RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Have tech questions? Will answer. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/590281-have-tech-questions-will-answer.html)

mikemcE 10-21-2017 08:18 AM

Re: Have tech questions? Will answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5759386)
last weekish. The last batch of shv was also 4s safe. If you have any issues, you will get a v2 for warranty "thumbsup"

Identified by what John. I know the jewel case states it, any markings on the servo ?

Hang up and Drive

MasteroFlego 10-21-2017 11:22 AM

My Mamba X is having trouble getting my (Chinese garbage) 2pole sensored motor to spin. When I try it without the sensor cable plugged in it works just fine. When I try it with the sensor cable plugged in it jitters back and forth in a 5° range, but only on full throttle, it doesn't do anything on full reverse. I've tried every possible order for the motor wires, no luck.

(i haven't received my castle link yet.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mikemcE 10-21-2017 11:33 AM

Try another wire

Hang up and Drive

Naz53 10-24-2017 06:37 AM

Hello, I have a speed control I need to send back for repair and was wondering what I need to do to get it going, do I call or email for a repair number to mail in with it? Thank you

84yoda 10-24-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naz53 (Post 5760223)
Hello, I have a speed control I need to send back for repair and was wondering what I need to do to get it going, do I call or email for a repair number to mail in with it? Thank you

Warranty Information

madazz 10-25-2017 03:40 AM

how close can i place my esc to my motor? im hoping to be able to mount my esc with the heat sink roughly 5-10mm away from the end of my brushless motor, will that be to much heat in one spot?

MasteroFlego 10-25-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madazz (Post 5760567)
how close can i place my esc to my motor? im hoping to be able to mount my esc with the heat sink roughly 5-10mm away from the end of my brushless motor, will that be to much heat in one spot?

As long as there's some airflow it should be fine. What truck do you have?

madazz 10-26-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5760670)
As long as there's some airflow it should be fine. What truck do you have?

its going in my scx10.2 ive got a gcm lrt2 so hoping to try and squeeze esc in between the servo and motor. will have plenty of ventilation and doesnt get run for long periods of time

MasteroFlego 10-26-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madazz (Post 5760938)
its going in my scx10.2 ive got a gcm lrt2 so hoping to try and squeeze esc in between the servo and motor. will have plenty of ventilation and doesnt get run for long periods of time

Should be fine, crawlers tend not to draw a lot of amps.

JohnRobHolmes 10-30-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5759401)
Identified by what John. I know the jewel case states it, any markings on the servo ?

Hang up and Drive

Yes, servo case sticker has v2 on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasteroFlego (Post 5759434)
My Mamba X is having trouble getting my (Chinese garbage) 2pole sensored motor to spin. When I try it without the sensor cable plugged in it works just fine. When I try it with the sensor cable plugged in it jitters back and forth in a 5° range, but only on full throttle, it doesn't do anything on full reverse. I've tried every possible order for the motor wires, no luck.

(i haven't received my castle link yet.)

Bad motor or sensor cable is likely the culprit, assuming you have ABC plugged into the proper ABC cables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naz53 (Post 5760223)

link from next post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84yoda (Post 5760314)

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by madazz (Post 5760567)

That would be just fine. Brushless runs cool in crawlers, heat won't be an issue.

TheLetterJ 11-03-2017 02:33 PM

I've been running a 21t 550 brushed motor on 3s, but would like to run 4s in another build. I just noticed that you offer a Trailmaster Sport 550 in 27t, would that be the better option for 4s, or will your 21t handle 4s without drama? Obviously I will gear accordingly.

JohnRobHolmes 11-03-2017 03:15 PM

The 27t would be a better choice for 4s, but I don't have direct experience with the 21t on 4s to comment on how long it would last. Would probably be fine.

TheLetterJ 11-03-2017 03:22 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. I need to buy another motor anyway, so I'll give the 27t 550 a shot this time.

Fishcharger 11-13-2017 06:00 PM

Looking to build a second SCX10 II. I have a CC 1406 series 2850kv motor in my 1st one which I've been happy with. But in my TF2 I put in a Puller Pro 2700kv and I really do love how it performs. With that I want another Puller Pro or Trail Master. Which one of the two, and what KV do you recommend for this 2nd SCX10 II I'm about to build? I mostly use my rigs for rock crawling. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnRobHolmes 11-13-2017 07:31 PM

A Puller Pro 540 is very universal, but a stubby is lighter. I tend to go with a 540, but the stubby is well suited for the SCX10ii. 2700kv is a really good choice for all around use, and since you already have one you know if you like the wheelspeed.

Fishcharger 11-13-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5766788)
A Puller Pro 540 is very universal, but a stubby is lighter. I tend to go with a 540, but the stubby is well suited for the SCX10ii. 2700kv is a really good choice for all around use, and since you already have one you know if you like the wheelspeed.

Great info thanks for the reply. The 2700kv offers more than enough wheel speed for me. Will I see even more low end control with the 2200kv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnRobHolmes 11-14-2017 07:14 AM

It will be easier to control a 2200 just because there is less motor speed, but the low end startup won't be different. If you could gear down the 2700 to match the slower wheelspeed of the 2200, it would perform better overall.

mikemcE 11-14-2017 07:40 AM

John , could you explain braking on brushless motors. Does it generate heat? How to determine proper ratio between brake and drag brake.... using the BLE as an example

Hang up and Drive

JohnRobHolmes 11-14-2017 11:46 AM

In most situations with drag brake, you won't ever have a chance to use normal brakes since drag brake slows you down so fast. The drag brake and normal brake generate heat in the same sense as using the motor for power, its just in generator mode.

Just in case drag brake doesn't slow you down, having brake set at 100% will give you the back up braking ability to stop your rig. In a go fast rig, that might be too touchy and it would be lower, like 50%.

awizner 11-14-2017 12:58 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Ángel and I write from Spain. I want to comment something. I do not know if it's the right place since my English is not very good. I have a gcm skeleton j2 with torquemaster pro 55t engine and esc hh br-xl. I have a small problem and that is that I do not get smooth operation at low speed. the car has moments where it goes as braking especially when passing stones. I have the passive drag brake, the drag brake at 30% and the brake amount at 40%. the abs canceled and I can not know what happens. I want to think that it is because of the engine's own retention, but I would like to solve it. Can you help me? thank you and excuse my english!