looks like a bargain, but you really need to buy the radio that fits your needs. Maybe they will offer an updated version next year.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #80
RCC Addict

https://youtu.be/gYcad8J3pVc
More on the features ??!!

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM