Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2018, 06:56 AM   #141

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Ok, i am confused now, i have read people saying the fs-a3 receiver work with the GT5, plus the manual also says that in page 7 , so anybody have one and can actually verify if these radios indeed bind to the older receivers, i have plans on getting one, but i have about 20 of my cars on the older receivers on hacked gt-3b and dont feel like spending so much money on updating receivers.

link to the manual, maybe i am not uderstanding correctly page 7?

http://www.flysky-cn.com/downloadRep...98bd31fec5.pdf
Yep, the manual says the FS-A3 receivers will work, but I haven't gotten them to work on my HobbyKing version of the GT-5. I know other people have also tried and have failed at getting these receivers to work. In fact, I've only read one comment on the internet that claims the receivers work fine with the GT5. When people replied to him looking for proof he, of course, was silent and never responded again.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2018, 07:05 AM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

wow that sucks, i saw another guy and yourself doing a momentary bind and loose the bind after 15 seconds? how is that even possible? i thought if the protocol was different they shouldn't bind at all. I probably am getting one anyways and start getting couple extra receivers at time later on.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #143

Quote:
wow that sucks, i saw another guy and yourself doing a momentary bind and loose the bind after 15 seconds? how is that even possible? i thought if the protocol was different they shouldn't bind at all. I probably am getting one anyways and start getting couple extra receivers at time later on.
Yeah I've got it to temporarily bind myself. But only temporary. It always times out.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #144
RCC Addict

Manual states the rx/tx is already binded, should i rebind it to be on the safe side, or let it be until i have a problem?
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yeah I've got it to temporarily bind myself. But only temporary. It always times out.
Mmm.. i wonder if there is a step that isn't illustrated on the manual as to complete the binding procedure...
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:14 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Manual states the rx/tx is already binded, should i rebind it to be on the safe side, or let it be until i have a problem?
No need. If it works it's bound. Only re-bind if you have issues.

Quote:
Mmm.. i wonder if there is a step that isn't illustrated on the manual as to complete the binding procedure...
Possibly, but that would be odd. I think it's something in the firmware forcing you to buy the newer, more expensive receivers. The good thing is they have come down to around $15.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #147
Quarry Creeper

Had anyone successfully used one of the channels to turn on/off a lighting system?

I have a Trx-4 with the original Traxxas light kit and have the connector plugged into channel 4. I was hoping the three way switch would work with turning the lights on and off but it doesn't seem to. Any tips?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #148
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
Had anyone successfully used one of the channels to turn on/off a lighting system?

I have a Trx-4 with the original Traxxas light kit and have the connector plugged into channel 4. I was hoping the three way switch would work with turning the lights on and off but it doesn't seem to. Any tips?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapawel
If you mean the single red wire connector then it's connected to a positive rail on the receiver which means it's fed a constant voltage when the receiver has power regardless of switch position.

Personally I don't know exactly how the signal pin in the receiver works but I imagine changing the red wire to the this pin won't work either because it probably outputs the wrong type of voltage signal.

The idea behind the red wire is that the lights are fed from the battery in parallel with the ESC and the red wire signals the LEDs to turn off when the ESC is switched off even though the battery might still be connected to the ESC by removing it's voltage signal completely. You need some sort of a relay or switch connected from the receiver because the power and signal pins on the receiver always output some sort of voltage

I hope this makes some sort of sense, it looks like you would need another piece of electronics connected to the receiver. If you find an answer or an electronic item to do this, I would be interested as well although I have that switch connected to my aux ESC write at the moment and so have no spare channels

Last edited by niro750; 11-22-2018 at 11:42 PM.
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #149
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by niro750 View Post
You need some sort of a relay or switch connected from the receiver because the power and signal pins on the receiver always output some sort of voltage

I hope this makes some sort of sense, it looks like you would need another piece of electronics connected to the receiver.
This seems to be the answer.

I did find a few videos on YouTube talking about a turnigy Receiver switch that appears to do what I want. If I get my hands on one I will most definitely try it out.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #150
Rock Stacker

Quote:
This seems to be the answer.

I did find a few videos on YouTube talking about a turnigy Receiver switch that appears to do what I want. If I get my hands on one I will most definitely try it out.

Keep us updated!
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:00 AM   #151
RCC Addict

Heyok has a setup for that. Im lookin at gettin one. Pretty inexpensive i think. Ive got a few ideas in my head to throw at him as well. I was goina use my ch3 for lights, but would like to use ch4. They i could possibly have dims n brites with light bar

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

https://www.asiatees.com/article?Fly...er-Set&id=2974

Might have to check one of these out when available to see how it compares with hacked GT3C's and GT3B's.
its aa great all in one remote 29 rc memory 4 wheel steer option and every channel is programmable

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
danehall808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:40 AM   #153

Quote:

I have a remote light switch and FPV switch on my Crawler setup.

I used a "Turnigy Receiver Controlled Switch" for both my lights and FPV camera on Ch4. Mine is wired a bit differently as I wired it to an RX port instead of directly to the battery to limit the voltage to 6v, I'll try to remember to take a picture tonight.

My FPV cam is also setup on a custom 2 servo pan tilt using Ch5 and Ch6 to move it around, wish this Tx had a sim port where I could setup head tracking but alas that is first world problems for me
QueadlunnRau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #154
RCC Addict

This is the battery i bought for it

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

Has anyone bought a FlySky FS-NB4? That radio looks pretty darn good for under $200. Comparable to radios $500 plus. Just wish it was 6 channel not 4.
VaOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaOldSchool View Post
Has anyone bought a FlySky FS-NB4? That radio looks pretty darn good for under $200. Comparable to radios $500 plus. Just wish it was 6 channel not 4.

One here's the thread on it FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip

2 you might be able to run other receivers with it.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:42 PM   #157
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
One here's the thread on it FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip

2 you might be able to run other receivers with it.

Awesome thanks Frank! That thing looks stunning for the money and the fact that its not based on Android is awesome imo. And wow 16-18 channels?!?! That would be something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #158

Cool Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKSGW3D...detail_4?psc=1
Quote:

BashNSlash,
Try this one switch from amazon. I use it on CH 3 OR CH 4. This thing is only $12 and works great with the FS-GT5. I use it to turn on my light bar on my Rock Rey. Hope this helps.
CreepJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:59 AM   #159
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepJeep View Post

BashNSlash,

Try this one switch from amazon. I use it on CH 3 OR CH 4. This thing is only $12 and works great with the FS-GT5. I use it to turn on my light bar on my Rock Rey. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I ended up using. My wireless rc4wd remote with the trx4 kit and it works well - independent, wireless control of the lights.

But I'll keep the switch in mind for my next project, since I still want an option that'll work with the rc radio only.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #160
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thank you. I ended up using. My wireless rc4wd remote with the trx4 kit and it works well - independent, wireless control of the lights.

But I'll keep the switch in mind for my next project, since I still want an option that'll work with the rc radio only.

I just got that same kit for my TRX4 lights. How did you power the control box? Haven’t done any install research yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM