Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CC Mamba X (white) aux wire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CC Mamba X (white) aux wire

From what I'm seeing in the castle link it looks like you can program that aux wire to do a number of things. In my case I want to make a button on my transmitter select drag brake on and off. I programmed the aux setting in Castle Link to be for drag brake, and plugged the aux wire into channel 3. But pressing my channel 3 button does nothing. Will this feature work with my 3 channel Spektrum transmitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishcharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: CC Mamba X (white) aux wire

I know it works on a DX4C. There is 3 modes for each of the AUX ports on the transmitter. 2p, 3p, and Lin. 2p and 3p stand for 2 and 3 position. Lin stands for linear.

In 2p mode, pressing the button one way will set the output to 1.0ms and pressing the other way will set the output to 2.0ms.
In 3p mode, pressing the button up and down with move it between 3 values, 1.0ms, 1.5ms, and 2ms.
In lin mode, pressing the button up and down will move it between something like 100 values in between 1.0ms and 2.0ms.

The ESC reads the ms of the pulse on the port to determine the setting value to use. Anything below 1.1ms will be 0%, anything above 1.9ms will be 100%, and the value will linearly scale for any value between 1.1ms and 1.9ms. So 3p mode will give you 0%, 50%, and 100% drag brake.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Wow man you talk like the instructions. Yes that's what I have the DX4C. Guess I'm just having trouble figuring out they, and now you are saying. So is it the button at my thumb on the receiver I should be hitting? Does it need programmed? Or does it automatically point to channel 3 when depressed?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You have to go to the menu, go to the switch submenu, and then set switch E to Aux1 2P.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sweet! Thank you. Now that I understand and should be able to do. So E equals the thumb switch? And what does 2p give me? Is it basically on/off of the drag brake at 0 or 100%?

Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yes, E is the thumb switch. If you look close they are marked on the plastic of the radio. A-D are the 4 switches around the wheel, and E is the thumb switch.

2p will give you 0 or 100%
3p will give you 0, 50, or 100%
Old 06-08-2017, 03:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcharger View Post
Sweet! Thank you. Now that I understand and should be able to do. So E equals the thumb switch? And what does 2p give me? Is it basically on/off of the drag brake at 0 or 100%?

Not to complicate matters, but you're not locked into just 0% and 100%; there is setting you can adjust on the transmitter to change the drag brake percentage in each position.

You can adjust the Travel value on the Aux channel to change the Drag brake % in each position. By default the Travel values are at 100% for H and 100% for L; this will cause the drag brake to be at 0% or 100%.

Lowering the H value will reduce the drag brake percentage from 100% to a lower value; decreasing the L value will increase the drag brake from 0% to a higher value.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Thomas Porfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Sooo I could splice the white wire into my transmission 2p shift servo white wire if I set the setting correct so high gear is no drag and low gear has drag? Not trying to threadjack but I believe the original question is answered fully. Thanks
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Sooo I could splice the white wire into my transmission 2p shift servo white wire if I set the setting correct so high gear is no drag and low gear has drag? Not trying to threadjack but I believe the original question is answered fully. Thanks
In theory it works great; low speed gear @ 100% drag brag and high speed gear @ 0% drag brake. But from experience there has been an issue in some setups, in particular the Traxxas Summit. It comes down the direction the servo needs to operate for high/low vs the signal the Aux wire needs for 0%/100% drag.

In the Summit the signal required to move the servo to high gear is the signal the ESC is expecting for 100% drag brake; and the signal needed for low gear puts in the ESC at 0% drag brake. Exactly opposite of what you want. Reversing the radio signal doesn't help and there's no way to change the signal for the Aux wire. The only solution I can figure out is to reverse the signal in the radio, so the Aux wire drag brake works correctly; then use a servo reverser between the receiver and servo so it flips the signal.

This may not be an issue for your particular setup; but if it's an issue I'm up for any other workarounds. We've put in a feature request to add a signal reverse setting for the Aux wire; but that's lower on the engineering priority list at the moment.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Thomas Porfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #10
RCC Addict

My intention is on the trx4. Mines still awaiting shipment but I have a sensored castle motor and mamba X esc waiting new in box for it to arrive. I appreciate the detailed reply it helps to understand how this new option works. My first X esc. I use my pc for setting up the castle esc's. This thread all together helped me get how the new feature works.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

With my Holmes on 100% drag "Holmes hold" (which is amazing for brushed setups), in low it's perfect and when I shift it into high, I simply give the throttle trim a nudge. This basically gives me 0 drag brake.

Best of luck!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
excabswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
Yes, E is the thumb switch. If you look close they are marked on the plastic of the radio. A-D are the 4 switches around the wheel, and E is the thumb switch.

2p will give you 0 or 100%
3p will give you 0, 50, or 100%

Thanks so much for the help. I'm really happen with the setup up and it works great. Now I need to get a MX for my Bomber.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I love this set up. I use Mamba X's Rock race/crawler mode for aux 1 on the Sr410 reciever. Have it set on 3p for the thumb mounted "E" button. Works wonders switching from trail riding to coming across some technical inlined stuff.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:36 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Porfert View Post
In theory it works great; low speed gear @ 100% drag brag and high speed gear @ 0% drag brake. But from experience there has been an issue in some setups, in particular the Traxxas Summit. It comes down the direction the servo needs to operate for high/low vs the signal the Aux wire needs for 0%/100% drag.

In the Summit the signal required to move the servo to high gear is the signal the ESC is expecting for 100% drag brake; and the signal needed for low gear puts in the ESC at 0% drag brake. Exactly opposite of what you want. Reversing the radio signal doesn't help and there's no way to change the signal for the Aux wire. The only solution I can figure out is to reverse the signal in the radio, so the Aux wire drag brake works correctly; then use a servo reverser between the receiver and servo so it flips the signal.

This may not be an issue for your particular setup; but if it's an issue I'm up for any other workarounds. We've put in a feature request to add a signal reverse setting for the Aux wire; but that's lower on the engineering priority list at the moment.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Putting the reverse feature in the settings would be nice. Having just got rid of the external BEC I'm not eager to add another lump (a servo reverser) into the receiver box.

Fortunately, in my home-brew Axial project I had the space to flip the horn to the other side of the servo, mechanically reversing the shifter to correspond with the rock racer/crawler modes.

There is still the hassle of having to disconnect the servo link to trim the transmitter endpoints to get the aux wire to trigger properly, and then go back and mechanically trim the shift servo linkage, but I don't expect to do that often, and that is a price I'll happily pay to get this overall functionality.
DavidH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Wow man you talk like the instructions. Yes that's what I have the DX4C. Guess I'm just having trouble figuring out they, and now you are saying. So is it the button at my thumb on the receiver I should be hitting? Does it need programmed? Or does it automatically point to channel 3 when depressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
You have to go to the menu, go to the switch submenu, and then set switch E to Aux1 2P.
OK so I have this same controller and am trying to set it up the way you describe above but I dont have the option to switch E to aux1 2p. mine goes through st th ross and priorty
raddad1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

You need to make sure none of your other switches (buttons A-D) are set to aux1. If so, just change that switch to something else freeing up the aux1 option for the E switch.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You need to make sure none of your other switches (buttons A-D) are set to aux1. If so, just change that switch to something else freeing up the aux1 option for the E switch.

Nothing is set to any aux on a-d. still have no aux. I must be missing something, doesn't help that I lost the manual for the remote lol
Old 09-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Hmm. That's all I've got sorry.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hmm. That's all I've got sorry.

It's all good bro thank you for your help. If I can ever help let me know
Old 09-02-2017, 12:32 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddad1975 View Post
Nothing is set to any aux on a-d. still have no aux. I must be missing something, doesn't help that I lost the manual for the remote lol
loosing the manual is no prob today
https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
just a little googleing
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote

CC Mamba X (white) aux wire - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ESC white wire, and wiring help. ThumperK15 Electronics 18 01-05-2012 07:41 AM
white wire sheedy126 Electronics 2 07-09-2009 03:30 PM
cut the red wire on the mamba max madmax412 Electronics 3 03-21-2009 08:23 PM
Wire Mamba Max to Pulse 21.5 xerocomm Electronics 8 02-27-2009 12:31 PM
Replacing motor wire on a mamba max metomwhou Electronics 2 04-27-2008 12:13 AM