RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/584145-new-flysky-controller-flysky-fs-gt5-6-channel-transmitter-fs-gi6-receiver-set.html)

soze 05-03-2017 04:43 PM

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

https://www.asiatees.com/article?Fly...er-Set&id=2974

Might have to check one of these out when available to see how it compares with hacked GT3C's and GT3B's.

calcagno45 05-03-2017 04:45 PM

Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Early June available. Should be interesting.

cartronicshn 05-03-2017 04:55 PM

Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

nice"thumbsup"

shiftauto 07-11-2017 10:54 AM

Can't find a price for this thing. Is it available yet?

magic_yeti 07-11-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiftauto (Post 5726552)
Can't find a price for this thing. Is it available yet?

Estimated MSRP at $89 USD.:mrgreen: hidden in the text8)

shiftauto 07-11-2017 12:27 PM

Ha! Right in front of my face and didn't see it. Thx magic

JatoTheRipper 07-11-2017 12:29 PM

Much better looking than their other stuff. The up or down antenna is odd. LOL

I wouldn't buy it at $90, but I might bite if it sells for less.

Natedog 08-28-2017 11:54 AM

Very interesting! Hurry up FlySky!!! 8)

Ditchrat 08-28-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5726583)
Much better looking than their other stuff. The up or down antenna is odd. LOL

I wouldn't buy it at $90, but I might bite if it sells for less.

Why would that be? Is there something better at that price point, or fairly close to it?

JatoTheRipper 08-28-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5742989)
Why would that be? Is there something better at that price point, or fairly close to it?

Two reasons.
1. My experiences with FlySky have not been good and I hate the cheap feel of their current radios.
2. I have way too many radios (from high end to RTR) so it would be silly for me to spend $90 on another unless this thing is just great and it replaced my Turnigy TS4G. I use mid-range radios on the trail because of the mishaps that can happen out in nature. Slippery rocks have a way of downing the human faster than an oil slick. :lmao:

magic_yeti 08-28-2017 01:38 PM

i love my hacked gt3b but have it factory made why not would give it a try and see what mods can be done to get it enhanced. if i can get hand on for that price i will do. (or hack another gt3b/c for my t-rex :mrgreen: )

Ditchrat 08-28-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_yeti (Post 5743020)
i love my hacked gt3b but have it factory made why not would give it a try and see what mods can be done to get it enhanced. if i can get hand on for that price i will do. (or hack another gt3b/c for my t-rex :mrgreen: )

Kind of where I am at right now. I need a 3rd ch for the transmission, 4th to run a canon turret, 5th for a winch and I would like to run a 6th for a rear winch. For the price point I am not sure how many options are out there.

nedmo 08-28-2017 10:14 PM

damn I just want that waterproof receiver for my hacked gt3b. I am sick of replacing balloons.

Natedog 08-28-2017 10:16 PM

Brush or spray on conformal coating is cheap and easy. Do it yourself. :)

nedmo 08-28-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5743212)
Brush or spray on conformal coating is cheap and easy. Do it yourself. :)

I was thinking of doing a full put of the bottom half of the case!

Do you spray the board with conformal and putback in the casE?

Natedog 08-28-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5743213)
spray the board with conformal and putback in the casE?

This. Do couple coats, it's like painting. MG Chemicals is one brand I've used before.

Hydrocarbon92 08-29-2017 08:44 AM

I'd get this if I didn't also need a stick radio. The FS-i6x is 10ch ready and $55 or less. My guess is $65-75 street price based on their other radios. It looks to use AFHDS 2A, so it can connect to any Flysky receiver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5743213)
I was thinking of doing a full put of the bottom half of the case!

Do you spray the board with conformal and putback in the casE?

It gets brushed on like paint: I put 2 layers on then fill the case with dielectric grease. Much lighter than a full potting and you can still pull them apart. I had one that didn't like 8.4v and I was able to replace a tantalum cap on it w/o issue. You can get the MG Chem acrylic or urethane from Amazon for $16. The later is best IMO, fuel proof and lasts longer in the bottle vs acrylic. Silicone isn't better for our application, people are simply used to silicone+RC.

JatoTheRipper 08-29-2017 09:02 AM

So much for an "early June" release... Who are they - HPI?

Natedog 08-29-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 (Post 5743325)
It gets brushed on like paint: I put 2 layers on then fill the case with dielectric grease. Much lighter than a full potting and you can still pull them apart. I had one that didn't like 8.4v and I was able to replace a tantalum cap on it w/o issue. You can get the MG Chem acrylic or urethane from Amazon for $16. The later is best IMO, fuel proof and lasts longer in the bottle vs acrylic. Silicone isn't better for our application, people are simply used to silicone+RC.

X2, but don't need to fill case with dielectric grease, just making a mess and wasting grease. Grease only needed on plugs if you're really getting everything very wet. "thumbsup"

Arctic Cat ZRT 08-29-2017 10:57 AM

My Unimog needs some more channels (already got all 4 used on my DX4 and can easily fill another 2), so many possibilities... going to get this once it is available. Like the fact that the transmitter is Plain Jane. Can't stand the over the top design of their other radios.