Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Radiolink tx/rx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #21

Default Re: Radiolink tx/rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
They've got a 6-channel version out too!
Where did you see that one?

Spektrum just released a 5-channel radio that seems to be great for scalers. The receivers are the killer though. I guess it's the razor blade concept here.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM5110
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Where did you see that one?

Spektrum just released a 5-channel radio that seems to be great for scalers. The receivers are the killer though. I guess it's the razor blade concept here.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM5110
It comes with that 8th scale crawler from traction hobbies https://youtu.be/-iCTUrS7lV0 its in the vid
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
It comes with that 8th scale crawler from traction hobbies https://youtu.be/-iCTUrS7lV0 its in the vid
It's also directly available from Asiatee, ships in november 2017

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
They literally stuck two toggle switches on the existing case. Horrible execution.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Well, you can run lights or locking diffs on the switches and servos on the other 2 channels.

It's not the most innovative or pretty upgrade but it does get the job done for a very very nice price.

Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Well, you can run lights or locking diffs on the switches and servos on the other 2 channels.

It's not the most innovative or pretty upgrade but it does get the job done for a very very nice price.

The 2 extra channels are great, but they could have done a better job of incorporating them into the housing. These long toggle switches look like they'll be easy to snag and break in the woods.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #27

That makes me wonder if the RC3S & RC4G already have the capability for the extra channels. I have a hard time believing that they did a hardware upgrade involving a board redesign then decided to just slap a couple toggle switches on the existing case. Considering that the electronics are probably already 99% (or more) identical to the multichannel stuff in their stick controllers, it seems likely.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #28
RCC Addict

And now it's time for my super-noob question: Does running the tx on 2s or 3s have any positive effect on signal strength, or make it any less likely to have interference vs just running 4 AA's? I had 5.6v the other day when my car started glitching (6.1v with new AA's, I usually change them at 4.8-5v.)
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #29

it's a 99% probability that the first thing the power touches in the design is a voltage regulator. The vast majority of the electronics inside that thing are designed for 5VDC.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #30
RCC Addict

That's kinda what I figured, just wishful thinking.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #31

I just received mine this morning. Bought from MyRcMart at 40$. I'll be using it to control my 2WD buggy. I only went through basic setup so far, couldn't go outside for a full out test due to rainy weather. Can't wait to try out the gyro and ABS functions!

It offers a lot of features for the price (similar to my SCX10 II's Futaba 3PV, with some nice extras), but the menu screen is easier to navigate. They both seem to have about the same weight (I haven't actually compared side by side, but going from memory), the throttle and steering controls feel similar. The included RX actually has markings molded on the case to indicate the way to plug servo/ESC wires (+,-, Signal), which I think is nice (had to do a Google search when I wired my Futaba one, it wasn't even written in the manual!).

Downside (not surprised here): the overall finish isn't as smooth as a big brand TX (for example, both halves of the controller are not sitting flush, molding and fitting issues...). It feels cheaply made. And the speaker "beep" sounds like it's sick. Hey, not nitpicking here, just being honest... and those aren't dealbreakers by any means. But, it wont replace my Futaba as my main TX.

I will get back with a more detailed report if I can get to use it before it snows here.
Jeece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeece View Post
I just received mine this morning. Bought from MyRcMart at 40$. I'll be using it to control my 2WD buggy. I only went through basic setup so far, couldn't go outside for a full out test due to rainy weather. Can't wait to try out the gyro and ABS functions!

It offers a lot of features for the price (similar to my SCX10 II's Futaba 3PV, with some nice extras), but the menu screen is easier to navigate. They both seem to have about the same weight (I haven't actually compared side by side, but going from memory), the throttle and steering controls feel similar. The included RX actually has markings molded on the case to indicate the way to plug servo/ESC wires (+,-, Signal), which I think is nice (had to do a Google search when I wired my Futaba one, it wasn't even written in the manual!).

Downside (not surprised here): the overall finish isn't as smooth as a big brand TX (for example, both halves of the controller are not sitting flush, molding and fitting issues...). It feels cheaply made. And the speaker "beep" sounds like it's sick. Hey, not nitpicking here, just being honest... and those aren't dealbreakers by any means. But, it wont replace my Futaba as my main TX.

I will get back with a more detailed report if I can get to use it before it snows here.
I've never heard of My RC Mart. Where are they based out of?

You'll love the transmitter. If you have any questions I can try to help you with it. Yes, the manual sucks.

There was an awesome thread on Ultimate RC before it went down.

This looks like another great thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tion-RADIOLINK
Old 10-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've never heard of My RC Mart. Where are they based out of?

You'll love the transmitter. If you have any questions I can try to help you with it. Yes, the manual sucks.

There was an awesome thread on Ultimate RC before it went down.

This looks like another great thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tion-RADIOLINK
Thanks! I will have a look! It was my first time dealing with this store, I discovered it while searching reviews/pricings for the RC4GS. They seem to be based in Asia, shipping is not free but reasonable and fast enough (10 days to Canada). Overall they had the cheapest price (down to a couple of bucks) including shipping to my location, plus I threw in some voltage checkers/alarms. They don't carry that much items for ground RCs though.
Jeece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeece View Post
Thanks! I will have a look! It was my first time dealing with this store, I discovered it while searching reviews/pricings for the RC4GS. They seem to be based in Asia, shipping is not free but reasonable and fast enough (10 days to Canada). Overall they had the cheapest price (down to a couple of bucks) including shipping to my location, plus I threw in some voltage checkers/alarms. They don't carry that much items for ground RCs though.
Yeah $40 is cheap for the new GS model. That's why I was concerned it wasn't legit.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah... make sure you MANUALLY set the failsafe option, otherwise bad things could happen. There was a thread on URC about it, by default the values are blank. At least on some versions.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I had my eye on the new 6 channel one even if those 2 switches do look stupid, but i dont need to look at it so matter little to me, and i am used to carrying a 8 channel stick Tx so i think i can manage to not break those 2 silly switches, and if i do i have the skill and new switches to replace the broken one.

BUT ! also have a eye out for the new Spectrum 5 channel Tx, that look nice too and dont cost that much more and i already found EU sellere.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

New RadioLink 6 channel was pointed out to me this morning, looks interesting.
https://www.asiatees.com/article?Rad...System&id=3083

Is it just me or is the nice looking new Spektrum DX5C handle really tall and fat? Kinda hard to tell, but look at it with the rest of their tx lineup.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Surface/Radios.aspx
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Indeed, same with the 4C

Maybe those are made for us with big hands,,,, and you know what big hands also mean
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
New RadioLink 6 channel was pointed out to me this morning, looks interesting.
https://www.asiatees.com/article?Rad...System&id=3083

Is it just me or is the nice looking new Spektrum DX5C handle really tall and fat? Kinda hard to tell, but look at it with the rest of their tx lineup.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Surface/Radios.aspx
It's probably an optical illusion. And Spektrum radios come with different size backstraps/palm swells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Indeed, same with the 4C

Maybe those are made for us with big hands,,,, and you know what big hands also mean
Yep. Big gloves!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Yes, like 4C but even more so.

Uh, not always but ok tmi lol.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Radiolink tx/rx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RadioLink RC4G radio not working with R4EH-H rx. Help big_poppa49 Electronics 6 10-13-2016 06:19 PM
RadioLink RC4G which lipo battery? big_poppa49 Electronics 2 10-07-2016 10:26 PM
Radiolink RC3S 4ch 2.4G Radio System xdillonx Electronics 1 03-15-2014 04:17 PM
Airplane rodio Radiolink T4EU for 4whells steering? Big Pitt Electronics 8 05-25-2011 11:37 AM
RadioLink T6EHP-E adamargue Electronics 0 02-06-2011 12:04 PM