Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I'm going to order a dev board to start getting familiar with the mcu but it'll be at least a year before I'll have any sort of firmware developed.
That's great to hear you're going to give it a try. Their stick radios can change between AFHDS & AFHDS 2A, so I can't see it being impossible. It would also be cool to see it become an 8ch or 10ch radio. I'm curious if the chip used is shared with the GT3, i6, i6X, or iT4 - that would really help hacking if it was the first two.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2018, 03:19 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Anybody swap 5 and 6 channel rotary knobs for a 2 position switch?
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:56 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

I ordered in a cheap turnigy IA6B and it worked fine with my GT5, just no working gyro with it. Works well on the BS6 though...
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 PM   #104

The more I think about this controller the more I have a hard time choosing it over the Spektrum DX5C. Besides the lack of the sixth channel, can anybody that owns these two radios compare them?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The more I think about this controller the more I have a hard time choosing it over the Spektrum DX5C. Besides the lack of the sixth channel, can anybody that owns these two radios compare them?
If you are averse to hacking and gyros, the DX5C makes more sense. On my DX4C you can assign channel and channel type (toggle/linear) to various buttons, to personal taste. There are more options for mixing, and mixes can be toggled from the assignable buttons. However, if you like gyros, the DX5C is only really a 3-channel radio.

I did design an external circuit that would allow the two channels on the Spektrum to be toggled between servos and AVC, but I don't care enough for AVC to build and waterproof it, or want to spend the cash to have Al from Heyok build it for me (he is local to me) and to have to make room for it in the truck.

But, if I were to try this radio out....
- aux channel 3 Rear steer
- aux channel 5 2-speed shift (with a knob - but works as a visual indicator )
- aux channel 6 Mamba X Aux wire for the rock racer-crawler-toggle/drag brake adjustment.

But, having just pulled the trigger on a 3D printer, it really should wait.

How were you planning to use the aux channels?
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
If you are averse to hacking and gyros, the DX5C makes more sense. On my DX4C you can assign channel and channel type (toggle/linear) to various buttons, to personal taste. There are more options for mixing, and mixes can be toggled from the assignable buttons. However, if you like gyros, the DX5C is only really a 3-channel radio.

I did design an external circuit that would allow the two channels on the Spektrum to be toggled between servos and AVC, but I don't care enough for AVC to build and waterproof it, or want to spend the cash to have Al from Heyok build it for me (he is local to me) and to have to make room for it in the truck.

- aux channel 6 Mamba X Aux wire for the rock racer-crawler-toggle/drag brake adjustment.

I typically use 2 channels or 3 at most. But I'm going to install a Mamba X in my TRX-4 at some point so the stock transmitter won't work. I believe I'll need a total of 5 channels for the TRX-4 with a Mamba X so I can use all of the TRX-4 features as well as the Auxiliary wire on the ESC.

I don't use gyros, traction control, ABS, etc.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Im planning on using channel 3 for 4WS. I then use channel 4 for 1st 2nd and DIG as its a 3 position jobbie so easy to see the gear. Then channel 5 is aux on the mamba and 6 I'm thinking about a winch at some point.
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I typically use 2 channels or 3 at most. But I'm going to install a Mamba X in my TRX-4 at some point so the stock transmitter won't work. I believe I'll need a total of 5 channels for the TRX-4 with a Mamba X so I can use all of the TRX-4 features as well as the Auxiliary wire on the ESC.

I don't use gyros, traction control, ABS, etc.
And you don't have to use open diffs if you don't want to.

Going with the stock TRX-4 radio, have you considered connecting the Mamba's Aux wire in parallel with the shift servo?

Or in parallel with the diff lock servos? Or, leave the diffs locked and use that channel for the aux wire?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I've looked and looked again, that radio just isn't squeezing my lemon for some reason.

I was hoping Spektrum would do a DX6C. Not sure why they did a 5C
I would guess that they don't want to steal sales away from their fancy 6ch system.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #110

Quote:
And you don't have to use open diffs if you don't want to.

Going with the stock TRX-4 radio, have you considered connecting the Mamba's Aux wire in parallel with the shift servo?

Or in parallel with the diff lock servos? Or, leave the diffs locked and use that channel for the aux wire?
I like open diffs. Adds to the challenge. So, at this point, I definitely want that option.

I have thought about doing that with the Auxiliary wire.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #111

I bought the Turnigy GT5 from HobbyKing. I also bought FS-A3 receivers and they will not bind? Any ideas why?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I bought the Turnigy GT5 from HobbyKing. I also bought FS-A3 receivers and they will not bind? Any ideas why?
Odd, the slow blink is usually when people use the wrong pins to bind (3rd instead of 4th on 3ch). Maybe try this method:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=19
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
Odd, the slow blink is usually when people use the wrong pins to bind (3rd instead of 4th on 3ch). Maybe try this method:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&postcount=19
I have tried that method. After cycling the power the receiver loses the bind after 10 seconds or so and never regains it.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #114

Anybody else?
Old 05-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Is it just that receiver?
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:58 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Is it just that receiver?
No. I have the stock, 6-channel receiver which works fine. I also bought an FS-iA4B which works fine. Then I have four (4) FS-A3 receivers. None of the FS-A3 receivers will bind.

Without an inexpensive receiver option this radio isn't a good buy. If I can't figure this out it's getting sold for a DX5C.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No. I have the stock, 6-channel receiver which works fine. I also bought an FS-iA4B which works fine. Then I have four (4) FS-A3 receivers. None of the FS-A3 receivers will bind.

Without an inexpensive receiver option this radio isn't a good buy. If I can't figure this out it's getting sold for a DX5C.
How much do those FS-A3 run for?

I know you don't need 6 channels, but some guy mentioned $11-14 iA6B receivers. If those work, then I'm good and still considering this system.

Anything more than $15 a receiver, then I might as well stick with the GT3C.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
How much do those FS-A3 run for?

I know you don't need 6 channels, but some guy mentioned $11-14 iA6B receivers. If those work, then I'm good and still considering this system.

Anything more than $15 a receiver, then I might as well stick with the GT3C.
The FS-A3 receivers are under $10 a piece coming from China. That's another thing with this transmitter - it's tough to find receivers in the US.

The stock, 6-channel receivers are $40!

I might try the iA6B, but at this point I'm not convinced it's going to bind to this radio so I'll save my money until I know for sure.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Check this link:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/For-FS-GT5-FS...IAAOSwRN5a~ige
Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taper View Post
That pricing is a little better. around $20 or so.

The other thing that I think would annoy me are the holes in the handle. My ring and pinky finger would be around that area.

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM