Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #181
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

I am loving this controller with my Sport TRX4. Did any of you figure a good way to add some lights?
So far with the Hobbywing 1080 esc, I think I am just going to have to solder in a JST plug to the esc power wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aqualungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #182
RCC Addict

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
I am loving this controller with my Sport TRX4. Did any of you figure a good way to add some lights?
So far with the Hobbywing 1080 esc, I think I am just going to have to solder in a JST plug to the esc power wires.

Yeah use a JST plug on the ESC wire
Then a light controller to have the On/Off on the radio

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #183
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Yeah use a JST plug on the ESC wire
Then a light controller to have the On/Off on the radio

Sounds good. What’s the best way to tap into the esc wired with a XT60? Do the connectors slide apart?

Old 11-02-2019, 08:59 PM   #184
RCC Addict

Yea you should be able to slide the black protector and access the wires.

Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:06 AM   #185
Quarry Creeper

Added a MyTrickRC light kit. All the lights work, but the remote wire goes to channel 3 does not toggle the lights on and off. I tried 4, and only a light blinks in the Dragon unit. It seems to be getting something but is not toggling the lights. They just stay on? Are the any settings on the GT5 to make the switch work?
Old 11-16-2019, 04:25 AM   #186
RCC Addict

Quote:
Added a MyTrickRC light kit. All the lights work, but the remote wire goes to channel 3 does not toggle the lights on and off. I tried 4, and only a light blinks in the Dragon unit. It seems to be getting something but is not toggling the lights. They just stay on? Are the any settings on the GT5 to make the switch work?
Are you using the AUX output? Cause as i understand the instructions the switch is used to toggle this output.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:43 AM   #187
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Are you using the AUX output? Cause as i understand the instructions the switch is used to toggle this output.

That’s weird. I’m trying to use channel 3 and that’s in the receiver box. The instructions for the light kit has both plugs going to the receiver box.
Are you talking about the aux on the esc that you use when programming?

Old 11-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #188
Quarry Creeper

The red plug is switch control. The Black next to it is drive control.

Old 11-16-2019, 09:58 PM   #189
Quarry Creeper

I guess you have to use channel 4. 3 is on and off only and there’s no customization that I could find to change how the switch works. The lights have 3 intensity settings, So for each mode low, medium, to high, that switch has to move 3x to go to the next mode. Glad I don’t have to use the manual button on the truck now lol.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #190

I am wanting to try this radio for use with a Tamiya Bruiser and the HG-P407 Brusier clone as i have had great luck with Flysky's FT3c.

Can anyone tell me if the channel 4 3 position switch is adjustable with EPA?
mikem65d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #191

so what is the verdict with using the FS-A3 receiver? still no go? i only saw this thread now...
just ordered 6 FS-A3's because the manual states its compatible...
MockTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
Modified my TX to use a 950mah 2s lipo.

Perfect
mikem65d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #193

Has anybody tried running 3S through this FS-B6 receiver?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #194
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Has anybody tried running 3S through this FS-B6 receiver?

3s in the truck, yes. I have the 1080 running at 7.4 volts. Savox 1210sg running at 7.4 volts, and a Dragon Light Kit l, that used ch4 to turn to lights, bright lights low , bright lights med, bright lights high.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #195
Rock Stacker

Quote:
On channel 3, you have to double click it to change the light setting 1 step.

Blinking light on the dragon - what style of blink? If it's a faster, repeating flash that's the low power warning.
SlidePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #196
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidePanda View Post
On channel 3, you have to double click it to change the light setting 1 step.

Blinking light on the dragon - what style of blink? If it's a faster, repeating flash that's the low power warning.

Oh nice! I will try that. I feel like I’m throwing a switch for dynamite on Channel 4

Old 11-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #197
Rock Stacker

The dragon looks for 0-100 as a button press, then it needs to get back to 0 signal before it’ll take another input. So one press gets from zero to 100. But then you need than 2nd click on the radio to get back to zero.

What the channel 4 rocker you’d need to go through all the positions twice to equal the two channel 3 button clicks.

If you set the Tx display to the channel output you can see where they are. Only 0 or 100 matter to the dragon.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #198
Quarry Creeper

Default New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidePanda View Post
The dragon looks for 0-100 as a button press, then it needs to get back to 0 signal before it’ll take another input. So one press gets from zero to 100. But then you need than 2nd click on the radio to get back to zero.

What the channel 4 rocker you’d need to go through all the positions twice to equal the two channel 3 button clicks.

If you set the Tx display to the channel output you can see where they are. Only 0 or 100 matter to the dragon.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll try that, it wouldn’t do anything for me on channel 3 when I tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Old 11-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #199
Quarry Creeper

Maybe channel 3 is not working on my transmitter? It doesn’t seem to do anything. Is there an adjustment or a setting not toggled on that I am missing?

Old 11-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #200
Rock Stacker

Easy to test - plug the steering into Ch 3 (or a spare servo) and toggle ch 3. That servo should go from one lock to the other with one push, and then back with a 2nd push of the button

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM