Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tactic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Tactic

Hey folks, I bought a reasonably priced steering servo for my Ascender. It's a Tactic TSX55. I haven't installed it or even opened the package. Before I go any further with it, I'm wondering have any of you folks tried Tactic servos. What's your opinions on them. Taking into consideration that this servo isn't the most awesome or probably the perfect match for a scale truck, but I did need something to put back on the truck til I order a more stronger/faster servo. All input and opinions are appreciated in advance.

Last edited by B-RadRC; 06-14-2017 at 10:01 PM.
B-RadRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RadRC View Post
Hey folks, I bought a reasonably priced steering servo for my Ascender. It's a Tactic TSX55. I haven't installed it or even opened the package. Before I go any further with it, I'm wondering have any of you folks tried Tactic servos. What's your opinions on them. Taking into consideration that this servo isn't the most awesome or probably the perfect match for a scale truck, but I did need something to put back on the truck til I order a more stronger/faster servo. All input and opinions are appreciated in advance.

For a 200 oz torque servo, it is a bare bones unit. For a crawler your definitely gonna out grow that quick and want more torque. I have a Yeti 1/10 scale and have a 400oz servo in it and I dont even crawl with it. If you have the coin I would definitely buy up from that. Just my opinion.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I am definitely will look into these ProModeler servos if I ever needed to upgrade

I like the ProModeler's website, especially on the about us: About Us
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

There are certainly better servos out there than the TSX55, but will certainly get you by until you are ready to upgrade. For just about any scaler the minimum torque you want is 200oz (TSX55 is 203 @ 6VDC), and metal gears, this servo has both. As long as you do not put bigger tires on your rig, it should serve you pretty well. If you go to bigger tires then you REALLY want to look at something like the Promodeler V4.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #5
RCC Addict

It will get you by until the gear breaks and you carry it to the truck. Should last 20 or 30 minutes.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I used a TSX55 all last summer w/o probs, half on an Everest 10 then on the front of my Wraith. The E10 had "Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper 2.2", the Wraith was first stock then the Pro-Line tires. I only upgraded because it was a bit slow, but has plenty of power for a trail truck. If you abuse servos or think anything above 0.10sec is slow, then upgrade soon.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redemon View Post
Promodeler V4
There are two threads about this servo.
They are awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
There are certainly better servos out there than the TSX55, but will certainly get you by until you are ready to upgrade. For just about any scaler the minimum torque you want is 200oz (TSX55 is 203 @ 6VDC), and metal gears, this servo has both. As long as you do not put bigger tires on your rig, it should serve you pretty well. If you go to bigger tires then you REALLY want to look at something like the Promodeler V4.
Not being an editor or anything lol, but its technically the V5 now.

The Tactic Tsx55 sounds great and all for the price and I hope it works out good for your needs but if and when it does fail on you, I too recommend the ProModeler S470 (V5). So far its proven worthy in some serious hang-up's, a decent tumble and stays centered after. Well worth the $99 and not having to worry about scoping out a new servo everytime a problem arises.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I have a Tactic that did service in my Bomber for 4 months and it's now been in a Yeti for 3 more.

I had one going perfectly in an SCX10 for 5 months until the chassis rail bashed through the servo wire so it's in the box waiting to get repaired.

Not the faster or strongest but they have some major miles/hours on them without failure.
CoolRunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Good cheap servos. I ran a pair of tsx57's on my R1. Metal geared, not bad, but weak. No issue about the PM 470. Unbelievable quality

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for you opinions and input. I do plan on upgrading to a much stronger/faster servo. I assume that this should be ok for some light crawling. At least til it breaks. Lol
B-RadRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
I used a TSX55 all last summer w/o probs, half on an Everest 10 then on the front of my Wraith. The E10 had "Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper 2.2", the Wraith was first stock then the Pro-Line tires. I only upgraded because it was a bit slow, but has plenty of power for a trail truck. If you abuse servos or think anything above 0.10sec is slow, then upgrade soon.

Tsx55 is rated 0.21sec@6v

.10 is not had on cheap servos.

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I don't know the actual
Specs of the MG996 servo but it's really cheap and I've been told it has great tourque at a good voltage. I have an ascender and the factory esc doesn't put quite enough voltage to it to make it a powerhouse but it is fast and will turn through most things at dead stop unless it's trying to move the whole truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Killerbyrd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbyrd14 View Post
I don't know the actual
Specs of the MG996 servo but it's really cheap and I've been told it has great tourque at a good voltage. I have an ascender and the factory esc doesn't put quite enough voltage to it to make it a powerhouse but it is fast and will turn through most things at dead stop unless it's trying to move the whole truck.

11kg @ .15 @6v

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
11kg @ .15 @6v

Hang up and Drive

Is that 11kg at 6v ? What is that in ounces and is that good?

Killerbyrd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

152oz, good for shift servo

Hang up and Drive

Tactic - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tactic 70/30 setting? toka100 Axial SCX10 II 0 05-13-2017 07:58 PM
Tactic servo PileDriver Axial SCX-10 32 12-19-2015 10:17 AM