Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Have tech questions? Will answer.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #601
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Have tech questions? Will answer.

No that’s the way they respond. I would get emails late in the day, follow ups usually the next business day. No shock as I know they still can’t fix em thru the internet, and once in hand they will satisfy .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #602
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
So I just in my HV500v2, and im having an issue where on startup it is traveling past the end points and is hitting the panhard mount twice. I have a rigid bowhouse rc servo mount and even moving the arm considerably in the other direction does not seem to help. Any ideas??
So turns out the glitchy behaivor was because I wasnt grounding the signal connection to the RX. It seems like the beeping from my wp-1080 was feedbacking through the signal line and causing the weird action. I grounded it properly and was able to eliminate the weird startup.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #603
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
So turns out the glitchy behaivor was because I wasnt grounding the signal connection to the RX. It seems like the beeping from my wp-1080 was feedbacking through the signal line and causing the weird action. I grounded it properly and was able to eliminate the weird startup.
Yep, always leave the black wire connected, or else you will have floating ground problems

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #604
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroFlego View Post
Yep, always leave the black wire connected, or else you will have floating ground problems

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It was a stupid mistake, for some reason I misremembered a thread I made a few months ago about the exact grounding issue. I was just so excited to get that servo in the rig!
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #605
RCC Addict

Ground faults are to blame for almost all electrical gremlins.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #606
I wanna be Dave

1800 KV Holmes Hobbies Revolver in the larger size (not snubnose) seems to be no longer available, distributors dont have it and the Holmes Hobbies site only lists the 1400KV as an option for this size now.

So is this version just no longer in production, or is there something else at play?
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #607
I wanna be Dave

He's said before that there is a glitch with their site - when they are just temporarily out of stock on an item, it no longer appears on the listings...

I do believe they will be continuing the manufacture of the larger 1800kv Revolver.

BTW - I've been testing mine out with a Mamba X in my Bomber build, it's an absolute blast on 4S...
Attached Images

Last edited by durok; 07-17-2018 at 08:03 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #608
I wanna be Dave

Ah, thanks Durok
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #609
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

just waiting on the next shipment. The site hides out of stock options for some reason.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #610

JohnRobHolmes,
Can you please reply to my post #572 about amp draw of a motor?
salexander85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #611

It got answered fairly well already. Your assumptions are correct that lower voltage will ask for less amperage. Outside of actually data logging your crawling, the numbers are nothing more than guesses and generally overinflated factory specs. Use escs and motors with known performance or do the testing of temperatures yourself.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #612
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
just waiting on the next shipment. The site hides out of stock options for some reason.

Any time ideas ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #613

Hey John, my question is. I installed a torque master 550 21t in my spawn and burnt up stock esc in about 30 min. Ordered one of your torque master BRXL and installed that today and had a few issues with rx but I think I got that fixed. I went through calibration of esc and had to switch wires on motor because it was running backwards according to led’s on esc. My question is when I purchased motor I had timing advanced so how will that affect it now that wires are switched? Will it be faster in reverse? If so how do I fix this?
Fonte1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #614
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonte1971 View Post
Hey John, my question is. I installed a torque master 550 21t in my spawn and burnt up stock esc in about 30 min. Ordered one of your torque master BRXL and installed that today and had a few issues with rx but I think I got that fixed. I went through calibration of esc and had to switch wires on motor because it was running backwards according to led’s on esc. My question is when I purchased motor I had timing advanced so how will that affect it now that wires are switched? Will it be faster in reverse? If so how do I fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonte1971 View Post
Hey John, I purchased one of your torque master 550 21t motor and installed it in my spawn and in about 30 min I lost reverse and it was acting funny. Stock esc was really hot. Unplugged battery and let cool off. Turned back on and still no reverse and now when I turned off tx the motor would run wide open. Figured esc was done. Ordered torque master BRXL from y’all and installed today. Forward and reverse work fine and fixed problem with rx making motor run all the time. I had to switch motor wires to get motor to run the right way with led lights on esc. My question is when I purchased motor I had timing advanced. So what will happen now? Will it be faster in reverse and what do I need to do to fix this? Thanks
Give him a chance to respond... It's a weekend and he is very busy, you're asking basically the same exact question twice.

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #615

Yeah I see that , didn’t think the first one went through.
Fonte1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #616

If you purchased the motor with normal rotation direction, you will want to reverse it in a Wraith spawn (probably) for best brush life. Listen to the RPMs and it should be obvious which is faster, it should be forwards. Check out my youtube.com/holmeshobbies channel for some tech videos .

here is one about timing motors.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #617
Quarry Creeper

I purchased an xr10 kit and everything was from 2011 a few weeks back. I have it together and running but have questions about some of the old new stock items it came with, HH 35t Torquemaster pro motors Thunder power batteries etc. I have receipts to prove their purchase dates so I know they are from 2011, but I dont believe any of it has ever been run.

Do I need to do anything to the motors to break them in or anything, is that an old way of thinking?

what about the batteries, They are thunder power and I was able to find a balance board for my hitec to charge them, do they need to be balanced and ran or should I do anything prior to ensure they dont have diminished capacity
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #618
Rock Crawler

Does anyone know what the max pole count is on the Mamba X?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #619
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroFlego View Post
Does anyone know what the max pole count is on the Mamba X?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

There isn't one. It's max electrical RPM is what matters. Electrical RPM is calculated by: Motor RPM * Pole Count / 2

Motor RPM can be estimated by KV * Voltage.

I believe The Mamba X maxes out at 200k electrical RPM

So if you had a 2000kv 14 pole motor with a 3s battery, it would be running at 176,400 eRPM.

Last edited by robert@castle; 07-23-2018 at 08:24 PM.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:43 PM   #620
RCC Addict

I'm looking to purchase an HH Revolver but not sure whether to order the 1000kv or 1400kv for use in a TRX4 with Mamba X strictly used for slow crawling.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Have tech questions? Will answer. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspension tech questions. Gen3_Teg_88 General Crawlers 9 07-13-2018 08:29 AM
axle tech questions 808eng_rc Multi Axle Rigs 4 11-07-2013 02:08 PM
(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 3483 02-05-2013 09:08 PM
2 stupid newbie questions needs answer Mysterious Axial XR10 21 06-18-2012 09:22 AM
? Who has the answer to thes questions ? mik236 Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 05-23-2010 02:40 PM