Notices

Thread: Radiolink tx/rx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Radiolink tx/rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
it had crossed my mind to convert to a small 2S lipo... i hate to nickel and dime myself to death on throw away AA's. has anyone tried this? i saw it mentioned earlier.

(
I am using a 1300 2s in my sons RG3S
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
I am using a 1300 2s in my sons RG3S
I converted to AA sized rechargeable NiMH batteries.
They last for weeks and are easy to charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

I'm using AA Eneloops, don't feel like having a lipo in there charged and plugged in all the time.

I charge them up every almost never. Really an energy efficient radio.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
I converted to AA sized rechargeable NiMH batteries.
They last for weeks and are easy to charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
I'm using AA Eneloops, don't feel like having a lipo in there charged and plugged in all the time.

I charge them up every almost never. Really an energy efficient radio.
I don't have AA's and I had the 2s lipo, so That is what I used.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:05 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

I hate to revive a dormant thread but I recently started having issues with my trusty RC4G. I needed to pick up 2 more receivers to fill the last two channels and found the only thing available that was claimed to be compatible were the RC6F and RC6FG. I bought two RC6F's and when they came in they were finicky to bind and once bound they would not stay bound when power cycled. As soon as the esc switch was turned off and back on the receiver went back into "searching for signal" mode (slow blinking green light) and would then go full left and WOT. It seems that every time these receivers see power they need to be re-bound and if that is the case I will be switching radios. The 4-channel receivers in the other 8 models that are bound to this radio work normally, the problem is only with the 6 channel receivers. Anyone have any ideas or had the same issue? Thanks for the help in advance.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:46 PM   #66
RCC Addict

I had the same issue with the full throttle, full left at startup, but only on 2 of my older 4ch rx's. If I turned the car off and back on, it usually corrected itself. It's very rare that it happened, and I never got to the bottom of it, but I kept them in service anyway and just hold my cars in the air when powering them on. Honest to goodness, it happened much more frequently when Spektrum radios were already powered on in the vicinity, if the Radiolink was turned on first it pretty much never happened. Oddly enough, those same rx's never acted up when they were in cars with external bec's that powered the receiver before turning the esc on. Sorry I can't actually help you resolve the issue.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:57 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

I retired one of my receivers because it kept glitching.

But the bigger issue on my TS4g right now is poor throttle centering. I can set up my ESCs to have a bigger dead zone around the center, but it bothers me, looks like the pots are on the way out. And the steering pot has something wrong on the left side of the travel, there's a spot where it goes to full lock and then back.

I could try contact spray or even take out the pots and find a suitable replacement in my local electronics stores. But thinking of finally upgrading to something more up market, Spektrum, Futaba, Sanwa, whatever... Maybe a FS GT5. Not so worried about my cwarlers but I don't want my 6s Arrma taking off in a random direction.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:05 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

I tried contacting Radiolink yesterday and they are off for the week due to a holiday. It will be Friday before anyone will be available to diagnose the issue. My guess is that the R6F isn't as compatible with the RC4G as it is claimed, I only wish the R4EH-G or R4EH-H were still available, I guess if it isn't broke fix it anyway...
Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Yeah, I have a couple of receivers that won't bind to a radio with newer firmware... Nowhere on the site does it say what works with what and support is nonexistent.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
Yeah, I have a couple of receivers that won't bind to a radio with newer firmware... Nowhere on the site does it say what works with what and support is nonexistent.
I must say, I was afraid of that. What RX's are not working for you? And with what transmitter?
Old 10-09-2020, 12:12 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

I got an answer from Radiolink this morning and it goes against what every seller and hobby outlet that is catering to RC4G owner has said. The RC4G, being an older generation, is technically compatible with the R6F in terms of communication technology but the updates to the radio in generations since cause issues when trying to use the two together. To quote their message, "the binding process is more sensitive to the environment if there's any possible signal interference. And it would take a bit longer or even the binding may drop when you repower on the device." The solution? For future radio and receiver needs switch to a RC4GS of which there are receivers available. They were very polite in their response and did get back to me quickly once back from vacation so I cannot complain there.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:32 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
I got an answer from Radiolink this morning and it goes against what every seller and hobby outlet that is catering to RC4G owner has said. The RC4G, being an older generation, is technically compatible with the R6F in terms of communication technology but the updates to the radio in generations since cause issues when trying to use the two together. To quote their message, "the binding process is more sensitive to the environment if there's any possible signal interference. And it would take a bit longer or even the binding may drop when you repower on the device." The solution? For future radio and receiver needs switch to a RC4GS of which there are receivers available. They were very polite in their response and did get back to me quickly once back from vacation so I cannot complain there.
So they are saying the updates (firmware updates via download) are what messes things up? I have never gotten around to installing the cd or downloading anything from the website and plugging my radio ibto the computer.

As it stands right now i have no issues with any of my 5 receivers. Some are 4 channel, some have gyro, and some are 6 channel. Not sure of whats what or their model numbers as they are all sealed up in bags and rx boxes except two R6Fs, one of which has only been tested out of truck.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:48 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
So they are saying the updates (firmware updates via download) are what messes things up? I have never gotten around to installing the cd or downloading anything from the website and plugging my radio ibto the computer.

As it stands right now i have no issues with any of my 5 receivers. Some are 4 channel, some have gyro, and some are 6 channel. Not sure of whats what or their model numbers as they are all sealed up in bags and rx boxes except two R6Fs, one of which has only been tested out of truck.
As far as I can tell it is just an issue with the older model radios (like my RC4G that has had no firmware updates since new) and the new receivers. The R6F's that I have tried (all 3 of them) have bound with no issues but once power cycled they would lose their bind. I don't want to risk the the 8 receivers that are currently working fine to see if a firmware update would solve the new gen binding issue so I will most likely just pick up a new radio at some point that will work with the new receivers. I've got my eye on a RC6GS currently, but am also looking at a few others.

Radiolink tx/rx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RadioLink RC4G radio not working with R4EH-H rx. Help big_poppa49 Electronics 6 10-13-2016 06:19 PM
RadioLink RC4G which lipo battery? big_poppa49 Electronics 2 10-07-2016 10:26 PM
Radiolink RC3S 4ch 2.4G Radio System xdillonx Electronics 1 03-15-2014 04:17 PM
Airplane rodio Radiolink T4EU for 4whells steering? Big Pitt Electronics 8 05-25-2011 11:37 AM
RadioLink T6EHP-E adamargue Electronics 0 02-06-2011 12:04 PM