Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Have tech questions? Will answer.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #1701
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Have tech questions? Will answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
All of the Spektrums are different but this thread has some info, and I will ad to it with what I have for the dx5r and dx5 pro later
is there details on the newer Spektrum DX6 transmitter?

further troubleshooting I did was I just gave up on using the throttle channel and moved to rudder, it worked, esc calibrates and arms, no more motor beeping.
New issue , Since many of us old schoolers change the pinions gears so that that the front has a slight over drive than the rear How do you make the rear slightly over drive in reverse but yet remains slightly slower than front when going Forward?
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #1702
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Coolest running, least strain on the motor. Not sure if that is a higher Kv motor spinning a small pinion or a lower Kv motor spinning a larger pinion, I know I can fine tune speed & torque with gearing, I guess its more "which is best; higher RPM with a small pinion or lower RPM with a bigger pinion" I guess it doesn't help each of the 3 motors is a different brand.... Its probably just a crap shoot I guess. I figured the question id probably not answerable without testing... That's why I was hoping to get some opinions, thank you for at least getting me to clarify it a bit. E
Smaller pinion is what the "gear down" references. For the volt up, that is in regards to the battery, not the motor kv. Kv is just the rpms/per volt you will yield from the setup. So fully charged your roc412 is 12.6v*3100kv gives you about 40k rpms. It helps figuring out your speed etc. In your situation out of those motors I would run the Roc412 and the smallest pinion you can fit. The Holmes is a great option as well but i would not get it in that kv for a crawler.

Check this out, from Voodoobrew (posted above me here) Great calculator, and gearing info in general.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=453959559
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #1703
Rock Crawler

I’m looking for a new esc/motor combo for my Losi Comp Crawler. I’m really interested in the new V2 Puller Pro motors, especially the 2700kv stubby. Is the Castle Mamba X the best esc to pair with this motor? I’m not crazy about the high pitch noise of the Mamba X but would be willing to live with it. Thanks fellas!
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
missing the most important piece and that is what is the ESC? If your ESC supports 6v at about 5-10amp then your steering servo's are good to go.

if not , then install a castle bec and remove the red wire on your esc.

is that correct John?
BEC Output:*6V/7.4V @ 3A (switch mode)
I am running the hobbywing 1080 brushed esc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
marcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:59 AM   #1705
Rock Stacker

I have been running a PP V2 2200kv with a mamba x, and just put in a 1800KV revolver and cant get any low speed control out of it. I have been playing with the curve, but it seems to just make more noise longer with a long slow ramp. Once the motor starts turning, it's just too fast of a crawl.

Any ideas on setup would be welcome....Thanks!
ScottyPotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:32 AM   #1706
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
is there details on the newer Spektrum DX6 transmitter?

further troubleshooting I did was I just gave up on using the throttle channel and moved to rudder, it worked, esc calibrates and arms, no more motor beeping.

New issue , Since many of us old schoolers change the pinions gears so that that the front has a slight over drive than the rear How do you make the rear slightly over drive in reverse but yet remains slightly slower than front when going Forward?
Same pinions, adjust in software. But in moa I find it's not necessary since when you need overdrive is when your climbing and the rear is loaded up. Because the rear is loaded up it will spin slower on its own.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #1707
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=Voodoobrew;6009186]

But in moa I find it's not necessary since when you need overdrive is when your climbing and the rear is loaded up. Because the rear is loaded up it will spin slower on its own.
QUOTE]

I’ve got a Futaba for my MOA, and I proportionally adjust the rear motor from 110 down to 10. This is all part of the dual esc mix

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:42 PM   #1708
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
I have been running a PP V2 2200kv with a mamba x, and just put in a 1800KV revolver and cant get any low speed control out of it. I have been playing with the curve, but it seems to just make more noise longer with a long slow ramp. Once the motor starts turning, it's just too fast of a crawl.

Any ideas on setup would be welcome....Thanks!
How's your gearing? It's not always the ESC programming, especially when you have motors with somewhat differing torque-delivery characteristics...

Hopefully this snip of my Bomber / Mamba X / Revolver v1 1800kv settings is helpful with whatever rig you are running. I am using stock 64t spur/12t pinion and usually 3S LiPo, sometimes 4S - and the Bomber is very heavy as it's pretty upgraded. It crawls at a snail's pace, drag brake is very strong when I have it turned on with the 3rd channel controlling the Aux Wire function:
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:55 AM   #1709

I have a vanguard ae3 ESC and it blinks yelow and green after start up do you know if that's just a low voltage light it on my yeti I'm new to this world and already love it so I'm hoping that's all it is . The hole circus is making things hard to get like chargers and batteries so I'm patiently waiting for my new things just try to figure out if I broke the yeti or it's just a low battery

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
ryanhall8028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #1710
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
How's your gearing? It's not always the ESC programming, especially when you have motors with somewhat differing torque-delivery characteristics...

Hopefully this snip of my Bomber / Mamba X / Revolver v1 1800kv settings is helpful with whatever rig you are running. I am using stock 64t spur/12t pinion and usually 3S LiPo, sometimes 4S - and the Bomber is very heavy as it's pretty upgraded. It crawls at a snail's pace, drag brake is very strong when I have it turned on with the 3rd channel controlling the Aux Wire function:
Thanks for your help. I'm running a capra, and am using the same motor as you. Will look at your setup and try your settings, from memory I think I'm already pretty close to your settings. Thanks for taking your time to post your notes.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #1711

Hey I feel like this is extremely simple but I want to confirm. I see a lot of motors that have a 1t or 35t even 55t which from what I have gathered is the turn of the motor. That being said, as the turn goes up does the torque go up or down? I know the high the turn the more wheel speed, but I'm more looking for good torque but not concerned for speed I was looking at a pro crawler 11t from holmes hobbies.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:57 PM   #1712
RCC Addict

Lower turn = more speed and slightly less torque

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
Lower turn = more speed and slightly less torque

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Alright, thank you! I will look for something higher, I'm running a axial 1/10 with a metal roller cage so I will probably look around that 35t-55t

Old 04-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #1714

I have a mamba x with a puller pro and have no reverse the sensor wire that came with it is bad i replaced it and the motor runs smooth now with no reverse running sr515 with rugged radio and no reverse

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
anrjch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #1715

Hi I just got a e Revo and the thing hesitates and go in reverse sometimes when it wants to but it es hesitates hesitates hesitates then it will go and then all of a sudden it comes out of it and it has full power will do that for a little bit and then when I stop it it'll start hesitating again will not take off at full power ever please help I also have a yeti that I just rolled and now it just doesn't move like something found in it just jerks jerks jerks wants to go but doesn't go

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
ryanhall8028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #1716
I wanna be Dave

Is it the 2 second reverse delay thats programed into the ESC for racers? Many esc's ship like that. double taps provide faster reverse sometimes. Usually you can reprogram them into crawler mode to remove it, but that can destroy gears or electronics.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #1717
Rock Stacker

I got a question for you guys....so I want to hook up a single servo to 2 different channels on my remote. Can this be done?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #1718
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyPotty View Post
I got a question for you guys....so I want to hook up a single servo to 2 different channels on my remote. Can this be done?
my .02
What is the goal here?
Will you be able to isolate the signal independently, so the servo doesnt get twitchy reading to different signals?
could try it with a Y splitter cable but just use 1 input power.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:33 PM   #1719
I wanna be Dave

Hi John

Question

I have your BR XL Dual ESC's and want to know why are folks adding a BEC for there servo .
when your ESC already provides " 5 amp 6 volt on board switchmode BEC delivers unbelievable servo power at any input voltage. "

Do I really need one?

Also, what are the dangers of removing the heat sinks? are there instructions/video on how to strip down the esc's to make them compact?

Thank YOu
Old 04-07-2020, 05:45 AM   #1720
Rock Stacker

Quote:
my .02
What is the goal here?
Will you be able to isolate the signal independently, so the servo doesnt get twitchy reading to different signals?
could try it with a Y splitter cable but just use 1 input power.
My goal is to run a single servo off 2 different channels. I want to use my channel 3 (push button by my thumb) to get into my dig and lock the rear wheels. Then use channel 4 to get the dig servo into neutral.

I don't know if the channels are constantly putting out signals or only when they are being used? Maybe Ill need a diode to keep the signals from back feeding? I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or knows if it will work/wont work and what needs to be done.

Have tech questions? Will answer. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspension tech questions. Gen3_Teg_88 General Crawlers 9 07-13-2018 08:29 AM
axle tech questions 808eng_rc Multi Axle Rigs 4 11-07-2013 02:08 PM
(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 3483 02-05-2013 09:08 PM
2 stupid newbie questions needs answer Mysterious Axial XR10 21 06-18-2012 09:22 AM
? Who has the answer to thes questions ? mik236 Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 05-23-2010 02:40 PM